00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Accidentally voting on my own works

1,164 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This has been a bit of a problem for me, especially when using the mobile version of Newgrounds.

I would just be scrolling down the page on my music to check out reviews and things of that nature, but as I'm scrolling down with my thumb just sliding across the screen not even tapping anything, it somehow picks up the little voting bar and it registers me as rating my own song as 0 stars, totally destroying song's ratings. Yeah, I could just change it to 5 stars, but the damage was already done as I practically rated on my own work.

Call it a mistake on my part, but I only ask of you to try this out for yourself on your own phone and see if it is also happening to you.

There should be an option in the settings that disables the ability to add a rating on my own submissions. I could imagine several people having a problem with this as well.

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1442303

Same exact topic, same page of the forum.

Also, it doesn't ruin your rating. If you were the only one to vote on your submission and you voted 0, your score would be 0. If you changed it to 5 it would eliminate the 0 vote and you would have a score of 5. If it was the 2nd vote on your submission, with person A voting a 4 and you voting a 0 your score would be a 2, if you changed yours to a 5 the score would go to 4.5.

It completely erases the first vote and changes it to whatever you change it to.

In the topic that I link to I comment on why I don't think it's a big deal, but different people have different opinions about it. I also can't replicate any accidentally vote how many times I try. I sat there and tried hundreds of times scrolling on audio and never managed to accidentally vote.

@TomFulp

Quite a few complaints about this recently. Anything in the works about it?

Response to Accidentally voting on my own works 2019-07-05 17:53:45

@TomFulp

Quite a few complaints about this recently. Anything in the works about it?

Nevermind. I saw your post in the supporter forum just now about brainstorming about it. The thread that I linked to in this has some decent ideas.

Response to Accidentally voting on my own works 2019-07-12 20:03:34

At 7/5/19 04:07 PM, Zip-Zap-Official wrote: This has been a bit of a problem for me, especially when using the mobile version of Newgrounds.

I would just be scrolling down the page on my music to check out reviews and things of that nature, but as I'm scrolling down with my thumb just sliding across the screen not even tapping anything, it somehow picks up the little voting bar and it registers me as rating my own song as 0 stars, totally destroying song's ratings. Yeah, I could just change it to 5 stars, but the damage was already done as I practically rated on my own work.

Call it a mistake on my part, but I only ask of you to try this out for yourself on your own phone and see if it is also happening to you.

There should be an option in the settings that disables the ability to add a rating on my own submissions. I could imagine several people having a problem with this as well.

I don't understand how you do this, but anyhow, just re-vote whatever you feel you want to vote and don't worry about it. Many authors here vote on their own material- some always 5 it, others vote whatever they think it is worth. I do the latter. I don't see why you shouldn't- especially if you normally vote on many submissions you see.

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature