00:00
00:00

NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round

9,034 Views | 487 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 00:07:02

Welcome to the Newgrounds Underdogs’ Audio Contest Knock-out Round 2019! :D If you want some background on why the NGUAC is so awesome, click HERE.

What’s a Knock-out Round?

The next stage of this 3-stage competition! Half of the original competitors from each group were accepted into the Knock-out Round, rounded up according to group membership and then rounded up again if there were ties. The new group membership totals may be unequal as a result of ties, rounding, and disqualifications.

Speaking of disqualifications, we’re officially dismissing @DatRealWrona, who submitted a collaboration as his tryout piece despite entering the competition as a solo artist.

So...what now?

The remaining competitors have until Sunday, August 4th at 11:59 pm EDT to submit a completely original track (i.e., made from scratch for the competition) to this thread. You couldn't have started working on this piece until NOW, as per the rules. If we find evidence of you having done so, you will be automatically disqualified. Please read all of the rules if you haven’t already.

There will be NO remixes, re-makes, mash-ups, covers, arrangements, or anything like that for this round. Your piece really has to be COMPLETELY original. It’s a good idea to clearly state what you used to make your track - which sounds are from VSTs/plugins, which ones you recorded yourself, and which ones are from downloaded sample libraries. NO COPYRIGHTED SAMPLES ARE ALLOWED. If you don’t know where a sample originates from, please don’t use it. This copyright policy is also clarified in the NG Audio Portal guidelines.

The strongest competitors from each group will be announced by Monday, August 1st. Then, those people will face each other in an epic finale!

Hmm...I didn’t get a very good score. I should probably PM Tom Fulp to complain.

NO! The judges (@Bosa, @Cheshyre, @Everratic, @Jacob, @Midimachine, @Samulis, @SplatterDash, and myself) worked really hard to deliver these scores on time, so please be patient and respectful with them. If you didn't make it into this round, there’s no need to throw a fit in the thread. Simply PM your respective judges if you have any questions or concerns, making sure to keep your tone friendly and not accusing. Your judge(s) might even be willing to leave you some reviews with specific feedback if you request it. 

SO WHERE ARE THE RESULTS?

The results will be posted in a separate forum post in a couple of minutes. After that, the specific scores given by each judge will also be released publicly in the thread.

Congratulations to all of the competitors for their hard work. I’m always extremely excited by the new talent that I discover just by judging this contest, and my favorites list has exploded over the past couple of weeks. That said, the toughest part of the competition is upon us! You may now begin working on your Knock-out Round tracks, everyone. Good luck!

"Reflect on your evils, lest they reflect on you." ~A Magic card lol --- Formerly "TheDoor6"

BBS Signature

For the sake of transparency, here’s a list of competitors who DID NOT make it to the next round. Better luck next time, guys! 

@Catpocalypse @ImminentDeath @Lettiece @DarkTrojanGames @DaSkyz129 @Jmassie2281 @No1seFactory @AriothXerril @BBouthillette @Feandesign @Rosemthornz @ackai @CitricLight @Kinupsi @ShuffleHorse @SleyGD @SunnySideUpMusic @Weebleawooble @PanBat @QruintroX @SpockMusic @CorvonHLordhaze @EternityBash

@Immitis @SoftBoiled @Curruff @IndexatioN @Young-Kingler @djRemedy @forger343 @Sp3edoMeter @BladeFlame5308 @Cofu66 @legodarthbatman @NNmusic @Walpang @ErmDJVit @GameDevWannabe @Jeffbeard @Aecis @Elisione @Joe-Mega @Calculati @Sedram @Kyuki @LPSounds @AceTAD @AnosmiaInsomnia @Robertonewgrounds @ChonoTute @SheerForce @DepthDeath @WILDCARDMUSIC @Samarama @EverythingYouWish @Yoshiii343 @Dawphin @EdKempeper @CzySzy @Pitbulljones @ValentInsanity @Zophar

@CamicalMusic @TardisPeanutMusic @JordanKyser @Krahs @Ti-on-suxandrox @Razorrekker @ColeBob @Burn7

@BeltHagor @HJfod @Ryzmik @X3LL3N @HagiuKover @Finnsfolks @AlienNinjaGD @DJ-LuigiSound2 @AlphaStorm73 @Scuinox @ZeroDigitZ @farfenwaffle @EtK @Nyctophilia @TheDoubleOne @Dowon @GearWax @BeeFef @DenisPelmenev @SkullPioneer @NeighbourhoodVandal @Svenzo @Iviqrr @Sykozealot @Qvarcos @HighBallers @Kyrowo @Athanatos @Shpoons @DesoFreelanceRecords @CyroNG @Feywer96 @DjCrystalux

@Mutty99 @WaterLemonMusic @Bipolarmunkey @IMPKing6 @Fuckoffasshole @8LayneTech8 @MRM3 @Bulrogthesorcerer @SargeantJohnson @TheFantasticZ @thenoodge @Ardakio2 @GentWalrus @Sercati @001247

@ArcaneMusic @DaveSlayer @RutraOfficiel @Moreweed @Williamarch @FruityCookieOfficial @Equinaga

@LordJabeebus @FlyingKittyz @MisterMonroe @JY2000 @SI-7 @ClockbeatAdelony87 @Asserter @Budjohnson

@Frankpresents @Csucskos @DigitalBluez @Ambivalentinquire @MajorMusic @djn3utral123r @AsgoreD @Aleksander91 @SkuttenGamerGD @JasLand @Hexsixth @pawles22 @reddyfu @ElderlyKite @71011-NINJER

@ColorsCrimsonTears @GobBageEata @kddametrius20 @QuibbyQuibble @LovelaceOfficial @Aracnofobia

@GALICROSS @Arkinefed @Vitxer @GriffinLancer @DanTheCoolGuy @Nail @DjGrahnstetto @johnnyq1233

@DistortedVortex @calicrazedbeats @CreeperX3sssBOOM @Scrotaculous

"Reflect on your evils, lest they reflect on you." ~A Magic card lol --- Formerly "TheDoor6"

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 00:12:50

FULL SCORES - Underdogs, 1/2iu_41248_4268414.png

BBS Signature

Underdogs, 2/2

iu_41249_4268414.png

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 00:14:01

FULL SCORES, Professional Amateurs, 1/2

iu_41250_4268414.png

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 00:14:19

Pro Amateurs, 2/2

iu_41251_4268414.png

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 00:14:39

FULL SCORES, Above Average Joes

iu_41252_4268414.png

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 00:14:56

FULL SCORES, All-Stars

iu_41253_4268414.png

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 00:30:05

Ah, I didn't pass.

Oh well. Best of luck to all of you that got through!

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 00:32:28

At 7/22/19 12:10 AM, TaintedLogic wrote: For the sake of transparency, here’s a list of competitors who DID NOT make it to the next round. Better luck next time, guys! 

Aw man

Im not surprised though, considering how many participants there were and how Ive still got a lot to learn.

Good luck for those who made it to the next round! Ill be looking forward for the next round's submissions :3

Heh, not surprised that I'm out, it looks to be more of a techno contest, judging from the majority of submissions. Still, it was fun to participate.

Anyway, I have a last question that interests me - how important was the survey for the scores?

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 01:02:46

At 7/22/19 12:59 AM, fuckoffasshole wrote: Anyway, I have a last question that interests me - how important was the survey for the scores?

I think you're thinking of the NGADM. I didn't do a survey for this one. Better luck next year, man!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 01:13:33

At 7/22/19 12:59 AM, fuckoffasshole wrote: Heh, not surprised that I'm out, it looks to be more of a techno contest, judging from the majority of submissions. Still, it was fun to participate.

this guy is @TheBetterAudioPortal 2.0

p.s. i am gay

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 01:14:14

At 7/22/19 01:02 AM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 7/22/19 12:59 AM, fuckoffasshole wrote: Anyway, I have a last question that interests me - how important was the survey for the scores?
I think you're thinking of the NGADM. I didn't do a survey for this one. Better luck next year, man!

shiiiit, you're right. I forgot about this one completely. How foolish of me

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 01:29:13

Glad to be in! Listened to a lot of other great tracks and looking forward to picking up some tricks this year!

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 01:42:54

At 7/22/19 01:39 AM, ARealGhost wrote: Wait, what does this mean??

It means yer in, mate! Double check the rules, and get cracking on your next submission.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 01:44:04

At 7/22/19 01:42 AM, Jacob wrote:
At 7/22/19 01:39 AM, ARealGhost wrote: Wait, what does this mean??
It means yer in, mate! Double check the rules, and get cracking on your next submission.

Thank you so much!!!

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 01:58:48

Oh wow, I made it in? Well, guess it's time to get to work. Good luck everyone!

It's a hobby.

BBS Signature

So...I regret to say, but I may be screwed out of the competition at this point. This weekend, the computer I use to compose, along with all of my vsts finally gave out, and I have nothing to compose with at the moment. I technically have something I could submit that I finished right before the laptop died, though I’m aware this would be against the established rules. Since my new system won’t come in until after the 4th...I think I am unable to continue on...

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 02:06:33

Didn't expect to totally mess up with that piece.

Sinalright, let's get onto the next track 😉

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 02:15:33

Knew it was coming 🤷‍♂️

BBS Signature

Damn. Better luck next time.

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 02:27:02

Really happy with how I placed. I'm excited to keep competing. So best of luck to everyone moving on!

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-07-22 02:51:07

Wow! I need to thank judges for really great amount of points:) Didn't expected that.

But now I have question about contest.

I don't really understand this -

"So...what now?

The remaining competitors have until Sunday, August 4th at 11:59 pm EDT to submit a completely original track (i.e., made from scratch for the competition) to this thread. You couldn't have started working on this piece until NOW, as per the rules. If we find evidence of you having done so, you will be automatically disqualified. Please read all of the rules if you haven’t already."

"The strongest competitors from each group will be announced by Monday, August 1st. Then, those people will face each other in an epic finale!"

Now we have to create new track and post it before August 4th.

So how strongest competitors can be announced before August 1st ?