00:00
00:00

My Friend Pedro Art Contest

9,711 Views | 38 Replies
Respond to this Topic

@DeadToast released My Friend Pedro on Steam and Switch this week and to celebrate, we’re hosting a fan art contest!

My Friend Pedro is a violent ballet about friendship, imagination and one man's struggle to obliterate anyone in his path at the behest of a sentient banana. It started as a web game in 2014 but you’ll definitely want to play this new version!

It has a cool animated trailer:

But the gameplay itself is something you gotta see:

To participate in our art contest, simply make some art based on My Friend Pedro, upload it to the Art Portal and tag it with “my-friend-pedro” so we don’t miss it.

The deadline is Monday, July 8th. Ten favorites will be hand-picked by @DeadToast and will receive Steam keys for My Friend Pedro.

If you missed it, our Gato Roboto Fan Art winners were announced on Tuesday.

The Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch audition phase opened this week and already has over 100 applicants! There will be no lack of cool music this summer and I’ll be adding personal favorites to my monthly playlists, like my June Playlist that is still in progress. You can create and manage your own playlists by using the Add to Playlist button on individual song pages:

iu_34999_1.png

To add to the fun this weekend, we're offering Triple XP on Saturday and Sunday. This means you can vote on at least 15 items each day and gain 30XP per day. Your votes help a lot to unearth the best content all around Newgrounds. Happy hunting!

iu_35000_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-21 14:29:46

At 6/21/19 02:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: @DeadToast released My Friend Pedro on Steam and Switch this week and to celebrate, we’re hosting a fan art contest!

My Friend Pedro is a violent ballet about friendship, imagination and one man's struggle to obliterate anyone in his path at the behest of a sentient banana. It started as a web game in 2014 but you’ll definitely want to play this new version!

To participate in our art contest, simply make some art based on My Friend Pedro, upload it to the Art Portal and tag it with “my-friend-pedro” so we don’t miss it.

The deadline is Monday, July 8th. Ten favorites will be hand-picked by @DeadToast and will receive Steam keys for My Friend Pedro.

The Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch audition phase opened this week and already has over 100 applicants! There will be no lack of cool music this summer and I’ll be adding personal favorites to my monthly playlists, like my June Playlist that is still in progress. You can create and manage your own playlists by using the Add to Playlist button on individual song pages:

To add to the fun this weekend, we're offering Triple XP on Saturday and Sunday. This means you can vote on at least 15 items each day and gain 30XP per day. Your votes help a lot to unearth the best content all around Newgrounds. Happy hunting!

@TomFulp Oh yeah, I saw a My Friend Pedro E3 Trailer.

I'm working on something?

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-21 14:53:56

I need to get into video games more

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-21 14:55:46

At 6/21/19 02:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: @DeadToast released My Friend Pedro on Steam and Switch this week and to celebrate, we’re hosting a fan art contest!

I'm on it

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-21 14:56:05

Nice, might make something for this if I can find the time

Yare Yare Daze...

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-21 14:56:35

lol

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-21 15:46:51

I've been keepin an eye on My Friend Pedro for a while, cool to see it finally come out. Also even cooler to see it has roots on NG. I'll probably not participate in the contest but I'll probably buy the game on Steam at some point heheheh

Also I gotta listen to more music on NG and make my own monthly playlists. I've been doin that on Spotify and it's been cool

RIP STATICSKULL NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-21 15:51:55

At 6/21/19 03:46 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: I've been keepin an eye on My Friend Pedro for a while, cool to see it finally come out. Also even cooler to see it has roots on NG. I'll probably not participate in the contest but I'll probably buy the game on Steam at some point heheheh

I think it was originally made for the Adult Swim website or something, but I'm pretty sure that site didn't (I think they took down their browser games section :() have the arena version that's on NG.

Also I gotta listen to more music on NG and make my own monthly playlists. I've been doin that on Spotify and it's been cool

I listen to like 0 music on NG lol. I know I should do it more but it's just so hard finding worthwhile things in the sea of 1-vote 5.00 scores.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-21 15:54:50

At 6/21/19 03:51 PM, TheRoboTrickster wrote:
At 6/21/19 03:46 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: I've been keepin an eye on My Friend Pedro for a while, cool to see it finally come out. Also even cooler to see it has roots on NG. I'll probably not participate in the contest but I'll probably buy the game on Steam at some point heheheh
I think it was originally made for the Adult Swim website or something, but I'm pretty sure that site didn't (I think they took down their browser games section :() have the arena version that's on NG.

I listen to like 0 music on NG lol. I know I should do it more but it's just so hard finding worthwhile things in the sea of 1-vote 5.00 scores.

Trickster listen to my music I actually am the only person who makes music on this website

RIP STATICSKULL NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-21 16:30:17

Nice! Thanks for taking my suggestion (even though you thought of it first)! Is DeadToast marketting this on his social media? Also, I'll try to get in on this triple EXP weekend.

Trickster out.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-21 16:40:51

Aw yeah midsummer weekend EXP greatness! Well-timed.

And that game looks pretty cool. Creatively crazy.

Check out the NRC / Hexa #54 (Jun)

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-21 17:50:48

I’m just gonna try the web version and then make some fan art for the contest

Commission me beacuse I'm broke as hell.

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-21 17:57:23

Are you guys serious?! I participated on the Gato Roboto one not so long ago and now this, another one of my highly anticipated games. I mean, I was actually already working on some fan art of this game so I might as well join. :p

This is great! ^ x ^)

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-21 21:24:26

2 game fanart contests that I love in a row? Sign me up once again.

been dumb since 2012, still continuing further.

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-22 00:41:48

Nice!! i already finished the game. really good and the story axtually sums up to something interesting. i am gonna love to see this art work. i layed the switch port which is just as good and has actual mappable controls and a good system for it too

a deep thinking fucko that thinks, known to try things but be too lazy to pursue them

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-22 00:43:17

At 6/21/19 05:50 PM, WonderSchwifty wrote: I’m just gonna try the web version and then make some fan art for the contest

could see why, why would you buy it if it is a possible prize. if you wanna walkthrough for it the radbrad is playing through it.

a deep thinking fucko that thinks, known to try things but be too lazy to pursue them

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-22 06:09:10

Holy crap that looks amazing. Geezus. It should be inspiring lol but, I don't think I'd ever be that good a game dev... :(

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-22 07:22:41

This looks amazing, and definitely has enough content for me to draw something.

Struggle a bit, and learn about yourself.

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-22 08:05:13

At 6/22/19 06:09 AM, Eggy wrote: Holy crap that looks amazing. Geezus. It should be inspiring lol but, I don't think I'd ever be that good a game dev... :(

Hey man, even DeadToast didn't start out that way. I mean, that's the polished version of the game. Have you seen the flash one? Still awesome, but far less complicated or sophisticated. Never give up! Hard work is necessary for getting better!

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-22 13:38:07

At 6/22/19 08:05 AM, TheReviewTrickster wrote:
At 6/22/19 06:09 AM, Eggy wrote: Holy crap that looks amazing. Geezus. It should be inspiring lol but, I don't think I'd ever be that good a game dev... :(
Hey man, even DeadToast didn't start out that way. I mean, that's the polished version of the game. Have you seen the flash one? Still awesome, but far less complicated or sophisticated. Never give up! Hard work is necessary for getting better!

also he got a publisher to help him with it. The credits show he wasn't the only person to work on it by a long shot

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-22 15:50:48

Damnnnn that intro animation is Stellar

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-22 20:35:10

You really don't want to see me draw something.

Play Sick Games: [1] [2] [3]

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-23 06:54:25

At 6/22/19 08:35 PM, TomatoSalad wrote: You really don't want to see me draw something.

Of course we do!!!

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-23 08:41:18

At 6/23/19 06:54 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 6/22/19 08:35 PM, TomatoSalad wrote: You really don't want to see me draw something.
Of course we do!!!

No, no you don't, it'd be awful!

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-23 17:15:48

At 6/23/19 08:41 AM, TomatoSalad wrote: No, no you don't, it'd be awful!

All the more entertaining. ;)

Plus art's all so subjective! Beauty's in the eye of the beholder and all that.

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-23 17:29:01

At 6/23/19 05:15 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 6/23/19 08:41 AM, TomatoSalad wrote: No, no you don't, it'd be awful!
All the more entertaining. ;)

Plus art's all so subjective! Beauty's in the eye of the beholder and all that.

You asked, so here it is.

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-23 19:22:06

At 6/23/19 05:29 PM, TomatoSalad wrote: You asked, so here it is.

//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/tomatosalad/a-pedro-no-one-wanted

You did it! Could've titled it "A Pedro only Cyberdevil Wanted". ;) Off to review then, feels like it's an obligation now...

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-23 20:14:56

At 6/21/19 02:29 PM, AngryDuck16 wrote:

I thought it was shown by the devolver digital confrance because E3 was a waste of money

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-24 15:11:22

At 6/23/19 08:14 PM, EvanDoThings wrote:
At 6/21/19 02:29 PM, AngryDuck16 wrote:

I thought it was shown by the devolver digital confrance because E3 was a waste of money

Yeah it was around the time of e3 so everyone,calls it e3 tho

BBS Signature

Response to My Friend Pedro Art Contest 2019-06-25 10:43:57

i don't play much video games anymore but this one looks cool. its like a side view postal 1.