00:00
00:00

Asking About Other Flash Sites

102 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Asking About Other Flash Sites 2019-05-13 04:26:20

Hi. I am curious about this. Are we allowed to start threads asking about other Flash sites? Flash sites aside from Newgrounds?

Sites that feature Flash games and animations.

I think I recall trying to start threads asking about other Flash sites a couple of years ago in the BBS and I think my threads were deleted or locked, but I'm not sure.

There are other Flash sites besides Newgrounds. I wasn't trying to create any kind of upsets by starting threads like that. I was genuinely curious about other Flash sites when I started those threads.

Please help- thank you.

Response to Asking About Other Flash Sites 2019-05-13 05:56:37

I mean is it considered taboo to ask about other Flash sites? Sites similar to this one? Does Newgrounds consider these other sites to be rival sites?

I am curious about online communities similar to this one.

Response to Asking About Other Flash Sites 2019-05-13 13:51:23

At 5/13/19 04:26 AM, ngman7 wrote: Hi. I am curious about this. Are we allowed to start threads asking about other Flash sites? Flash sites aside from Newgrounds?

Sites that feature Flash games and animations.

I think I recall trying to start threads asking about other Flash sites a couple of years ago in the BBS and I think my threads were deleted or locked, but I'm not sure.

There are other Flash sites besides Newgrounds. I wasn't trying to create any kind of upsets by starting threads like that. I was genuinely curious about other Flash sites when I started those threads.

Please help- thank you.

for games - http://crazymonkeygames.com/

for video - i dont know

audio - spotify

art - i dont know

Asking community - reddit

Response to Asking About Other Flash Sites 2019-05-13 14:40:42

At 5/13/19 05:56 AM, ngman7 wrote: I mean is it considered taboo to ask about other Flash sites? Sites similar to this one? Does Newgrounds consider these other sites to be rival sites?

Nope. It depends on what you are asking or talking about. Newgrounds has affiliates/associates all over the place. Games sometimes are submitted to more than one website. Tom gracious enough to allow people to advertise on their userpage and signature.

However, for the BBS, just advertising another websites is against the rules unless there is a discussion to be held.

I honestly don't think NG has rival sites. Competing? absolutely, but this isn't facebook vs instagram lol.

Or yahoo vs google.........

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Asking About Other Flash Sites 2019-05-14 07:43:26

At 5/13/19 02:40 PM, kidray76 wrote:
At 5/13/19 05:56 AM, ngman7 wrote: I mean is it considered taboo to ask about other Flash sites? Sites similar to this one? Does Newgrounds consider these other sites to be rival sites?
Nope. It depends on what you are asking or talking about. Newgrounds has affiliates/associates all over the place. Games sometimes are submitted to more than one website. Tom gracious enough to allow people to advertise on their userpage and signature.

However, for the BBS, just advertising another websites is against the rules unless there is a discussion to be held.

I honestly don't think NG has rival sites. Competing? absolutely, but this isn't facebook vs instagram lol.

Or yahoo vs google.........

That's what I meant by rival sites- this site's competition. I would like to think there are other community sites out there like this one that showcase art, Flash animations, Flash games, and people's writings. At least one other one.

I would like to think there are artist/writer community sites out there like Deviantart.

I know Myspace has become a site solely reserved for artists and writers now.

I thought Facebook and Twitter were the "big two".

Yahoo competes with Google? I thought Bing was Google's main competitor.

Response to Asking About Other Flash Sites 2019-05-14 10:21:03

At 5/14/19 07:43 AM, ngman7 wrote:
At 5/13/19 02:40 PM, kidray76 wrote:
At 5/13/19 05:56 AM, ngman7 wrote:
That's what I meant by rival sites- this site's competition. I would like to think there are other community sites out there like this one that showcase art, Flash animations, Flash games, and people's writings. At least one other one.

I mean yeah, there are other sites. All sites compete for traffic, sorta speak. Just the way of the internet. Just rival a bit strong of an adjective IMO.

I would like to think there are artist/writer community sites out there like Deviantart.
I know Myspace has become a site solely reserved for artists and writers now.
I thought Facebook and Twitter were the "big two".

Yep, however those platform serve different purposes as well. Just comes with the territory.

Yahoo competes with Google? I thought Bing was Google's main competitor.

IDK, all search engines compete with each other. Bing, yahoo, ask jeeves, google, msn etc. Just google typically the top dog when you hear search engine.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature