00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orafice13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games With Medals pages 2019-03-26 21:59:29

I see that recently (as in likely within the last 2 days or so) all links on the site to games with medals pages link to this

https://www.newgrounds.com/games/browse/feature/medals

Bad choice. There is the much superior games with medals link here https://www.newgrounds.com/gameswithmedals

Why is this other games with medals page better than the one chosen? Many reasons

1) As of time of this post you must go through 175 pages in the one chosen, but only 84 pages in the superior one.

2) The one chosen cuts off names of some games. The superior one displays the full game names.

3) The one chosen does not display further game information. The superior one also displays brief descriptions of games.

4) The one chosen has false games in it -- games listed which do not presently contain medals! The superior one only displays games which presently contain medals.

It used to be some links on the site pointed to the one chosen, while others pointed to the superior one. It should be obvious that, if either of the two is going to be chosen as official, it should be the superior one, and not that chosen.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Games With Medals pages 2019-03-28 10:40:21 (edited 2019-03-28 10:44:23)

I'm assuming they've chosen to hide the old one since it uses the old layout, does not seem to rely on elastic search (as I assume the new one does), and might eventually be replaced by the new one entirely...

I agree though. I like the old one too, and will probably keep using that one for as long as it remains (hopefully forever). The new one might look smoother but there's a simplicity with the other one that it lacks, too. Not so much menu clutter. And a grid as opposed to rows: never as easy if you want to surmise information in a way where you don't miss anything, yet can still easily skim things in mass.

Also: pagination.

But I understand the decision. Streamlining.

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature