00:00
00:00

NGADM 2019 Audition Stage

25,150 Views | 404 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iu_33966_2598730.jpg

What's a Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch?

This is a knockout competition that will pit some of the best artist on newgrounds against each other for the race to the top! Simply put, the goal is to reach one final winner.

The competitions starts NOW!

iu_33964_2598730.png

The thread for discussion may be found here: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1442562

Link to the NG Background made by @Troisnyx: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/troisnyx/ngadm-19-newgrounds-skin

Link to the NGADM Poster made by @Troisnyx: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/troisnyx/ngadm-19-10th-anniversary-edition

Link to the NGADM 2019 Playlist: https://www.newgrounds.com/playlists/view/14a4c132d9f7e805d160f20c782da95d

iu_33965_2598730.png

The audition round will last until July 17, 2019 at 10 p.m PST sharp. Any submission logged after this time will not be accepted.

iu_33967_2598730.png

The team decided to use the previous versions of the NGADM contest in the past to come up with the following format:

Audition Stage:

The audition stage will be for everyone who wants to enter into the competition. With the audition stage closing date of July 17, 2019, judges will decide on who will advance to the next stage.

Please be aware that artists of all skill levels are participating in this competition. If you do not advance to the next round, you are invited to participate in the audio forums for tips and advice on improvement for future competitions as well as any general advice for audio improvement as a musician.

During the audition stage, you are allowed to use a song you originally created from any time period prior to the closing date of July 17, 2019. The song submitted must follow all applicable newgrounds audio rules

You will not receive a review during this stage. Submission will only be scored.

After July 17, the primary judges will be scoring the submissions with deadline of July 31, 2019. If all scores are received early, then it may be possible for the next round to start sooner. Please keep an eye out for updates on the audio forum.

Group Stage:

Groups of four will be paired together and the highest scoring individual in the group will advance to the bracket stage.

During the group stage, if you are one of the 64 competitors then every song you post must be made from scratch in the 2-week period that you are given. Attempts to submit a song made outside of this period will automatically disqualify you from the competition. This also applies to any samples used in the song.

Those who do not advance will have their top scores compared to see who may serve as a back-up competitors in cases of disqualification or no-shows. We are calling the back-up competitors the fill-in pool. Top 12 scores of those who do not advance to the bracket stage will be placed in this pool.

The contestants will be placed on the Challonge grouping for better visualization of each group pairing.

You will not receive a review during this stage. Submission will only be scored.

Bracket Stage:

The top 16 people surviving the group stage will compete in a one-on-one single elimination bracket. In the final round, there will be a match between first and second place and a match between third and four place.

During the bracket stage, if you're one of the 16 remaining competitors, every song you post must be made from scratch in the 2-week period that you are given per round. Attempts to submit a song made outside of this period will automatically disqualify you from the competition. This also applies to samples used in the song.

You will receive a review during this stage.

Challonge will be utilized for a visual placement of each contestant during the group and bracket stage.

Fill-In Pool:

We encourage all competitors at this point to remain vigilant and ensure active participation as the judges will be actively observing who is participating in the competition. Failure to respond to the notification will lead to a back-up competitor to replace the no-show. Back-up contestants may replace disqualified individuals at any point during the competition, including top four.

The following applies:

• If you are a no-show, you will be placed in the fill-in pool.
  • If you are in the fill-in pool as a no-show, competitors from the fill-in pool will have a higher priority.
  • If you attempt to enter into fill-in pool as a no show for higher placement into a competition and a judge is notified of the attempt, you will be placed in disqualified status.
  • If you are disqualified, you are out of the competition entirely.

The fill-in pool is a new measure we are implementing this year as a result of many participants of previous year’s competitions not showing up, which can cause a lot of confusion from a judging perspective. This way, it allows the competition to run fluidly and gives some of the competitors a chance to fight their way back into the competition.

Judges reserve the right interview ANY contestant in the fill-in pool to observe compliance with any rules stated.

iu_33968_2598730.png

In the group and bracket stage, there will be a link to a form where you can select your choices who you think will advance and take the crown of this year's competition. Think your favorite artist will be on top this year? Make the correct predictions and you could potentially win a prize for yourself.

Predictions will be announced in the group and bracket stage. Users will click on the link and select their choices of who they will think will advance or win the competition.

BBS Signature

iu_33969_2598730.png

This thread is for submission ONLY! Please provide a link to your submission in this thread and your submission must be uploaded to Newgrounds. Your song will not be accepted for an entry if it is not uploaded on this site.

You are allowed to submit one song ONLY.

-

Remixes, covers and collaborations are not allowed. Everything you make must be 100% your own work, but the use of singers or voice actors is allowed.

-

Any genre of music is allowed. Remember, this competition is entirely dedicated to music, so voice acting, experimental noise, sound effects, and anything of the sort which can't be considered music is strictly prohibited. Acapella tracks do not fall under voice acting and are allowed.

-

For Collaborations:

Teams of two collaborators are allowed for this competition and you will be considered as a team for the entirety of the competition. Upon request, you and your teammate will have to show how you contributed toward the song in this competition. If you and your team member are unable to do so, you risk being disqualified from the competition.

More than two team members will not be allowed for this competition.

For Bands:

We are allowing for more than two people to be participating in a band for the competition. What this means is if you are creating your song LIVE, then you will be allowed to create a song with multiple people involved.

However, upon request, you may be required to provide proof that your song was created with all members involved. Failure to produce evidence will lead to disqualification of ALL members from the competition.

-

In accordance with past NGADMs, the following applies:

“If there's something you don't agree with, something you want to complain about or a flame war you want to start, leave it for PM's.”

If this isn’t complied with, a mod will be notified immediately, and your song will risk being disqualified from the competition. You have been warned.

-

“All Audio Portal rules apply (read this to learn more about what's good and what's not). Failure to comply with said rules will result in a disqualification and possibly even an audio ban. And yes, BBS rules apply too.”

Additionally, with usage of sample in submitted songs, the following applies:

“It's allowed if:

• The samples are not from a copyrighted source.
  • You have the right license terms / permission from the original author.
  • The samples are a minor part of your track.”

Please be careful when utilizing samples in your work during the audition or subsequent rounds. You will be notified if there are any issues with a submitted song.

It is highly recommended that you do not use samples.

-

“Like we always say, do NOT take the word 'deathmatch' literally”

iu_33970_2598730.png

The following are confirmed judges:

@Zelazon

@Spadezer

@MetalRenard

@TaintedLogic

@Jacob

@AliasPharow

Back-up Judges:

@JessieYun

@EtherealWinds

@Chron-amut

iu_33971_2598730.png

1st Place:

1st Place Trophy

1st Place Poster

$1000 Towards Multiple VSTs of Choice or DAW

$100 Newgrounds Credits

Interview with WillKMR

Versilian Studios Chamber Orchestra 2 Pro

Impact Sound Shreddage 3 Stratus

Impact Sound Super Audio Cart

5 Choice of Selected Games by I0TA and NinjaMuffin

2nd Place:

2nd Place Trophy

2nd Place Poster

$500 Towards Multiple VSTs of Choice or Daw

Interview with WillKMR

4 Choice of Selected Games by I0TA and NinjaMuffin

3rd Place:

3rd Place Trophy

3rd Place Poster

$250 Towards Multiple VSTs of Choice or Daw

Interview with WillKMR

3 Choice of Selected Games by I0TA and NinjaMuffin

4th Place:

2 Choice of Selected Games by I0TA and NinjaMuffin

Predictions (Highest Point Predictor):

1 Choice of Selected Game by I0TA and NinjaMuffin

@SplatterDash and @Etherealwinds will be compiling an NGADM 2019 album to include the top four in the contest. In addition, there may be a chance for other contestants to be included in the album. You will be notified if you have been selected to participate in the album.

Best of luck to you all and we look forward to seeing your submission!

@TomFulp @RealFaction @LunacyEcho @Echo @Step @F-777 @garlagan @bassfiddlejones @joshgawaldomusic @BrokenDeck @Breed @Pure-Metal-UTA @Morph94 @RobinDB @djInTheDark @Back-From-Purgatory @Buoy @SkyeWint @alternativesolution @Neon-Bard @headphoamz @midimachine @stunkel @Geoplex @johnfn @Artist-Lost @Rhunyc @Kuoke @PeterSatera @InvisibleObserver @camoshark @gadogry @SourJovis @Numi @Kor-Rune @ProudAardvark @Blackhole12 @Phonometrologist @UltraMX @LucidShadowDreamer @AeronMusic @MrSmash64 @Troisnyx @LunyAlex @PirateCrab @ZipZipper @SteamPianist @Bosa @JacobCadmus @Oakwood @1f1n1ty @Miyowophone @BlueOceans @Everatic @stardew @LICH @Random-Storykeeper @Jordan-Kyser @MegaSphere @Aydin-Jewelz123 @Radius @TenodoBoris @Uxvellda @Edict @WolfgangMiakoda @Shima33 @Hedrix @Fr34ksh0wW1ll0w @ClockbeatAdelony87 @DJ-Saidez @BALDORF @Teckmo-X @ambivalentinquire @SirQuebi @KingCringe @matzoball @mutty99 @AlphaStorm73 @I0TA @PirateCrab @MrSmash64 @RealFaction @TaintedLogic @djInTheDarky @bassfiddlejones @samulis @Turret1234 @JamesRennaMusic @Immitis @Aterr @Acid-Paradox @ADR3-N @AlienNinjaGD @Ashidoodle @BasiatordeCoronatus @CensorDodge @Coordidinate @Cyclop-s @DaVaP @djresset @doppler73 @DreamEater @eddielopez2012 @eyramusic @forger343 @frenzeon @hombremusica @houzatosis @@IXentimenTI @Jabun @JordanKyser @Lockyn @MacMelto @ManuelTacoface @Michael2369 @MikeVideoGamer @mizzjuicyflava @mrbadazz @Paranoidhumanoise @PredatorMusic @Tebrecat @Uxvellda @SourJovis @Spline-1337 @wobwobrob @Radius @ragnablaze @SevenChakras @SiegWin @SirQuebi @Skiddle @Suezo @TecmagDiams @TenodiBoris @Xanamei @xangru @xboxbob11 @zack27406 @Zophar

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM 2019 Audition Stage 2019-06-17 03:34:20

If I understood everything right link to the song should be placed here:

Here we go. Best of luck to all participants :3

Response to NGADM 2019 Audition Stage 2019-06-17 03:57:23

Alright! I’ve been waiting for this! Here’s the track I’d like to submit for the Deatmatch: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/868337

Best of luck to all other participants, and may the best one win

Sincerely, Wolfgang Miakoda.

As someone who has stopped making music due to being teased a lot in another website, I'm not gonna really participate. But here's my submission:

But warning, its made months ago, so its not really good... at all. Doesn't matter if this doesn't pass.

-:[ROBLESK]:-

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

You got dat?

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM 2019 Audition Stage 2019-06-17 09:31:48

Got it!

my submission!

good luck to other producers!

Response to NGADM 2019 Audition Stage 2019-06-17 09:58:39

This is my Audition Submission, best of luck to all :)

Response to NGADM 2019 Audition Stage 2019-06-17 10:34:58

Here is my entry for the audition stage. Looking forward to seeing the competition play out

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

We are a marvel...

Response to NGADM 2019 Audition Stage 2019-06-17 11:27:03

Aahhh!!!!!

First Time participatingggggg

best of luck to everyone!

This is my most popular track but idk about being my best

Response to NGADM 2019 Audition Stage 2019-06-17 12:08:10

Makes sense to audition with this seeing as I started the year with it!

If it doesn't fit the criteria can swap it out for another song I guess.

Want a review lemme know! Collab, remix, tips, whatever, just get in touch.

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM 2019 Audition Stage 2019-06-17 12:28:47

At 6/17/19 12:08 PM, Aydin-Jewelz123 wrote: Makes sense to audition with this seeing as I started the year with it!

//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/845692

If it doesn't fit the criteria can swap it out for another song I guess.

No remixes.

Post a different original song.

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM 2019 Audition Stage 2019-06-17 12:33:17

The stakes are so high this year! I'm gonna give it my all. Good luck everyone!

audio, because yes

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM 2019 Audition Stage 2019-06-17 13:15:47

My bad, weren't sure if the remix contest would count or not.

Here's one with all original content, no remix content or DBZ Vegeta screams.

Want a review lemme know! Collab, remix, tips, whatever, just get in touch.

BBS Signature