00:00
00:00

Loved ones that turned toxic

270 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-07 09:41:08

I haven’t told this to people but .

My oldest sister is toxic . Like really toxic .

She treats me like shit even tho my mother told her to stop.

It was her toxicity that messed up with my mental health every since I turned 14 last year .

Its a mess and I even talked to my mom about this . If it gets dangerous, I have to lock my self in the small closet room .

Commission me beacuse I'm broke as hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-07 09:45:11

That's pretty intense. Does she have some sort of mental health issues going on? She may need some sort of therapy.

BBS Signature

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-07 10:33:16

You're a Viking. Grab your battle axe and settle the matter.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-07 10:53:24

At 9/7/19 09:45 AM, Fro wrote: That's pretty intense. Does she have some sort of mental health issues going on? She may need some sort of therapy.

yeah. depression. even got anti deppresents for that. not gonna lie , i want her to be happy but if she continues to be like this i might have to move to my brothers for a week or so

BBS Signature

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-07 11:02:18

Had this friend who was a comedian, he wasn't the best but he still tried his hardest.. had to resort to crime and wound up in a vat of chemicals. It turned his skin white and his hair green and he started to go by a new name and dresses like a clown... now all he wants to do is defeat the batman, but I'm afraid of that fucker so I stay out of it.

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-07 11:38:22

One of my brothers was always toxic, still is, he used to steal things from me, money, games, cards, anything he could sell for money really. He had an eBay addiction, bidded on things he already had, but he needed money. I started hiding things, and locking things of value in my perants room, from my own brother.

Play Sick Games: [1] [2] [3]

BBS Signature

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-07 12:40:36

Did you post this because you are looking for some helpful advice, or you just want someone to listen to you?

I ask because I am having my own trouble reconciling with my toxic loved ones and I too am looking for helpful advice as to how to communicate what I don't like and what I do like without involving higher authorities.

It is a shame that your mom can't help you or you don't trust her enough to talk to her about it. I would push for you to talk to your mom and ask her to intervene or get your sister to understand that when push comes to shove, Family ties and blood is supposed to be thicker than water, and she is going to want your love and support in the future and she should invest in that by being nice now.

I don't know, that is just how I feel about it.

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-07 12:48:27

Change the first word then.

"Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world."

BBS Signature

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-07 16:53:11

Why am I toxic?!

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-07 17:00:04

At 9/7/19 09:41 AM, WonderSchwifty wrote: I haven’t told this to people but .

It was her toxicity that messed up with my mental health every since I turned 14 last year .

Its a mess and I even talked to my mom about this . If it gets dangerous, I have to lock my self in the small closet room .

I can only guess, that if she is few years older than you (I don't know much about you), she would be still a teen, who has a lot of problems and insecurities of her own and who is probably doesn't know what to do with her feelings and problems herself. That would made her very mean. Stress, financial issues, overwhelming requirements on the person's time and energy can all cause accumulation of loads of anger. People with loads of suppressed anger, who don't know how to rid of it, usually simply behave mean. Or maybe you actually behave annoying. You didn't describe much of the situation.

Generally speaking, your options: talk to your parents about your relationship with her, don't provoke her if she is pron to scream, but stand up for yourself if she is outright bully you, if you can't talk it out with her, probably just stay away from her as much as possible and spend more time with your friends (and not at home). You know there are libraries and art studios? In life pretty often happens that the further you are from your family the better your relationships with them.

Also, I suggest maybe to keep a private journal to vent. This is what helps personally me to stay somewhat sane (I have more than one toxic member of family). Digital or physical journal - doesn't matter, but not public - so you can be honest with yourself.

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-07 18:06:56

A lot of people can be toxic in different kinds of ways, the more good you see in others the better you can get along with everyone... but you should avoid abusive people

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-07 18:52:23

At 9/7/19 05:00 PM, Qamitiam wrote:

I can only guess, that if she is few years older than you (I don't know much about you), she would be still a teen, who has a lot of problems and insecurities of her own and who is probably doesn't know what to do with her feelings and problems herself. That would made her very mean. Stress, financial issues, overwhelming requirements on the person's time and energy can all cause accumulation of loads of anger. People with loads of suppressed anger, who don't know how to rid of it, usually simply behave mean. Or maybe you actually behave annoying. You didn't describe much of the situation.

Generally speaking, your options: talk to your parents about your relationship with her, don't provoke her if she is pron to scream, but stand up for yourself if she is outright bully you, if you can't talk it out with her, probably just stay away from her as much as possible and spend more time with your friends (and not at home). You know there are libraries and art studios? In life pretty often happens that the further you are from your family the better your relationships with them.

Also, I suggest maybe to keep a private journal to vent. This is what helps personally me to stay somewhat sane (I have more than one toxic member of family). Digital or physical journal - doesn't matter, but not public - so you can be honest with yourself.

My sister is like 14 years older than me and owns 40% of the house

BBS Signature

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-07 18:55:14

Start working out then threaten to beat the shit out of her. The only way she'll stop is if you stand up for yourself. And even if she leaves you alone, just slap her upside the head once in a while when you pass her, just as a show of dominance.

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-07 21:01:38

You mean toxic... like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_jbEjJuYpg

?

BBS Signature

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-08 05:21:16

My mom is pretty bad. She shits on everyone behind their back, doesn't seem to really like anyone. I've picked up some of her traits, not that one so much. She takes everything I say in such a negative way and like she's being attacked, but that's just her own filter changing reality.

However, a few years ago, she told me she should listen to me more often. As I'm often right and more logical than her. Well, yeah.... I guess that's nice, when you've spent your whole life having your mother tell you you're wrong, stupid, and a disappointment.

What I try to remember, people often choose their own reality. If you go around being nasty or a dick, that shit often comes back on you. Even if it doesn't, that's your reality, that's how you'll see the world. You don't have to be that way, you don't have to care about shit that won't truly matter in a year, a month, a week, or even a day.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

My dad and my brother. More my brother, but he gets his toxic traits FROM my Dad.

They're both hair-trigger tempers who hate being talked down to, and snap back when they get talked down to, respond to anger with heightened anger, and...oh yeah, they talk down to each other.

So it's basically a coin-flip if their conversation is going to result in a shouting match.

My Dad was born in 1940.

My brother, 1982.

Brother is a conspiracy theorist who believes 9/11 was an inside job, the Illuminati, chemtrails, GMOs are poison, fluoridated water is poisoning us into docility and stupidity, mind control imagery in mass media, magic hand symbols routed in demonology, Alex Jones is a plant from the CIA to discredit conspiracy theorists and sway the public mind to dismissing dissenters as crazy, wi-fi and cellphone waves are harmful and killing us, Fukushima radiation is a global threat that can be quelled by duct taping the door frame in our home in North Texas, among other things like the Georgia Guidestones, Comet Ison was gonna kill us, and Obama is going to take all of our guns and send us to FEMA concentration death camps.

My Dad watches Fox News all day.

They argue constantly.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-09 09:35:24

At 9/8/19 04:41 PM, Phobotech wrote: My dad and my brother. More my brother, but he gets his toxic traits FROM my Dad.

They're both hair-trigger tempers who hate being talked down to, and snap back when they get talked down to, respond to anger with heightened anger, and...oh yeah, they talk down to each other.

So it's basically a coin-flip if their conversation is going to result in a shouting match.

My Dad was born in 1940.
My brother, 1982.

Brother is a conspiracy theorist who believes 9/11 was an inside job, the Illuminati, chemtrails, GMOs are poison, fluoridated water is poisoning us into docility and stupidity, mind control imagery in mass media, magic hand symbols routed in demonology, Alex Jones is a plant from the CIA to discredit conspiracy theorists and sway the public mind to dismissing dissenters as crazy, wi-fi and cellphone waves are harmful and killing us, Fukushima radiation is a global threat that can be quelled by duct taping the door frame in our home in North Texas, among other things like the Georgia Guidestones, Comet Ison was gonna kill us, and Obama is going to take all of our guns and send us to FEMA concentration death camps.

My Dad watches Fox News all day.

They argue constantly.

Yikes . Have a toxic brother too (born in 1988) . Once I went with him to fix my laptop and a trans girl went by. He said that it was gross and he was homophobic and shit. Always tells me that I’m gonna get married when I’m not going to

BBS Signature

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-09 10:38:22

Turned?

They were always "toxic," you just finally started noticing.

I didn't realize how bad my family was until I found a checklist it was like they'd been spying on us.

I very rarely talk to my family, even though when I was younger I tried really hard to be close to them.

They say "no man is an island."

They are fucking wrong.

I'm doing damn well as an archipelago.

My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.

HATE.

Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature

Personally, I have Hardly any experience with toxic family members, but I will try to help (I am the youngest of 6 kids). My brother was kind of a jerk when I was a lot younger, but we have both grown since then and have a good relationship.

All I can advise to do is try to be nice to your sister. As as the golden rule says, do onto others as you would have others do onto you. This is by no means easy - which my limitless failures to do so are proof of - and can be near impossible at times.

If your sister doesn’t respond positively, try to avoid her if possible. And at all costs try to not to do anything negative! In my experience, being mean to someone has always resulted in more meanness coming my way - a prime example of the golden rule.

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-10 18:08:25

At 9/9/19 09:35 AM, WonderSchwifty wrote:
Once I went with him to fix my laptop and a trans girl went by. He said that it was gross and he was homophobic and shit.

sounds sane so far...

Always tells me that I’m gonna get married when I’m not going to

okay well if he's sexually harassing his own sister then there's definitely something wrong..

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-11 09:45:43

At 9/10/19 05:50 PM, knightspear wrote:

Personally, I have Hardly any experience with toxic family members, but I will try to help (I am the youngest of 6 kids). My brother was kind of a jerk when I was a lot younger, but we have both grown since then and have a good relationship.

All I can advise to do is try to be nice to your sister. As as the golden rule says, do onto others as you would have others do onto you. This is by no means easy - which my limitless failures to do so are proof of - and can be near impossible at times.

If your sister doesn’t respond positively, try to avoid her if possible. And at all costs try to not to do anything negative! In my experience, being mean to someone has always resulted in more meanness coming my way - a prime example of the golden rule.

ill try that

BBS Signature

Response to Loved ones that turned toxic 2019-09-11 09:47:22

At 9/10/19 06:08 PM, chaoticking576 wrote:
At 9/9/19 09:35 AM, WonderSchwifty wrote:
Once I went with him to fix my laptop and a trans girl went by. He said that it was gross and he was homophobic and shit.
sounds sane so far...

Always tells me that I’m gonna get married when I’m not going to
okay well if he's sexually harassing his own sister then there's definitely something wrong..

i know. see i dont wanna , mainly because whats happend to my sister , my mom and aunts. i dont want that fate

BBS Signature