00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pokémon go sucked

1,942 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Pokémon go sucked 2019-08-23 01:50:52

Back when everybody used to play Pokémon go it was really annoying. I mean everyone at school had their phones out and played Pokémon go. It was major addicting. Of course I didn’t play it because I hate Pokémon and i felt playing it would just be a waste of time.

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-08-23 06:19:20

Aren't most Mobile games made to be addictive though... They're better off playing the actual pokemon games instead

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-08-23 13:07:04

Up next: Minecraft Earth.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-08-23 14:50:44

i h8 how it said my phone was able to run it then when I downloaded it it changed so my phone couldn't

imagine my phone was ver. 2. 0. 4

they changed it to ver. 2. 0. 5

i'll never forgive them for that, I'm glad only 3 people in the whole world still play that shit nowadays

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-08-24 20:34:58

Pokemon Go reminded me of this one fad game from the early 2000s. It was like a Tamagotchi but you'd scan barcodes to battle or catch monsters.

I thought the game was fine honestly. At the height of Go's popularity I'd see people at work looking up pokemon on Serebii. That was pretty surreal. I think there are places in my town that still have the pokemon hotspot sticker on them.

I think it's more fun the way you catch pokemon in Go than in the mainline games. I dropped Go since before the Gen 2 wave though. I held on until they implemented a battle mode and it turned out the battle system was hot garbage and they didn't have PvP (yet?). The battle system in Pokemon Masters looks kinda fun but I still would've preferred the mainline games' battle system over weird quasi-realtime fuckery.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-08-25 12:16:34

I could never play it because my phone was not compatible. It was very frustrating.

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-08-25 12:18:02

At 8/25/19 12:16 PM, dogedro wrote: I could never play it because my phone was not compatible. It was very frustrating.

I never played it because it looked stupid.

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-08-25 15:42:15

Everyone hates this game because of how popular it was, but honestly I thought it was pretty good. It was fun to explore around trying to find a Pokemon and I liked how casual it was so that literally anyone could play. I think I had the most fun when a place had an event for it, like how my local park had a Pokemon GO event and they had vendors selling Pokemon stuff and they played "geek culture" music with the bells. It's pretty fun as a casual social game to play when you're going somewhere, not necessarily meant to be something competitive or skill-based and definitely not something to grind on. I get why that turns some people off, but I definitely like it more then some recent video game trends.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-08-25 20:02:08

I liked the concept, as a mobile game developer I hate it because they got to use a very special API for google maps that now thanks to the way corporations work only a very select few company can use.

keep getting clients who want to make a Pokémon go style game but can’t really because that API is only for the 1% of game devs to make 80% of all the profit on the mobile market

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-08-26 18:04:59

Had potential, failed miserably. I haveny played it since the initial release and craze. They should have made it similar to the core pokemon games battle wise and player interaction.

Tempus Edax Rerum

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-08-27 00:06:52

At 8/26/19 06:04 PM, Gimel wrote: Had potential, failed miserably. I haveny played it since the initial release and craze. They should have made it similar to the core pokemon games battle wise and player interaction.

I play it and it's really big where I live. Groups of 40 people will walk around and do events with each other.

One day I had a 60 some year old woman ask me if I was playing Pokemon and if I wanted to wait a couple of minutes a bunch of her friends were coming. They ended up being people of all ages and backgrounds.

They have trainer battles now, raids, gyms, trading, and team rocket encounters. It's taking a step in the right direction with every update.

I'll probably play it for quite awhile.

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-08-27 10:04:55

i didnt have a phone at the time and when i did the game was essentially dead and even then i never was interested in the concept even though the idea of the game is fucking genius if you think about it takes the addictive and social aspects of mobile gaming and adds pokemon which people love

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-08 08:04:29

The game itself was pretty terrible in it's first state. I don't know how it is know but some people have told me it's been improved. Not because I'm going to find out because I quit it for good. But what I did enjoy was the social interactions with strangers and the summer it released did create some good memories for me personally. It was honestly very nice to be able to have some commonalty with other people and be able to joke around with them.

I wouldn't say I made any new friends though. But it was nice as long as it lasted.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-08 10:55:47

At 9/5/19 01:57 PM, JosephStarr wrote:
At 8/24/19 08:34 PM, Chdonga wrote: I held on until they implemented a battle mode and it turned out the battle system was hot garbage and they didn't have PvP (yet?). The battle system in Pokemon Masters looks kinda fun but I still would've preferred the mainline games' battle system over weird quasi-realtime fuckery.
Hadn't they been making Pokemon games for 20 years when that was released?
Yeah, I checked. 1996-2016. Pokemon Red was first right?
How did they screw up the battle system after making them for that long?

It's like working in a factory for 20 years, and then all of a sudden you're bolting the rear bumpers where the dashboard should be. You'd think they could do that right in their sleep by now.

Pokemon Go was made by Niantic not The Pokemon Company. Two completely seperate companies.

Fuckin' bunch of people talking like they know shit when they clearly don't.

"Oh my god, how could they fuck it up, what idiots" - Says the idiots that don't know shit about who makes Pokemon.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-08 22:59:57

you HATE pokemon? sounds personal, because your issue seems to be with everything around pokemon go and not the game itself.

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-13 15:46:41

At 8/25/19 03:42 PM, DavidCassidy wrote: Everyone hates this game because of how popular it was, but honestly I thought it was pretty good. It was fun to explore around trying to find a Pokemon and I liked how casual it was so that literally anyone could play. I think I had the most fun when a place had an event for it, like how my local park had a Pokemon GO event and they had vendors selling Pokemon stuff and they played "geek culture" music with the bells. It's pretty fun as a casual social game to play when you're going somewhere, not necessarily meant to be something competitive or skill-based and definitely not something to grind on. I get why that turns some people off, but I definitely like it more then some recent video game trends.

Yep, I still play, level 38. I enjoy the updated features they've brought to the game like @Fro mentioned. I wish there was a way to see when your friends were online so we could battle, and it would be cool if you could trade with your best friends even when they're far away. But so far, the new updates and generations of pokemon that they've brought have been enough to keep me playing.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-13 16:02:11

At 9/13/19 03:46 PM, Kiwi wrote:
At 8/25/19 03:42 PM, DavidCassidy wrote: Everyone hates this game because of how popular it was, but honestly I thought it was pretty good. It was fun to explore around trying to find a Pokemon and I liked how casual it was so that literally anyone could play. I think I had the most fun when a place had an event for it, like how my local park had a Pokemon GO event and they had vendors selling Pokemon stuff and they played "geek culture" music with the bells. It's pretty fun as a casual social game to play when you're going somewhere, not necessarily meant to be something competitive or skill-based and definitely not something to grind on. I get why that turns some people off, but I definitely like it more then some recent video game trends.
Yep, I still play, level 38. I enjoy the updated features they've brought to the game like @Fro mentioned. I wish there was a way to see when your friends were online so we could battle, and it would be cool if you could trade with your best friends even when they're far away. But so far, the new updates and generations of pokemon that they've brought have been enough to keep me playing.

Which reminds me, if we ever become lucky friends let's make sure to set up a time to trade pokemon. Or if you ever get an extra Moltres. I think Moltres, Mr. Mime, and Kangaskhan are the only original pokemon that I need to have the first section of my pokedex complete.

I hatched a Farfetch'd from the latest event and am hoping to get the Mr. Mime and Kangaskan before it's over as well. I'll have to walk extra every day...

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-13 17:06:24

At 9/13/19 04:02 PM, Fro wrote:
Which reminds me, if we ever become lucky friends let's make sure to set up a time to trade pokemon. Or if you ever get an extra Moltres. I think Moltres, Mr. Mime, and Kangaskhan are the only original pokemon that I need to have the first section of my pokedex complete.

I hatched a Farfetch'd from the latest event and am hoping to get the Mr. Mime and Kangaskan before it's over as well. I'll have to walk extra every day...

I have a Kangaskhan you can have, and if I hatch another Mr. Mime you can have it, and if I get another Moltres!

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-13 17:42:38

It really got lots of people outside, thats awesome. You cant really recreate the hype of that first summer. I never really played it. I saw a big group of people outside this year playing it though, which was pretty cool.

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-15 23:48:50

Aight, I've got an extra Mr. Mime that I've named Fro, just for you.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-16 23:51:03

I thought the game was fine and I played for a bit. I already played Niantic's other game, Ingress so I already knew where all of the pokestops and gyms were right off the bat. in fact there are a handful of portals I had submitted and were accepted for Ingress that wound up being pokestops and gyms.

I had gotten pretty into Ingress and joined some of the Google+ groups for it and even made a couple of friends. Pokemon Go was just too many people all at once. Some smart fellers (or fart smellers?) had submitted a butt ton of Ingress portals int he town cemetery so guess where all the pokestops wound up? I saw lines of cars driving through the cemetery 5 or 10 cars long lines crawling through people playing the game. I thought it was a bit creepy but also a little neat because at least people were visiting and doing something fun outside (at least some of them) and they may have remarked on some interesting burial plots or possibly re-found a nearly forgotten family member's plot.

But it was a battery hog and I didn't have as much time to just cruise around flinging pokeballs. I felt like Ingress had a better early battle type thing - you weren't going against individual players you were going against portals that had defenses so you would farm xp by walking around and get items off portals, build your own portals up and then link them together. there was a lot of collaboration in Ingress to get higher level portals and build large MU control fields. I was in FL for a time and I recall a field being built from Miami to Orlando to the Bahamas. that was pretty cool.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-17 05:32:52

At 9/13/19 05:42 PM, Boss wrote: It really got lots of people outside, thats awesome. You cant really recreate the hype of that first summer. I never really played it. I saw a big group of people outside this year playing it though, which was pretty cool.

came here to say this. the game got people up and moving, getting together, exploring their town. there was a joke that was close to the truth during the game's peak - that pokemon was doing more to solve America's obesity crisis than anything else. too bad it faded away

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-17 11:42:26

At 9/15/19 11:48 PM, Kiwi wrote:

Is there anything you needed in return? I may still get one before the event is over so we'll see. I've got a couple of Kangaskan's during the event, but I'm starting to hatch some stupid stuff like Smoochum and Meowth.

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-17 19:30:24

At 9/17/19 11:42 AM, Fro wrote:

Is there anything you needed in return? I may still get one before the event is over so we'll see. I've got a couple of Kangaskan's during the event, but I'm starting to hatch some stupid stuff like Smoochum and Meowth.

I only need 2 more from the Johto region, and I'm hoping to find them in Florida, Corsola and Heracross. I also need 10 more from the Hoenn region and 13 more Sinnoh.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-18 07:09:33

At 8/23/19 01:50 AM, FelixZophar wrote: Back when everybody used to play Pokémon go it was really annoying. I mean everyone at school had their phones out and played Pokémon go. It was major addicting. Of course I didn’t play it because I hate Pokémon and i felt playing it would just be a waste of time.

I was pretty mad that there was no battling pokemon/trainers to level your pokemon... you just had to keep catching shit and turn them into candies.... it was fucking stupid.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-19 09:41:46

I never disliked it for being popular. I use to tag along with friends to go to their gyms or hatcheries or whatever they call them. I also liked the fact that people of all ages got into it.

However, personally, I found it to be a terribly boring game.

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-20 11:50:32

At 9/17/19 07:30 PM, Kiwi wrote:

I only need 2 more from the Johto region, and I'm hoping to find them in Florida, Corsola and Heracross. I also need 10 more from the Hoenn region and 13 more Sinnoh.

If I remember my log in from my other account I should have a shit ton of Corsola and Heracross from the times that I visited Florida.

I'll set up a time to get that Mr. Mime from you on this account though. What are the Hoenn and Sinnoh ones you need. Maybe I have an extra.

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-25 12:33:02 (edited 2019-09-25 12:34:03)

It was more that no one who would played it would ever shut up about the fact that they were playing it. Fine, play your game, but it doesn't have to be the subject of every convo or the only reason to go on walks or hang around places. It just felt like it was a 24/7 thing for the people that did it, rather than just another addicting mobile game you do every now and then. Just a whole other level

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-26 14:07:06

At 9/20/19 11:50 AM, Fro wrote:

If I remember my log in from my other account I should have a shit ton of Corsola and Heracross from the times that I visited Florida.

I'll set up a time to get that Mr. Mime from you on this account though. What are the Hoenn and Sinnoh ones you need. Maybe I have an extra.

Here you go, color coded and everything. 😆

iu_57666_5867179.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Pokémon go sucked 2019-09-26 14:14:46

At 9/26/19 02:07 PM, Kiwi wrote:
At 9/20/19 11:50 AM, Fro wrote:

Here you go, color coded and everything. 😆

I have an extra Regirock and Deoxys (one of the forms). It'll be an expensive trade for stardust with those two. I forget how much, but I think mythical/legendary cost like 150,000 star dust.

I also have an extra hippopotas, but it's awfully weak CP. (84)