00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Books are for bundles of sticks

448 Views | 22 Replies

There is this common thought that people who read books are smart or wise. I'd like to adress this phenomenon by sharing my expertise on the subject with you.

There's one thing I realised in my career. See, I never read books when I was a child, because I couldn't read. I learned to read when I was 23. And I don't mean I wasn't taught to pick a book and read - I just couldn't fucking spell and didn't know the letters. Eventually I learned the alphabet at 23 years of age. And at that age I was mature enough to see what difference to life reading introduces.

So I picked a book and I started reading it. I read fast and I usually read a lot in one go. So I have time to delve into a book. And at some point in my life I was heavily struggling with homosexuality. I took the medicine but it hardly ever helped. In that phase of my life I have noticed I was eager to abandon whatever I was doing so I could grab a book and stop thinking about my pathetic life. So that was the exact moment when I discovered that reading is not for smart or wise people - books are a tool of escape for people who are struggling with homosexuality.

So if you read books don't get on a fucking high horse and don't pretend like you're some sage or a hero, you just have small dick and can't cope with your student loan.

Discuss

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-18 05:07:26

Don't sweat it. We're all gay here.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-18 05:08:49

At 7/18/19 03:53 AM, Makakaov wrote: I took the medicine but it hardly ever helped.

What is this "medicine" you speak of?

iu_40457_394292.gif

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-18 08:23:13

I came here with the intent to reply but that was too much to read.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-18 08:35:54

At 7/18/19 08:27 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote:
At 7/18/19 08:23 AM, RoboSeven wrote: I came here with the intent to reply but that was too much to read.

: you just have small dick and can't cope with your student loan.

No, following the OP's logic, that would mean RoboSeven is not a faggot.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-18 08:41:45

At 7/18/19 03:53 AM, Makakaov wrote: I learned to read when I was 23.

Lmao you can read? What a fucking nerd. Imagine being able to read.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-18 08:49:59

One time I read this book where a guy discovers an ancient civilization of natives in the midst of a huge party where they're all gangbanging the hell out of a woman until the heat & friction causes her melt. Then they use her ashes to flavor their coffee. The big Shyamalan tweest was that they were computer people dumping all their garbage data into a receptacle unit. Really makes you think?

Big big think?

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-18 09:12:08

At 7/18/19 05:07 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: Don't sweat it. We're all gay here.

Can confirm, I am gay.

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-18 10:49:48

Talking about reading... I have a test in less than two weeks and I should really be reading my notes. Instead, I'm here reading this thread.

English is not my first language, spanish is. Saludos desde Argentina.

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-18 10:59:17

Want to know what's gayer than reading? Writing.

Ha, we are all gay now. Look I'm funny too.

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-18 11:01:32

Gay and illiterate here

cc54ill

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-18 12:59:51

How can you get around with that big ass chip on your shoulder?

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-18 20:15:29

At 7/18/19 08:23 AM, RoboSeven wrote: I came here with the intent to reply but that was too much to read.

: you just have small dick and can't cope with your student loan.

I have the biggest dick here, it's 13 inches long, I JUST measured it.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-19 06:01:45

Like, every book is the Necronomicon to a tree...

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-19 07:40:07

At 7/18/19 05:08 AM, Painbringer wrote:
At 7/18/19 03:53 AM, Makakaov wrote: I took the medicine but it hardly ever helped.
What is this "medicine" you speak of?

I was trying all sorts of stuff from MDMA to LSD. Only shock therapy administered by dr. Pence cured me throughly.

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-19 09:46:49

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-19 10:20:29

At 7/19/19 09:30 AM, SithSeth wrote:
At 7/18/19 08:15 PM, RoboSeven wrote:
 you just have small dick and can't cope with your student loan.
I have the biggest dick here, it's 13 inches long, I JUST measured it.
But I thought you were female...
Robodildo?

Indeed

BBS Signature

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-19 11:03:05

At 7/19/19 09:30 AM, SithSeth wrote:
At 7/18/19 08:15 PM, RoboSeven wrote: I have the biggest dick here, it's 13 inches long, I JUST measured it.
But I thought you were female...
Robodildo?

NG Robos are constructed so as to pander to all sexual tastes.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-19 18:16:12

At 7/19/19 06:04 PM, JosephStarr wrote:
At 7/18/19 10:49 AM, Dovod wrote: Talking about reading... I have a test in less than two weeks and I should really be reading my notes. Instead, I'm here reading this thread.
Am I helping?
Please Lord, let this be the exact opposite of helping.

Yes, you did actually. I was distracted and because you brought that comment up again, I remembered that I had to study. Thanks!

English is not my first language, spanish is. Saludos desde Argentina.

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-19 18:21:06

At 7/18/19 03:53 AM, Makakaov wrote:
So if you read books don't get on a fucking high horse and don't pretend like you're some sage or a hero, you just have small dick and can't cope with your student loan.

Discuss

Lol, I read books because theyre the easiest way for me to retain information. The stories are kickass or the information valuable and I would take reading a book over a fucking YouTube video any day of the week.

Owning physical copies of things isnt what people do anymore, so I basically get boners from having something real in my hands as opposed to something digital.

*xin laugh*

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-19 18:26:21

I'm literally in the parking lot of a Barnes & Noble about to buy a book on carpentry for my own self-education right now.

probably gonna browse the manga section too, ohhhhhhhh~~~ yesssssss~~~

Quick reccomendations:

The Nix, Nightflyers, Brave New World, Dark Matter

My foreman gave me a book called "Dreamseller" about Brandon Novak (once professional prodigy pro-skater) and his heroin addiction. Super SUPER good read. I would have never known the vices of addiction before reading that.

*xin laugh*

Response to Books are for bundles of sticks 2019-07-20 06:42:54

At 7/19/19 06:26 PM, Xinxinix wrote: Quick reccomendations:
The Nix, Nightflyers, Brave New World, Dark Matter

Quick note to anyone wanting to read Brave New World: It is a dystopia, no matter what my sister says.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

At 7/19/19 06:21 PM, Xinxinix wrote: Owning physical copies of things isnt what people do anymore, so I basically get boners from having something real in my hands as opposed to something digital.

Printed text can't be altered like it's digital counterpart and so it's pretty redpill to store information in physical form, but we're not discussing that here.