00:00
00:00

MWC19 - June - Mixed Perspectives

798 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

++ ENTRY THREAD ++

DO NOT DISCUSS THE CONTEST IN THIS THREAD. ALL QUESTIONS, CONCERNS AND COMMENTS GO IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Welcome to June 2019's Monthly Writing Contest: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - MWC19 - Mixed Perspectives - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The May competition is still up and running until June 10th 2019: Midnight EST. Please check it out for a chance to work with a team to get your submission animated.

• THEME:

Create a short story of any theme and then tell the same story from another person's perspective. I'll leave it pretty open, but it could be something like a conversation between two people where we get to see inside the head of each person individually or something more like Leon and Claire in Resident Evil where different events happen, but have influence on each other.

To make things clear I'm really looking for 2 short stories. The word count has been cut in down from the usual limit. The word count restrictions are per story, so you can have 2 x 2,500 word stories. Instead of thinking of the lower word count restrictions as a handicap, think of them as a challenge to tell the complete story over two perspectives.

I may be in a place financially to start paying out some prize money for next year. It wouldn't be a ton of money, but it may help bring more writers in.

• RESTRICTIONS:

1. Word Count Minimum: 500 (per story)
  2. Word Count Maximum: 2,500 (per story)
  3. You must have 2 stories.
  4. The stories must be about a different perspective of the same scenario or situation.
  5. Story must be submitted by the deadline below

• Deadline:

July 4th 2019: Midnight EST

• Prizes:

1st Place: Supporter Status

2nd Place: Supporter Status

3rd Place: Supporter Status

• SUBMITTING

1. Post your stories in this thread.
  2. Do not post revisions in this thread. They will be deleted.
  3. Only submit stories that you've written for this competition. I don't want stories that you've written in the past. The point is to write something new and to challenge yourself. If your story shows up as plagiarized (aka, found anywhere else on the internet, even if written by you) it will be disqualified.

• Judges:

1. Fro
  2. Anyone else want to judge this round with me?

Response to MWC19 - June - Mixed Perspectives 2019-06-07 18:50:14

At 5/31/19 12:10 PM, Fro wrote: ++ ENTRY THREAD ++

DO NOT DISCUSS THE CONTEST IN THIS THREAD. ALL QUESTIONS, CONCERNS AND COMMENTS GO IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Welcome to June 2019's Monthly Writing Contest: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - MWC19 - Mixed Perspectives - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The May competition is still up and running until June 10th 2019: Midnight EST. Please check it out for a chance to work with a team to get your submission animated.

Create a short story of any theme and then tell the same story from another person's perspective. I'll leave it pretty open, but it could be something like a conversation between two people where we get to see inside the head of each person individually or something more like Leon and Claire in Resident Evil where different events happen, but have influence on each other.

To make things clear I'm really looking for 2 short stories. The word count has been cut in down from the usual limit. The word count restrictions are per story, so you can have 2 x 2,500 word stories. Instead of thinking of the lower word count restrictions as a handicap, think of them as a challenge to tell the complete story over two perspectives.

--- To someone who's forte is 60 or 100 word stories, this is a HUGE amount. Maybe we could try 500 word or some other small size in the coming months.

I may be in a place financially to start paying out some prize money for next year. It wouldn't be a ton of money, but it may help bring more writers in.

--- It certainly might help for anyone who is already a supporter. However, Its a shame it should be you having to come up with it.

Can ANYONE think of some kind of sponsor for some kind of prize ???

Don't feel obliged to give a lot of money. Winning a whole ten pounds is still exciting !

July 4th 2019: Midnight EST

1st Place: Supporter Status
2nd Place: Supporter Status
3rd Place: Supporter Status

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to MWC19 - June - Mixed Perspectives 2019-06-07 18:51:21

Yep, I've got the idea, I just need the willpower to stay away from the F- Demon (Facebook) and get it written.

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature