00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KouteiFK just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ipad pro animation apps?

401 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ipad pro animation apps? 2019-05-31 07:29:31

I been fussing around with Procreate for some minor animations, but i'd like recommendations for something with a bit more substance. Anyone have favorite apps that are not too much of a headache to learn, pro's and cons would be nice too. I just got "RoughAnimator" and "Animation" but have given neither a test run just yet.

Response to Ipad pro animation apps? 2019-06-01 01:21:31

At 5/31/19 07:29 AM, NicciFett wrote: I been fussing around with Procreate for some minor animations, but i'd like recommendations for something with a bit more substance. Anyone have favorite apps that are not too much of a headache to learn, pro's and cons would be nice too. I just got "RoughAnimator" and "Animation" but have given neither a test run just yet.

I use toon boom on my computer and the duet app so I can animate using my iPad Pro

Response to Ipad pro animation apps? 2019-06-01 02:52:27

At 6/1/19 01:21 AM, Antizombieproduction wrote:
At 5/31/19 07:29 AM, NicciFett wrote: I been fussing around with Procreate for some minor animations, but i'd like recommendations for something with a bit more substance. Anyone have favorite apps that are not too much of a headache to learn, pro's and cons would be nice too. I just got "RoughAnimator" and "Animation" but have given neither a test run just yet.
I use toon boom on my computer and the duet app so I can animate using my iPad Pro

I have to look into this, I had no idea it was even possible. I own a 13hd wacom cintiq and was animating in flash, but the 13 hd is a bit clunky, and the wires are a nightmare, this is much lighter and more portable. Thank you for the suggestion.

Response to Ipad pro animation apps? 2019-06-01 10:59:46

I really like Roughanimator. It's basically like a mini flash on your ipad that's really good for doodles and sketching rough animations. Probably not good for finished work but haven't gotten too into it yet.

Response to Ipad pro animation apps? 2019-06-02 23:25:51

At 6/1/19 02:52 AM, NicciFett wrote:
I have to look into this, I had no idea it was even possible. I own a 13hd wacom cintiq and was animating in flash, but the 13 hd is a bit clunky, and the wires are a nightmare, this is much lighter and more portable. Thank you for the suggestion.

No problem hopefully it works out for you. What kind of animations have you done so far

Response to Ipad pro animation apps? 2019-06-03 08:22:04

At 6/2/19 11:25 PM, Antizombieproduction wrote:
At 6/1/19 02:52 AM, NicciFett wrote:
No problem hopefully it works out for you. What kind of animations have you done so far

My other animations were all done under a completely different alias that is not connected to me, but they were all flash, some for work some for fun. The recent stuff I been shoving onto my dead twitter and decomposing deviantart account.

Response to Ipad pro animation apps? 2019-06-03 08:22:39

At 6/1/19 10:59 AM, Miccool wrote: I really like Roughanimator. It's basically like a mini flash on your ipad that's really good for doodles and sketching rough animations. Probably not good for finished work but haven't gotten too into it yet.

i like the sound of that, the more familiar the better honestly.