00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Come Make Xtra!! Dubstep Subgenre

778 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Come Make Xtra!! Dubstep Subgenre 2019-07-07 21:59:07

"This Song Screams Xtra!!"

Yeah Dj's, I challenge you to make this new subgenre... To make Xtra you must follow this four things:

* Dubstep rythm mixed with a freestyle (from 140bpm to 175bpm)

* Rock Guitar or Distor Instrument as the Main

* Wobbler or a Powerful Synth as the second

* And your touch (This can not be missing)

If you want know more of how sounds this genre, listen this 3 songs:

Ásum | Galaxy [Xtra]

Ásum | Road Z [Xtra]

AlieN | Energy [Xtra]

2nd example, with rock guitar.

3rd example, with distor main instrument.

1st example, with frestyle.

Remember enjoy!

Response to Come Make Xtra!! Dubstep Subgenre 2019-07-10 15:33:51

I like how dumbass try to be smart by ripping the old genres and call it new.

Response to Come Make Xtra!! Dubstep Subgenre 2019-07-10 15:38:58

Musicians don't often decide what genre something is, it's often the reviewers and listeners who ascribe a name to a genre organically.

Response to Come Make Xtra!! Dubstep Subgenre 2019-07-11 00:12:44

Thanks for commemt, but everytime exist a new way to do the things... The mision of this post is know how sound this "style" in the hints of other dj's...

Response to Come Make Xtra!! Dubstep Subgenre 2019-07-11 00:20:28

I know the conflict putting name to the things... Say me the real name of the "Xtra" and give to me a link of a song with that style... Isn't necessary be offensive...

Response to Come Make Xtra!! Dubstep Subgenre 2019-07-11 00:43:05

Let's not forget that 175 BPM isn't even dubstep. Dubstep is 140 BPM, although some newer styles are as high as 150. If you make dubstep at 175, you didn't make dubstep. That's drumstep, my guy.

"I'm not dabbing on my haters, I'm hiding my tears."

BBS Signature

Response to Come Make Xtra!! Dubstep Subgenre 2019-07-11 00:50:03

Very thanks for comment! I will solve it...

Response to Come Make Xtra!! Dubstep Subgenre 2019-07-11 01:02:14

Warning: Do exist confusiom with the 175BPM, because in this level the song have the velocity of the "Drumstep"... But, anyway, Xtra have the flexibility to go fast as the Drumstep being Dubstep... Thanks to @RoboDucki for help to clarificate...

If you want to know more of that flexibility listen F-777 - Dubstepah... Is so fast...

At 7/11/19 12:12 AM, DarkInRed wrote: Thanks for commemt, but everytime exist a new way to do the things... The mision of this post is know how sound this "style" in the hints of other dj's...

Thing is, it's already been done and there's no interest in giving it a separate name, especially among the better known creators. They've done these things and to them and their many listeners, it's dubstep. Orchestral perhaps, but it always bears that name.

You want a distorted or powerful synth lead in a dubstep song? Try Skrillex's and Utada Hikaru's "Face My Fears." No one needs to call that song anything other than dubstep.

If you want a new way of inventing a genre, then... I don't know, INVENT A NEW GENRE. The next decade is going to be ripe for genre-blenders to succeed, so work outside the known formula. Don't just rehash what's already been done and slap a name on it because, as music history shows, that's never how it works.

At 7/7/19 09:59 PM, DarkInRed wrote: "This Song Screams Xtra!!"
Yeah Dj's, I challenge you to make this new subgenre... To make Xtra you must follow this four things:
* Dubstep rythm mixed with a freestyle (from 140bpm to 175bpm)
* Rock Guitar or Distor Instrument as the Main
* Wobbler or a Powerful Synth as the second
* And your touch (This can not be missing)

If you want know more of how sounds this genre, listen this 3 songs:
Ásum | Galaxy [Xtra]
Ásum | Road Z [Xtra]
AlieN | Energy [Xtra]

2nd example, with rock guitar.
3rd example, with distor main instrument.
1st example, with frestyle.

Remember enjoy!

While something like this falls more into the "deathstep" genre (metal + dubstep put together), I'll be glad to put my spin on it one day :D

Your comment is so helpful, man... Thanks, and good luck...! If you make a great song, let me know...!

Response to Come Make Xtra!! Dubstep Subgenre 2019-11-19 17:31:14

I understand... Sorry about my ignorance... But, this "ochrestral dubstep" will be called "Xtra" in my creations... Thank you all! Specially, thanks... To Troisnyx

Response to Come Make Xtra!! Dubstep Subgenre 2019-11-25 02:45:36

Check out some dubstep https://smarturl.it/calicrazed