00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What do you think?

274 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What do you think? 2019-04-30 17:43:09

Hello i'm new to animating. i made this Gif and i was just wondering if anyone could give me some feedback.iu_22520_7410079.gif

Response to What do you think? 2019-04-30 22:17:57

At 4/30/19 05:43 PM, FantomPhrost wrote: Hello i'm new to animating. i made this Gif and i was just wondering if anyone could give me some feedback.

For being new to animation it's pretty good. The box looks very stiff when it's falling though, especially when it hits the ground. Try to make it more natural and less stiff looking. Maybe record a video of an actual box falling and animate from that.

Response to What do you think? 2019-05-01 01:57:03

At 4/30/19 10:17 PM, Creeoer wrote:
At 4/30/19 05:43 PM, FantomPhrost wrote: Hello i'm new to animating. i made this Gif and i was just wondering if anyone could give me some feedback.
For being new to animation it's pretty good. The box looks very stiff when it's falling though, especially when it hits the ground. Try to make it more natural and less stiff looking. Maybe record a video of an actual box falling and animate from that.

Well... its supposed to be a brick but im not very good at drawing. but ya i'll look at some videos and animate from that so it looks more natural and post it here when i'm done.

Thanks for the feedback!

Response to What do you think? 2019-05-03 21:02:41

For something like this

• keep ur background consistent from ur 1st frame to ur last.
  • when the brick is about to hit the floor there shld be more spacing between keyframes to visualize speed and a bit more less when its about to fall of the shelf.

quick poor example below

iu_23453_5700358.png

also learning to draw boxes in perspective will go along way in improving ur animations. just the basics as a starter for now

plus a short vid that might help principles

Response to What do you think? 2019-05-03 21:03:19

Overall for a first animation its really decent + great effort put.

Response to What do you think? 2019-05-04 01:16:18

At 5/3/19 09:02 PM, Akuaitance wrote: For something like this
quick poor example below

also learning to draw boxes in perspective will go along way in improving ur animations. just the basics as a starter for now

plus a short vid that might help principles

I'll try to add more spacing in the next one and keep the background more consistent but since i can't draw that well it'll be a challenge. Thanks for the feedback!