00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Search suggestions 2019-03-21 18:25:37

Searching for "The" and "A" should be entirely optional, as it is with just about every single search on the Internet (except for the one Newgrounds has).

When I search for "attack of Dr. Evil" I get no results despite there is a game called "The attack of Dr.Evil" which if you search for it including "the" then and only then it shows up.

Correct behavior would be the words "the" and "a" and "an" being entirely optional and searches pulling up results whether you include those terms or not.

Also, and related to that but not the exact same issue, but search should pull up any individual word in the title as well. The is no reason that searching for "Dr. Evil" shouldn't pull up "The attack of Dr.Evil" in the search results, but it doesn't. When searching for titles you shouldn't need the entire exact name of the title (exact match) before it'll pull it in the search results, yet you do with many searches.

If I search for "invasion" it should pull up *all* games which have invasion anywhere in the game's name. When I search for "battle" it should pull up *all* games which have battle anywhere in the game's name. And so on.

So even without the implementing of making "the" "a" and "an" optional, there is still no reason a search for "attack of Dr. Evil" shouldn't have immediately pulled up "The attack of Dr.Evil". But as of my posting this it does not and you must search that name exactly.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here