00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Issues with Your Feed?

3,308 Views | 45 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-06 18:48:25

I too had the problem and messing with the filters solved it. Thank you @PsychoGoldfish and @GoodL

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-06 22:28:44

Thanks for the fix! I was anxious about this too.

I hope it gets fixed for real soon though. This temporary fix works for me, but not for anyone who doesn't want anything rated T xD

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-06 23:33:55

I don't know how but changing the rating to T actually worked!

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-06 23:57:05

been having the same problem. I dont really get into any content other the one, so it is a bit annoying. hopefully the fix will come soon.

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-07 00:16:11

At 5/6/19 11:40 AM, headacheshyguy wrote: I wanted to check the artists I follow, but it's empty. it's saying "There are no available events in this feed.". I'm not seeing anyone else talking about this and google isn't helping. I tried logging out and back in, but that didn't work

I guess it's good to know that other people are having the same problem, though, because now that we know it's a site-wide issue they'll be working on fixing it asap

woot

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-07 06:05:04

This isn't currently linked anywhere yet, but you guys can experiment with some of your broader filters here:

https://www.newgrounds.com/account/content-settings

The wording is as it currently stands wrong, but it'll give you an idea of some of what we want you to be able to control (at the moment, the art hub is the only place where all of this works consistently.)

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-07 09:13:07

I just noticed this issue last night and I'm still having it this morning

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-07 09:58:31

At 5/7/19 06:05 AM, liljim wrote: This isn't currently linked anywhere yet, but you guys can experiment with some of your broader filters here:

https://www.newgrounds.com/account/content-settings

The wording is as it currently stands wrong, but it'll give you an idea of some of what we want you to be able to control (at the moment, the art hub is the only place where all of this works consistently.)

well, that worked

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-07 11:56:06

At 5/6/19 11:40 AM, headacheshyguy wrote: I wanted to check the artists I follow, but it's empty. it's saying "There are no available events in this feed.". I'm not seeing anyone else talking about this and google isn't helping. I tried logging out and back in, but that didn't work

Sorry for the late response, I was at jury duty yesterday. Some updates rolled out with unintended side effects. There's a new global ratings setting that defaulted to just "E" for a lot of people and then some feed updates appeared to go live that did some filtering and forum posts were defaulted to "T" so they were getting blocked. A bunch of stuff is gradually getting fixed.

If you check out that global ratings list, you can also add blocked tags, which currently will only apply to Art Portal browsing but will be applying to every list we can as things get updated.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-07 13:26:04

I hope that with more people saying that this bug exist they gonna notice it faster

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-07 13:45:22

this is strange, this was happening starting yesterday

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-07 14:01:06 (edited 2019-05-07 14:03:06)

Ugh. Need a delete post feature.

Hmm

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-07 14:05:00 (edited 2019-05-07 14:05:10)

I pushed an update so you can toggle your content ratings from the main feed page. And if you end up with an empty notification list, it'll tell you your content filters may be the cause (with a link to update them). Should help with some of the confusion.

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-07 22:33:48

only blocking E rated content fixes my feed, re-enabling it makes it break again

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-05-07 22:50:31

At 5/6/19 04:59 PM, GoodL wrote: For anyone still having this issue, try going to any portal and changing your content filter settings to include "T" if it isn't already. That's what fixed it for me. Apparently it has something to do with a recent update that sets your filter settings to be global, and I guess it considers all posts to be "T"? Something to that effect. Give it a shot.

Edit: For the record, this fix came from @PsychoGoldfish - Don't give me any credit lol

You're the man, thanks a bundle. Turned on "T" and it fixed it all.

Response to Issues with Your Feed? 2019-06-03 16:17:39 (edited 2019-06-03 16:22:39)

I hate to necro this month-old thread and all, but I'm still having this issue. No possible permutation of turning settings on and off in any portal seems to make my favorite artist's art feed appear. Currently my settings are to have every rating visible in the movie, games, audio, and art portal, as well as my account settings. I can see things within those portals, and I can see my favorite artist's news, audio, games, and movies in my feed, just not art for some reason, and the problem persists across devices and web browsers. Are there any more ideas on how to fix this? Am I doing it wrong?

edit: I figured it out. Apparently a setting was applied here: https://www.newgrounds.com/social/settings/feed that turned everything off.