00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

How do I use the NG Player?

72,550 Views | 75 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How do I use the NG Player? 2019-08-08 14:44:49

Please help!

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■) I'll be back.

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2019-08-08 15:29:16

First you will want to download the Newgrounds Flash Player from this page here. After that's installed, go to any video or game that uses Flash Player on the site and click Launch In Newgrounds Player.

Here is a quick click to a game that uses the player.

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be on Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2019-08-09 10:45:20

For me it keep asking me to download adobe flash player

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2019-08-13 02:47:43

At 8/9/19 10:45 AM, Warbinger wrote: For me it keep asking me to download adobe flash player

Same here, even though I already installed Flash it keeps asking me to install it.

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2019-08-13 14:53:37

doesnt work for me either - asks me for a url or someothershit to put in the field, and I can't find it on the webpage (via: view page info) because it didn't load it... vicious circle lol

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2019-08-14 23:03:06

@stickyfigyguy

@Warbinger

@agent0000007

@VicariousE

I also just remembered that it requires Windows 7 or better. Can all of you confirm that you have Windows 7 or newer so I can eliminate that as an issue?

do u guys have the secret old abode flashe player version.

http://divergecreations.com/ng/install_flash_player_32_active_x.msi

if this is top secret please delete all my psots and send a ukranian murder scquad to silence me.

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Win7 Pro 64 bit, latest version Firefox 64 bit, likely some security shit idk... have yet to try it offline w/ already archived swf files

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-07-12 13:54:04

At 8/8/19 03:29 PM, Gage wrote: First you will want to download the Newgrounds Flash Player from this page here. After that's installed, go to any video or game that uses Flash Player on the site and click Launch In Newgrounds Player.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/

There's nothing saying "Launch in Newgrounds Player"

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-07-13 10:17:07

At 7/12/20 01:54 PM, Yingol wrote:
At 8/8/19 03:29 PM, Gage wrote: First you will want to download the Newgrounds Flash Player from this page here. After that's installed, go to any video or game that uses Flash Player on the site and click Launch In Newgrounds Player.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/
There's nothing saying "Launch in Newgrounds Player"

This one uses Ruffle now.

Come to the dark side, we have cookies.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-07-21 14:33:43

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/59593

it didn't work....

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-07-21 16:09:34

At 7/21/20 02:33 PM, Derekzulu wrote:

it didn't work....

Alien Hominid runs on Ruffle now so it's not a very good example to test if the launcher works. Here are some other games that you could test that on

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be on Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-07-21 20:01:38

At 7/21/20 02:33 PM, Derekzulu wrote:

it didn't work....

Do you have this option enabled in your Account Settings?

iu_146281_6108109.png

Failure at not procrastinating made this post possible.

(awesome pixel gorilla by BigBossErndog)

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-08-13 15:45:35

For me, NG Player has been working fine, but on some games I get a popup asking me if I "want to allow ____ to store information on your computer", and I can't get rid of it once it pops up, essentially making the game unplayable. It's very frustrating to have it work fine up to that point and then it won't even let me play the actual game after all. Anyone know how to fix this?

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-08-13 16:42:25

At 8/13/20 03:45 PM, eithmableura12 wrote: For me, NG Player has been working fine, but on some games I get a popup asking me if I "want to allow ____ to store information on your computer", and I can't get rid of it once it pops up, essentially making the game unplayable. It's very frustrating to have it work fine up to that point and then it won't even let me play the actual game after all. Anyone know how to fix this?

Do you have an example of a game that does that?

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-08-28 13:40:48

At 8/13/20 04:42 PM, cyangorilla wrote:
At 8/13/20 03:45 PM, eithmableura12 wrote: For me, NG Player has been working fine, but on some games I get a popup asking me if I "want to allow ____ to store information on your computer", and I can't get rid of it once it pops up, essentially making the game unplayable. It's very frustrating to have it work fine up to that point and then it won't even let me play the actual game after all. Anyone know how to fix this?

I guess I'll use The Awakening RPG as an example. It works fine up until I win the first battle, then it does this:iu_161481_3331617.png

And I can't click on anything or progress from there. It might be a really simple issue, but I legitimately don't know how to fix it.

At 8/28/20 01:40 PM, eithmableura12 wrote:
I guess I'll use The Awakening RPG as an example. It works fine up until I win the first battle, then it does this:
And I can't click on anything or progress from there. It might be a really simple issue, but I legitimately don't know how to fix it.

Ok, I don't have that issue and I think I've found out why:

Right Click on the window and go to Global Settings

iu_161858_6108109.jpg

You have two choices here:

1---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Allow sites to save information on this computer" will remove the prompt completely but will open you up for stuff you might not want.

iu_161857_6108109.png

2---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ask me before...." will ask you, but if you can't select any options you can go to "Local storage settings by site" and allow it manually.

iu_161859_6108109.png

iu_161860_6108109.png

Cheers!

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-09-02 09:58:21

At 8/29/20 02:46 PM, cyangorilla wrote:
I guess I'll use The Awakening RPG as an example. It works fine up until I win the first battle, then it does this:
Ok, I don't have that issue and I think I've found out why:

Right Click on the window and go to Global Settings

You have two choices here:

1---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Allow sites to save information on this computer" will remove the prompt completely but will open you up for stuff you might not want.

2---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ask me before...." will ask you, but if you can't select any options you can go to "Local storage settings by site" and allow it manually.

Cheers!

Okay, I've tried messing around with those settings and it still doesn't work for me. Maybe it's my computer?

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-09-02 12:15:15

At 9/2/20 09:58 AM, eithmableura12 wrote: Okay, I've tried messing around with those settings and it still doesn't work for me. Maybe it's my computer?

That's strange. I would probably uninstall both the NG player and Flash Player (in case you have the two installed separately) and install the NG player again.

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-09-03 11:18:55

Same here

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-10-15 18:26:28

At 9/2/20 12:15 PM, cyangorilla wrote:
At 9/2/20 09:58 AM, eithmableura12 wrote: Okay, I've tried messing around with those settings and it still doesn't work for me. Maybe it's my computer?
That's strange. I would probably uninstall both the NG player and Flash Player (in case you have the two installed separately) and install the NG player again.

Question: can I not keep the Flash Player and the NG Player at the same time? I have some swf files that I use the Flash Player for, but if it's interfering with the NG Player, then that might be a problem because I don't want to have to lose access to those swfs. :\

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-10-19 14:18:13

At 10/15/20 06:26 PM, eithmableura12 wrote:
Question: can I not keep the Flash Player and the NG Player at the same time? I have some swf files that I use the Flash Player for, but if it's interfering with the NG Player, then that might be a problem because I don't want to have to lose access to those swfs. :\

You can always use the NG Player for Flash. The NG player IS a Flash Player with a couple options on top.

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-10-19 14:24:16

At 10/19/20 02:18 PM, cyangorilla wrote:
At 10/15/20 06:26 PM, eithmableura12 wrote:
You can always use the NG Player for Flash. The NG player IS a Flash Player with a couple options on top.

Ohhh, okay! Thanks :)

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-11-11 13:46:47

The 'Launch in Newgrounds Player' button no longer seems to be existent anymore? How would I still be able to launch flash games?

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-11-12 11:44:04

At 11/11/20 01:46 PM, TheTruSon wrote: The 'Launch in Newgrounds Player' button no longer seems to be existent anymore? How would I still be able to launch flash games?

1. Have you enabled "Use NG Player for flash" in your account settings?
  2. If so, could you point to a specific game where it won't show?

Come to the dark side, we have cookies.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

At 11/12/20 11:44 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 11/11/20 01:46 PM, TheTruSon wrote: The 'Launch in Newgrounds Player' button no longer seems to be existent anymore? How would I still be able to launch flash games?

I have it enabled, but it doesn't show for any game I look through, I did a bunch for about 10 minutes

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-12-07 20:42:50

I found the solution to this problem (I was having it as well). After a few hours of digging, I finally realized what was causing it.

The solution: https://imgur.com/FZM3M8X

My resolution scale was set to 125% (Recommended), after changing it to 100%, I was able to click on the buttons.

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-12-08 10:54:44

At 12/7/20 08:42 PM, YouGotHitByGunner wrote:
I found the solution to this problem (I was having it as well). After a few hours of digging, I finally realized what was causing it.

My resolution scale was set to 125% (Recommended), after changing it to 100%, I was able to click on the buttons.

Good old Windows, the source of most of the problems with PCs.

Glad to see you figured it out!

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-12-14 01:19:16

At 12/7/20 08:42 PM, YouGotHitByGunner wrote:

My Win10 PC on FireFox is set to 100%, I have hte downloader and even managed to have it work previously (when I first downloaded it) but the option to play in the player doesn't appear anymore, even on the same game that I played before (FreeWebArcade, tested on Battle of Lemolad, link here http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/battle-of-lemolad/)

Someone else suggested deleting the original flash player and reinstall the NG player, should I try that?

It seems that some games I've tried to play with the player don't have the 'launch in Newgrounds Player' button at all.