00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG supp = supporting (a) game(s) ?

182 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi there,

I'm wondering if supporting NG would also help a game I recently (1 week) discovered (& like).

This particular game (Zombidle > https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/671652 ) is using so-called video ads (a really small circuit - 7 games have been advertised so far, no vids but static images linked to 2010s classics like r2's Wartune or upjers Uptasia) that the player can accept or refuse to watch in exchange of a small amount of IG currencies or other IG bonus.

NG is advertising inside the game, assuring that no ads would be showed if the player is supporting NG.

Questions : if the game's studio is indeed gaining something, whatever it is, by showing external ads and if these ads were erased because the player is supporting NG,

1/ would Berzek (Zombidle dev studio) still gain something

2/ would the player still gain IG currencies or bonus

GL & HF o/

Response to NG supp = supporting (a) game(s) ? 2019-07-07 05:27:11

At 7/6/19 07:12 PM, loophoc wrote: 1/ would Berzek (Zombidle dev studio) still gain something

The long-term goal is to get enough supporters on board to pay content creators with supporter revenue. It is very long-term, but don't let that discourage you from joining up.

If I recall correctly, Zombidle gives NG supporters bonuses for free that for non-supporters require watching an advert.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to NG supp = supporting (a) game(s) ? 2019-07-09 12:10:04

At 7/7/19 05:27 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 7/6/19 07:12 PM, loophoc wrote: 1/ would Berzek (Zombidle dev studio) still gain something
The long-term goal is to get enough supporters on board to pay content creators with supporter revenue. It is very long-term, but don't let that discourage you from joining up.

If I recall correctly, Zombidle gives NG supporters bonuses for free that for non-supporters require watching an advert.

Thank you for this detailed and kind answer.