00:00
00:00

Newgrounds Player problems

1,561 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Newgrounds Player problems 2019-07-30 01:32:26

I've installed the Newgrounds Player, but can't use it - it keeps asking for Adobe Flash plugin, I've tried to install it (although it's already installed) but it keeps asking. I've tried installing different versions of Adobe Flash (NPAPI, PPAPI, ActiveX), but the result is the same, so I can't use Newgrounds Player. What am I doing wrong?

"Please don't tap on the glass. Penguins can see and hear you alright. They just don't care."

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-07-30 07:03:26

I can't even install it; when I try to, it says that another installation is already in progress, so I can't do so.

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-07-31 01:40:10

Okay, my bad. Seems like my pc required an "ActiveX" version of flash player, I've tried re-installing it and everything worked...

"Please don't tap on the glass. Penguins can see and hear you alright. They just don't care."

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-08-05 12:07:18

You guys are lucky, It's just a white screen for me.

iu_43925_6980197.jpg

RISE UP - me 2k19

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-08-05 17:13:30

At 8/5/19 12:07 PM, javeynavey wrote: You guys are lucky, It's just a white screen for me.

Usually I get a White screen myself, however it just takes a little bit to fully load. I hope this issue gets fixed later as it would load the load screen quicker.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-08-06 06:14:31

At 7/31/19 01:40 AM, RemileOduen wrote: Okay, my bad. Seems like my pc required an "ActiveX" version of flash player, I've tried re-installing it and everything worked...

But how do I re-install the Active-X version of the Flash Player on Windows 10, especially since they claim it's already pre-installed?

And if it's pre-installed, why am I always asked whether to allow Flash once when I used to be asked if I want to always allow Flash to run?

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-08-06 06:15:08

At 8/5/19 12:07 PM, javeynavey wrote: You guys are lucky, It's just a white screen for me.

I have the same problem.

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-08-06 06:15:42

At 7/30/19 01:32 AM, RemileOduen wrote: I've installed the Newgrounds Player, but can't use it - it keeps asking for Adobe Flash plugin, I've tried to install it (although it's already installed) but it keeps asking. I've tried installing different versions of Adobe Flash (NPAPI, PPAPI, ActiveX), but the result is the same, so I can't use Newgrounds Player. What am I doing wrong?

I hear you and that's not fair either.

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-08-06 14:27:16

I am having the same issue, but no one has gotten back to me? How can we use this player when it doesn't work and has no troubleshoot?

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-08-13 16:39:13

lol for me its a black screen. does the player even work?

"Being a pimple on NewGrounds' ass since 2018."

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-08-14 02:01:58

I get the same "requires plugins" prompt whenever i boot up a game, despite reinstalling flash plugins multiple timesiu_46797_5032077.jpg

At 8/14/19 02:01 AM, Sergebear wrote: I get the same "requires plugins" prompt whenever i boot up a game, despite reinstalling flash plugins multiple times

None of the above worked for me, despite cleanly uninstalling, updating the NG player, uninstalling flash, installing a specified windows 7, chromium version. I'm with you on this.

It seems their help section is completely unprepared for the flood of technical issues. I hope they can resolve this eventually, but for the time-being, I will no longer use Newgrounds.

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-08-14 22:16:54

At 8/14/19 10:06 PM, NewGrounder221 wrote:
At 8/14/19 02:01 AM, Sergebear wrote: I get the same "requires plugins" prompt whenever i boot up a game, despite reinstalling flash plugins multiple times
None of the above worked for me, despite cleanly uninstalling, updating the NG player, uninstalling flash, installing a specified windows 7, chromium version. I'm with you on this.

It seems their help section is completely unprepared for the flood of technical issues. I hope they can resolve this eventually, but for the time-being, I will no longer use Newgrounds.

Its literally brand new. Theres no help section on it because its literally being put in deployment for the first time. Whenever a new product is put it it goes through the same growing pains. We are the population and troubleshooters who will eventually shape and figure out the problems. Without this initial hiccup there would be no succes.

Also mine works completely fine. I don't know what it is that I'm doing different or what my machine is doing different than everyone else's, but I havent had a single problem with it yet.

Please give as much information you can. Computer, operating system, browser, browser version, etc... Etc..

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-08-14 22:42:58

At 8/13/19 04:39 PM, octodraws wrote:

I've been able to use it on the Firefox browser, though it also moves more slowly.

At 8/14/19 10:16 PM, Fro wrote:
At 8/14/19 10:06 PM, NewGrounder221 wrote:

Its literally brand new. Theres no help section on it because its literally being put in deployment for the first time. Whenever a new product is put it it goes through the same growing pains. We are the population and troubleshooters who will eventually shape and figure out the problems. Without this initial hiccup there would be no succes.

Also mine works completely fine. I don't know what it is that I'm doing different or what my machine is doing different than everyone else's, but I havent had a single problem with it yet.

Please give as much information you can. Computer, operating system, browser, browser version, etc... Etc..

Windows 7, Chrome, not really sure what else to put or where to get info

Same thing happens to me! No one has still gotten back to me yet on how to fix this!!!

I am using Windows 7 on Firefox. I have a flash player installed and it's working fine everywhere except this site. :(

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-08-17 15:03:26

At 8/14/19 10:42 PM, TheCajunPhoenix wrote:
At 8/13/19 04:39 PM, octodraws wrote:
I've been able to use it on the Firefox browser, though it also moves more slowly.

For me it launches an application on my desktop That isn't on a browser, Maybe tom made it into a plugin. TY for the info.

RISE UP - me 2k19

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-08-26 18:05:54

I have the same problem.

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-08-28 00:33:25

I actually fixed the problem with the player, but I had to go from windows 7 to windows 10 to fix the issue. Now it works for me after updating the operating system to windows 10.

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-08-28 14:41:04

To continue this thread perhaps... This does not happen with most games, but with others...

1) It does not load certain assets,

2) When this happens, the player is more unstable and has a tendency to crash. Sometimes, it doesn't, but most of the time, when this happens, it does.

The game I was playing on it when it happened was Cursed Treasure 2 by @IriySoft, and I don't recall this game actually having had a problem when played with in-browser Flash.

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-09-04 22:19:25

I found a strange bug that crashes the newgrounds player if you hit the "Enter" key on the computer. Had problems playing the Doom triple pack due to that so I had to play it using the old flash plugin,

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-09-04 23:00:24

At 9/4/19 10:19 PM, dogedro wrote: I found a strange bug that crashes the newgrounds player if you hit the "Enter" key on the computer. Had problems playing the Doom triple pack due to that so I had to play it using the old flash plugin,

That one they found already!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-09-07 11:00:25

Problem of a different kind for once: NG Player doesn't appear to save my game progress.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-09-07 12:23:14

At 9/7/19 11:00 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: Problem of a different kind for once: NG Player doesn't appear to save my game progress.

Update: Seems to happen with some games and not with others. I haven't found a pattern yet.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-09-08 00:21:10

same problem here. ive made sure flash is activated (idk why i need flash if newgrounds player is supposed to replace it), ive made sure adblock is off, yet no games that use newgrounds player will launch. i dont even get an error message. the play button just does nothing. i was able to play any game on the site prior to newgrounds player coming out, and now any game that uses it is completely inaccessible. did they test this at all??? or are they just rolling it out and making like half their total games unplayable all of a sudden?

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-09-11 03:26:07

Yeah, same here. I've tried installing, uninstalling, etc. and no dice. Do we know what specs are being used by those it IS working for?

I draw.

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-09-16 11:40:20

At 9/4/19 11:00 PM, Fro wrote:
At 9/4/19 10:19 PM, dogedro wrote: I found a strange bug that crashes the newgrounds player if you hit the "Enter" key on the computer. Had problems playing the Doom triple pack due to that so I had to play it using the old flash plugin,
That one they found already!

How's the progress with the newgrounds player "Enter" key bug? The issue still exists, making "Battle for Gondor" literally impossible to play, as it is impossible to access the first level without this key.

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-09-28 17:35:09

i have the same problem

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-10-10 12:54:57

"Issues on the fullscreen"

Has anyone has a issue of using full screen on that same player?

I tried to use fullscreen few times, when it's activated, it would glitch out.

Because I used a Jurassic computer, the graphics of the screen went ugly. Which may causing some problems. Unless I abort the NG Player.

--------------------------------------------------------

Other issues that I found out is not just the player itself, but rather the flash game that I played offline.

I found that there's no V-Cam in Madness Project Nexus, which causing the cutscenes and gameplays may look weird when I maximized the windows.

Some flash games may won't work offline.

Response to Newgrounds Player problems 2019-10-22 20:12:58

I'm also having the problem/bug with the Enter key. Every game that I tried, that requires that key at some point, is absolutely unplayable, since the whole NG player freezes at the moment I press it, forcing me to close it via right-click, because even the window itself won't respond anymore. Usually the game's music keeps playing, dunno if that's helpful in any way.

I also encountered a few games that didn't load and just offered a white screen, which were most of the escape games by @selfdeviant. Since I last tried playing them, I came across the Doom triple pack, which required me to download flashplayer 10 (although I already had a more recent version downloaded). So I did it, in hopes it would work, and it did, I was able to play Doom. The other 2 games there require the use of the Enter key again, so I still can't play those. But now with that flashplayer 10 downloaded, the escape games by selfdeviant work again, like they used to in the old flash times.

So in other words, downgrading my flashplayer disposed of the white screen bug (at least for the escape games, don't know about other games that I encountered so far with that problem).

It's no real solution, but to those who also get the white screen, try playing the Doom triple pack, download whatever version of flash it links you to, and try again, maybe it works.

Now I'm still concerned about the enter key bug, because it is very annoying since I want to get into the sites highscore list, which will be much harder if missing out on like 1/3 of all games.

I have windows 7, 64 bit, 2 GB CPU. Hopefully some expert will find a connection between the flash version, the PC specs and the NG player and come up with a solution for everyone.

(By the way, this is my first forum post ever, so if I did anything wrong - please be kind. Thanks in advance c: )