00:00
00:00

feminists are puritans

977 Views | 61 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-08 10:27:31

At 9/8/19 10:21 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 9/7/19 01:06 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Bring forth the Bible quotes!!!
Hold on chaps, @Garnet-Frost has an opinion on this post.

Do you endorse the use of outdated Bible quotes on these topics, Garnet?

Dude, chill. If anything I'm reacting to your impolite behavior.

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-08 10:36:12 (edited 2019-09-08 10:38:40)

At 9/8/19 10:24 AM, Garnet-Frost wrote: Despite the fact in some ways I respect you,

I’m at my numbest to flattery when I can feel a “but” or its equivalent about to follow. I.e.

I will always find it weird when a guy, or a group of guys, goes out of their way to defend feminism.

I’m not defending feminism.

I’m ridiculing the garbage people post on the internet when they chastise feminism as a whole.

You’re defending this garbage. Look at the crap in the OP and AdventVoice’s post. This is not your opinion, surely?

Also please don't bother giving me some long speech about how good feminism is or was, especially since they treated me like crap in the past.

I won’t. I will opine that that Tumblr upbringing dictates a lot of how you respond to topics on this site.

BBS Signature

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-08 11:01:17

At 9/8/19 10:36 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 9/8/19 10:24 AM, Garnet-Frost wrote: Despite the fact in some ways I respect you,
I’m at my numbest to flattery when I can feel a “but” or its equivalent about to follow. I.e.
I will always find it weird when a guy, or a group of guys, goes out of their way to defend feminism.
I’m not defending feminism.
I’m ridiculing the garbage people post on the internet when they chastise feminism as a whole.
You’re defending this garbage. Look at the crap in the OP and AdventVoice’s post. This is not your opinion, surely?
Also please don't bother giving me some long speech about how good feminism is or was, especially since they treated me like crap in the past.
I won’t. I will opine that that Tumblr upbringing dictates a lot of how you respond to topics on this site.

Well, if you want my opinion on feminism, I believe it started off as something good, but throughout time it has become corrupted. I use to buy into their messages until different groups of them kept saying the meanest things to me even after I fucking apologized. This did not only happened on Tumblr, but this also happened on Deviantart.

What they did that hurt me so badly is they constantly pointed flaws in my art. For some reason they really hated the way I drew my girl characters. I didn't wanted to listen to their so called advice so they took it a step further and stole my art to be made fun of on Tumblr.

They took the my stories I had for my characters and made false accusations about me. Even though this is in the past and I'll laugh about it once in awhile it still kind of hurts. One of them "apologized", but even then I still feel angry they did all that all because I wouldn't listen or agree with them. There's more to the story, but I think this explains enough.

I do not agree with this post, but seeing those two words "feminist" and "feminism" just bring back those terrible memories. I get worried when I see people actually defend the movement after how they treated people like me.

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-08 15:36:40 (edited 2019-09-08 15:38:16)

@Garnet-Frost

Those weren't feminists and that's not feminism.

Those were assholes being mean.

Feminism isn't about being an asshole.

And any asshole that tries to claim they're assholishness as feminism are either unaware of their own idiocy or they're intentionally being a troll.

They deserve to be ignored. A few rotten individuals do not represent a movement that benefits all good people.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-09 14:01:38 (edited 2019-09-09 14:02:28)

At 9/8/19 03:36 PM, Phobotech wrote: @Garnet-Frost

And any asshole that tries to claim they're assholishness as feminism are either unaware of their own idiocy or they're intentionally being a troll.

They deserve to be ignored. A few rotten individuals do not represent a movement that benefits all good people.

I honestly wish you were there when they did all that crap to me. Nobody had my back or would even defend me, but when they need fanart or any of their OCs drawn that's when I existed. Those years of harassment and high school made me realize a lot of things about people, particularly other women. One of the few good things that extreme modern feminism made me realize is men don't have it easy and are very underappreciated in society. I am aware there are good feminists that exist, Christina Sommers being one of the feminists I feel most comfortable with.

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-09 18:38:06

Any similarities to groups or movements of the pass is purely coincidental.

The feminist movement is driven by something that is as old as primates: the victim complex. It pays in the short run and screws you in the long run.

= + ^ e * i pi 1 0

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-10 00:09:28

In my teens I just assumed feminism was about equality. It's "more comfortable" to just take things at face value on the surface because "the truth" deeper down is usually depressing. I'd advise people watch Christina Sommers and Camille Paglia if you want to know where feminism was back in the day,what it actually accomplished that was "good",and how it subsequently got derailed and became something that contributed to higher divorce rates,wrecking families,young male suicides,cancel culture (witch hunts that ruin people even when there is no proof involved),confused sexual signals,and creating an army of "fierce independent wahmen" who become depressed cat ladies later in life. Again,Christina and Camille will lay it out for you so don't shoot the messenger!

Ex1

Ex2

Ex3

Ex4

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-11 17:22:08

At 9/6/19 04:24 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote: Feminists are witches. BURN THE WITCH!

ill email Tom and let him know enjoy your ban u sexist scum

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-11 18:27:45 (edited 2019-09-11 18:54:03)

At 9/11/19 05:22 PM, ShayTheSmashMan wrote:

Feminist are sexist too. They say they want to achieve "equality" but really a lot of these kind of women want to elevate themselves above men. A lot of women destroy a man through marriage when they divorce him and take his children away from him including his money. Divorce courts favor women the majority of the time. Sounds sexist to me. Also what about the false rape accusations that ruin men's reputations? The real witch hunt is against men.

Btw, I was trolling anyway. If I am banned for that w/e I have other things I can do.

I fell down and hit my head on a rock. My Father asked, is the rock okay?

BBS Signature

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-11 21:06:21

At 9/11/19 06:27 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote:
Feminist are sexist too. They say they want to achieve "equality" but really a lot of these kind of women want to elevate themselves above men. A lot of women destroy a man through marriage when they divorce him and take his children away from him including his money. Divorce courts favor women the majority of the time. Sounds sexist to me. Also what about the false rape accusations that ruin men's reputations? The real witch hunt is against men.

Btw, I was trolling anyway. If I am banned for that w/e I have other things I can do.

i dont care still sexist. knock it off

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-11 21:19:33

At 9/11/19 09:06 PM, ShayTheSmashMan wrote:

You do care, other wise you wouldn't be threatening to try and get me banned.

BBS Signature

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-11 21:55:03

At 9/11/19 09:19 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote:

if you continue to be sexist i will contact tom

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-11 22:04:08

At 9/11/19 09:55 PM, ShayTheSmashMan wrote:

You're not making any sense. I was not being sexist in that response, just stating that you care. You whining to tom doesn't scare me. You seem to have a big beef with people being "sexist" from your posts in other threads.

BBS Signature

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-11 22:15:49

At 9/11/19 10:04 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote:

You're not making any sense. I was not being sexist in that response, just stating that you care. You whining to tom doesn't scare me. You seem to have a big beef with people being "sexist" from your posts in other threads.

youre clearly a a sexist troll, i pity you so much, i thought people on twitter were this sexist and stupid but you prove me wrong

excuse me im actually in a twitter debate

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-11 22:21:30

At 9/11/19 10:15 PM, ShayTheSmashMan wrote:

youre clearly a a sexist troll, i pity you so much, i thought people on twitter were this sexist and stupid but you prove me wrong

Lol, I'm beginning to think you are a troll. Or maybe your adhd and aspergers is kicking in. Have fun on twitter.

BBS Signature

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-11 22:24:47

Lol, I'm beginning to think you are a troll. Or maybe your adhd and aspergers is kicking in. Have fun on twitter.

you’re still talking???

whats wrong with asbergers?

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-11 22:37:41

At 9/11/19 10:21 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote:
At 9/11/19 10:15 PM, ShayTheSmashMan wrote:

Youre still texting me move on sexist scum

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-11 23:18:10

At 9/11/19 10:24 PM, ShayTheSmashMan wrote:
you’re still talking???

BBS Signature

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-11 23:37:23

At 9/11/19 11:18 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote:
At 9/11/19 10:24 PM, ShayTheSmashMan wrote:
you’re still talking???

thats not funny at all

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-12 08:27:38

At 9/8/19 03:36 PM, Phobotech wrote: @Garnet-Frost

I mean they kinda are: Females and male feminists. "Which is funny to say" but there is a reason why misandrianism is so popular these days. Think about it? Why is MtF transsexualism so popular.. and whom do they hate? If a group gets too extreme they do tend to become hateful individuals. Want example

Look at this guy who is against bullying in this Death Note anime clip. See if you spot any extremist mindset in this clip?

A clueword. Lack of empathy

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-12 08:44:36

In all my hours surfing the internet and actively participating in discussions about shows, games, movies.... I've only ever encountered these "SJWs" ONCE. The thing is you have to go out of your way to encounter them or have to have joined a group with a lot of them lurking. I commented on how I disliked the decision to turn one of the characters gay/bi in a later season of this cartoon and how it felt too much of a retconn rather than a "revelation" then about 40 of them surfaced and did me names. And yes it does suck when it happens but the funny thing is, I'm still a member of that group and to this day am still one of the more active posters and convo starters and the SJWs are nowhere to be found. They didn't leave. They just seem to only respond to those types of discussions and none about the show's content.

If SJWs are bothering you enough times to make a whole thread about them then I suggest joining the right groups, quitting the ones they lurk in, NOT subscribing to them deliberately so you can get pissed off everyday. If your feed is full of SJWs, it's YOUR fault. It also doesn't help to be subscribing to circlejerking/bitching channels like "The Quartering" (<<<< This dude knows more about Brie Larson than Brie Larson) and other similar ones.

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-12 08:57:57

At 9/12/19 08:44 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: It also doesn't help to be subscribing to circlejerking/bitching channels like "The Quartering" (

I only saw one vid. Not into it. But i wont say anything bad about him either.. outside he does have that hipster look

But only thing i can say about Brie Larson is she has a woodface. Super Hero movies i have never liked so i dont particularly care. But thats me.

But you got some legit point.

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-12 12:21:23 (edited 2019-09-12 12:23:47)

At 9/12/19 08:27 AM, Sasukexbox wrote:
I mean they kinda are: Females and male feminists. "Which is funny to say" but there is a reason why misandrianism is so popular these days. Think about it? Why is MtF transsexualism so popular.. and whom do they hate? If a group gets too extreme they do tend to become hateful individuals. Want example

Look at this guy who is against bullying in this Death Note anime clip. See if you spot any extremist mindset in this clip?
A clueword. Lack of empathy

No they aren't. Feminism seeks gender equality and thats worthwhile. Misandry is a bellyaching myth developed by pathetic incels to decry victimhood when their entitled asses aren't getting their way. I've actually known more FtM trans friends than I've met MtF, and A) I would think that would support your bullshit and flimsy rhetoric more anyway, and B) Cite your sources because you haven't demonstrated once that you know wtf you're talking about. Everyone I've known to buy into the Misandry spin of things has pretty dependably been a sexist piece of shit. You're just another faceless fuckwit with a ridiculous screenname and a heap of uninformed bias.

"How uninformed?"

You're pointing to a clip of fucking anime for proof, you absolute child. And not even a good one. Anime, which has culturally and historically been propped up to cater to straight consumption. Japan has been cooler about gay male presence in their media for a lot longer than America has, and that includes empowering queer masculine/feminine male fantasies, but has actually been pretty consistently sexist in its overall handling of straight/bi women, lesbian women, and trans males.

It's why women are constantly depicted as damsels in distress, the lesser and weaker to their male counterparts, with few noteworthy exceptions (and more often than not, its due to them being mechanical, supernatural, or biologically abnormal to human). Samus Aran is a completely capable badass until Team Ninja comes along and writes her to needing men to save her and be obsessed about making babies. Any anime depicting lesbians is curated to appeal to men. Lots of rape, lots of getting overpowered and captured, lots of playing second-fiddle to a male equivalent. Please invest the time into digging up the 3 animes that exist which feature a FtM trans character flatteringly, I've got to get to work and your rhetoric is so full of holes, I could spend all day typing up nukes of truth to seal your idiocy beneath layers of concrete. I'm hoping someone else on here can keep you busy in the meantime because I've already wasted too much time typing all of this.

Fuckoff and live the world beyond a keyboard and r/niceguys. Make more lady friends and trans friends. Lady friends that you're not trying to desperately fuck.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-12 12:33:23

I didn't read any of the discourse of this thread because I know it would be a waste of time.

Feminists are not puritans. The comparison is absurd. Feminists are people (male or female) who strive for women to be as equal in society as men as possible. Your interpretation of feminists is irrelevant to the actual definition of what they are.

Feminist

1. a person who supports feminism.

Feminism

1. the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes. 

btw: If you have a negative interaction with someone who berates the value of men and thinks men should no longer exist, they are not a feminist by definition.

Where as,

Puritans

1. a member of a group of English Protestants of the late 16th and 17th centuries who regarded the Reformation of the Church of England under Elizabeth as incomplete and sought to simplify and regulate forms of worship.
  2. a person with censorious moral beliefs, especially about pleasure and sex.

Female feminists often expose themselves during public protests, which is clue #1 that there is no connection to puritans. Censorship encourages the notion that women's bodies are not their own and that their value as a person befalls on their sexual organs.

There is no connection whatsoever between feminism and puritanism.

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-12 14:49:57

At 9/12/19 12:21 PM, Phobotech wrote: "How uninformed?"
You're pointing to a clip of fucking anime for proof, you absolute child.

(Moving beyond the topic because FrozenFire sums it up perfectly:)

There's a level of inanity with some of these topics that I can't see as being genuine. Like the flat earth thread.

What bothers me is that there are people who vaguely agree with the premise of the topic that give it traction.

There are people like @RubyStarSage (another voiceless entity emoting on my posts) who have more of an issue with me attacking the premise of the topic, but I'm fairly sure if they stopped for a moment they wouldn't equate Feminism to [any old bollocks].

I.e. they see this in the opening post:iu_54708_1301731.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-12 15:58:37

At 9/12/19 02:49 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:

There's a level of inanity with some of these topics that I can't see as being genuine. Like the flat earth thread.
What bothers me is that there are people who vaguely agree with the premise of the topic that give it traction.
There are people like @RubyStarSage (another voiceless entity emoting on my posts) who have more of an issue with me attacking the premise of the topic, but I'm fairly sure if they stopped for a moment they wouldn't equate Feminism to [any old bollocks].

I.e. they see this in the opening post:

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-12 20:24:50

At 9/12/19 03:58 PM, Sasukexbox wrote:
At 9/12/19 02:49 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:

Hold the hell up. I never said one word to you but you sure don't seem to have a problem attempting to drag me into this.

Why don't you and your thoughtless, he-man-woman-hating,MGTOW neckbeards and piddling, insecure, attention seeking trolls piss off.

You really want to try and start a fight because I gave you an angry emoji for people like you and your faulty logic?

Ok, have fun while I report you.

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-13 00:43:02 (edited 2019-09-13 00:43:31)

I don't think many people in 2019 identify with a European Christian Fundamentalist Puritan from the 1800s, let alone feminists. Feminists, like women, have different opinions and backgrounds. I think actually talking to one is the best way to get an accurate idea of what they believe, rather than reading a wiki page and assuming the worst.

Doubt is part of the creative process.

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-13 01:49:21

I'm not arguing and I only came here because of my notifications, so I'm going to keep it simple. Misandry can be just as hurtful to men as misogyny is to women. If misandry wasn't a thing then I wouldn't have grown up to see the kill all men hashtag on both twitter and tumblr and there wouldn't be a book called "Boys Are Stupid! Throw Rocks At Them". There have been companies, such as Marvel, who have actually hired women over men and for some cases it backfired while in rare few others it didn't, but it's still not right. The best idea would be to hire the best person for the job.

Disney's ABC company has recently announced they are not interested in doing male lead shows. I personally think they could have worded that better because it does come across as anti-male. If the roles were reversed it would be anti-female and I think most people would be pissed. In March of this year, it has been found that Google is actually underpaying their male employees compared to women. Also do I need to really go into what happened in the comic book industry where there were comics books bashing men and pushing propaganda which is what lead to current decreased sales?

Basically what I'm trying to say here is men have feelings too, Phobo. I think the world would be a better place if people just stop putting each other down because of their gender. If there's something a man is better at than a woman then so be it. If there's something a woman is better at than a man then so be it. Both genders have their advantages and disadvantages.

BTW, I like the damsel in distress trope (it's a old, overused trope, but I like it). Plus, I really think you aren't looking at the right animes if you're bothered by women "playing second-fiddle to a male equivalent". I would suggest watching Kill la Kill, The Promised Neverland, Little Witch Academia, Ouran High School Host Club, Full Metal Alchemist (the women in this show are amazing), Michiko & Hatchin, and a lot of Ghibli movies. I think there's more, but I'm going by memory.

I don't agree with Sasukexbox's opinions, but I definitely don't think misandry is a myth after a lot of shit I've seen growing up. If you respond the way I think you're going to respond I'm going have to ask you to chill.

Response to feminists are puritans 2019-09-13 02:32:41 (edited 2019-09-13 02:49:35)

At 9/12/19 08:24 PM, RubystarSage wrote:
At 9/12/19 02:49 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: There are people like @RubyStarSage (another voiceless entity emoting on my posts) who have more of an issue with me attacking the premise of the topic, but I'm fairly sure if they stopped for a moment they wouldn't equate Feminism to [any old bollocks].
Hold the hell up. I never said one word to you but you sure don't seem to have a problem attempting to drag me into this.

Why don't you and your thoughtless, he-man-woman-hating,MGTOW neckbeards and piddling, insecure, attention seeking trolls piss off.

You really want to try and start a fight because I gave you an angry emoji for people like you and your faulty logic?

Ok, have fun while I report you.

See?

People like this are just irritated that I dare attack the topic and don’t read anything that I’ve written.

Rubystarmage, do you think that feminists are puritans?

BBS Signature