00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

marbleheadzzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

1 Male needed for 3D horror project

679 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iu_40223_1649573.jpg

Hello,

My name is David, I go by "Suits N' Nukes" when releasing indie games online. My latest project is "Aquacreep (2019)" a remake of a 2D game of the same title and premise. In the game, which is heavily inspired by the 1982 John Carpenter film "The Thing", isolated ocean researchers are infiltrated by a shapeshifting alien and must find a way to kill it. You can see an early look at the project in these short clips:

Clip 1:

Clip 2:

The game is fully voice acted using the audio from the 2D version, but I am missing a part. The role of "TREVOR": 

iu_40224_1649573.png

I covered the role of Trevor in the 2D and even went ahead and re-recorded lines, but there's really no two ways around how bad the audio quality is. I'm also not a VA, but it's more the difference in quality that cannot be ignored. I'm looking for someone who can deliver a clear and convincing read for the character in the game. There are several encounters and this being one of the main characters there is a large amount of lines to do. To get a sense of how the conversation structure goes, take a look at this early testing clip:

CONVERSATION TRAILER

The conversation starts at the 1:20 mark. Basically the player can ask some questions and the npc's respond. there are 7 different encounters for this character including 2 additional longer dialogues with the player setting up world events.

The character Trevor is the head of security in the facility. He knows how to handle weapons, and is a driving component in killing the creature in terms of support, however he doesn't actually ever attack it with the player. Later in the game the paranoia eats away at the crew, and Trevor opts to alter his intentions from killing the creature to just outlasting it until rescue arrives. If the player kills an innocent, Trevor distrust them and becomes angry with the player.

Audition Line 1: "Oh hey Dean, back from the dive already? Guess you heard we're in for some rain, huh?"

Audition Line 2: "Somebody just got attacked by something. 'Who' and by 'what' isn't exactly clear as you can see from the video feed, but whoever it was got back up and shook it off like it was nothing."

The game is set to be entered in the GDWC, a game developing competition that is closing submission acceptance by September 30th, so the game needs to be done by then. Other than that I am open to working with anyone interested in terms of time it takes, the important thing is to get a good convincing take on the role with special attention payed to clarity of the audio. 

Anyone interested please send auditions to this email: suitsnnukes@gmail.com

Deadline is 1 week from now, 7-24-2019, Wednesday 

Thank you,

Suits

Response to 1 Male needed for 3D horror project 2019-07-24 08:52:57

Ok everyone, that's the deadline. I've made my decision and have EMAILED THE CHOSEN VOICE ACTOR. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAILS !!!

Thanks to everyone who supported the project by trying out, there were a number of pretty decent auditions that came in so it was a tight call, appreciate the efforts guys! Thanks again, thread closed :D