00:00
00:00

Responding to News Posts

160 Views | 4 Replies

Hi. I just posted my very first news post on my profile. I'd like to know how long does it usually take for other users, including mods and staff, to respond to news posts?

I have a news post I would like the mods to look at and respond soon.

Please help- thank you.

Response to Responding to News Posts 2019-05-24 08:15:06

Mods (and everyone else for that matter) are not automatically compelled to view your news posts, or anyone else's news posts. You can't force people to view or comment on them (unless you add an '@' next to their username). If the post is interesting enough, then maybe you'll gain a comment or two.

Besides, if you don't have many followers, then the only way people can view said post is by clicking on your profile link, or going down to the General Users news section.

If you WANT to force specific users to look at your post, add an '@' before their username like this: @ngman7

You've happened upon a BBS post by ChazDude! Respond with a smiley face for infinite good luck!!! (Terms and conditions apply, only valid on the website of Newgrounds dot com)

BBS Signature

Response to Responding to News Posts 2019-05-24 09:30:52 (edited 2019-05-24 09:31:09)

Going to backseat mod a little here (will offer apologies to Fro and TOAS).

Your coming off as someone begging for attention. The constant threads which TOAS has done a really good outlining your problem is starting to be annoying. On top of that, when someone helps you and you don't like the answer (even though 100% true), you act they are picking on you.

Enjoy newgrounds. Have fun, contribute. Whatever. Ask all the questions you need to answer (preferably in minimum threads if you can). Just being an attention whore will turn people off and thus, have the negative result you aren't looking for.

just saying for future purposes, you'll find people will gravitate towards you if you don't come off as clingy or ignorant.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Responding to News Posts 2019-05-24 16:12:54

Congratulations on your first news post. Surely this will establish a pattern that we can expect from you as far as content goes.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Responding to News Posts 2019-06-02 18:36:15

Hello. I was waiting till I had the time to deal with this. NOW I can deal with it.

At 5/24/19 09:30 AM, kidray76 wrote: Going to backseat mod a little here (will offer apologies to Fro and TOAS).

Fro, RoboSeven, and TOAS were haranguing me about posting visual artwork, or any kind of artist works, on this site. TOAS was busting my chops over some of the threads I posted in this forum, asking about the functionality of this site. Why are you apologizing to them?

Your coming off as someone begging for attention. The constant threads which TOAS has done a really good outlining your problem is starting to be annoying.

Okay, what "problem"? This is the issue I had with TOAS. Look at these recent threads:

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1441991

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1441952

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1441950

The first and third links are to threads asking if one can post up to ten video links with thumbnails (whatever they are called) in posts in threads, as a Supporter. TOAS wouldn't answer the question appropriately- all he responded with was to "try it".

I am not spending any money ($2.99 or more) just to find out if I can post up to ten video links with thumbnails in posts in threads, as a Supporter.

I am not wasting money just to find this out.

This was a simple question asking about the functionality of this site. Why wouldn't TOAS answer this appropriately, or let me wait until someone else (a Supporter, any other mod, or any user who is not a Supporter) responded to my thread(s) to answer the question. What is the problem?

The middle link above is to a thread asking about monetization on this site. I do not know how that works. I have never seen anyone do that on this site anywhere. TOAS briefly mentioned I could make a news post stating I'm open for commmissions and set up rates, and he posted this link: https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/monetization. Okay. But he also responded with "Yes. You know this.I know you know this." and "You know that people use this site for monetization. You talk about it all the time in General."

These are LIES. Where have I ever mentioned that anywhere on this site in any forum? I have never claimed I know about monetization on this site. I have said repeatedly I am interested in showcasing my own toons and comics online in web video form, with the intention of capitalizing off of them. I am interested in learning how to properly do this. I don't know what TOAS is talking about.

As I said to TOAS, I have work to do, and business to take care of, when I am not on NG or anywhere online. I'll post some artwork, or voice clips, or writings, or whatever, when I have the time to do so.

People have certain responsibilities when they are not online. Things in their personal lives they need to deal with.

I did have ONE piece of artwork posted to my profile that a handful of other users have seen on this site, but I took it down.

TOAS made this claim in one of my recent threads: "(For the record, all other queries in this forum by other people are fine.)"

You, Kidray76, didn't have a problem with this thread:

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1441711