00:00
00:00

Issue with Logging in

178 Views | 20 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Issue with Logging in 2019-03-11 22:57:05

So... I'm having an issue with logging in. I keep hitting the option to stay logged in but it does not keep me logged in. I have to keep logging in everytime I show up on the site because even though the "stay logged in" is selected, it's still kicking me when I leave the site.

I've tried fixing it, I've checked every cookie setting and temporary internet setting I can think of. And it's not just on one browser or computer. I've tried multiple browsers and multiple computers but it still doesn't work.

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-03-18 08:07:56

Have you tried clearing out earlier sessions? That's the one thing that comes to mind if you've already tried everything else...

Check out the NRC / Hexa #53 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-03-19 16:50:38

At 3/18/19 08:07 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Have you tried clearing out earlier sessions? That's the one thing that comes to mind if you've already tried everything else...

What do you mean "earlier sessions"? If you're talking about browsing history or cookies, yes, I already did that. That's the first thing I do with any issue since I know that's the first thing people are going to tell me to do.

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-03-19 17:37:05 (edited 2019-03-19 17:37:33)

At 3/19/19 04:50 PM, SS4FlameAlchemist wrote:
At 3/18/19 08:07 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Have you tried clearing out earlier sessions? That's the one thing that comes to mind if you've already tried everything else...
What do you mean "earlier sessions"? If you're talking about browsing history or cookies, yes, I already did that. That's the first thing I do with any issue since I know that's the first thing people are going to tell me to do.

No I mean sessions that might be active on the NG end, that are no longer on yours. On different devices, browsers, etc. You can see a list of them via the link above (it's under your account). Clearing the cache is a great first step, but I'm thinking maybe leftover sessions might somehow mess with the login process too.

Your active one (which you're using right now) isn't listed on that page, so unless you want to stay logged in on a specific device you can easily end all at once there.

BBS Signature

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-03-20 00:42:11

At 3/19/19 05:37 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/19/19 04:50 PM, SS4FlameAlchemist wrote:
No I mean sessions that might be active on the NG end, that are no longer on yours. On different devices, browsers, etc. You can see a list of them via the link above (it's under your account). Clearing the cache is a great first step, but I'm thinking maybe leftover sessions might somehow mess with the login process too.

Your active one (which you're using right now) isn't listed on that page, so unless you want to stay logged in on a specific device you can easily end all at once there.

So... I'll try ending them all and see what happens.

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-03-20 04:23:42

Which browser are you using? I've had this problem with Chrome a few times. Also, is your browser fully updated?

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-03-20 06:19:08

At 3/20/19 12:42 AM, SS4FlameAlchemist wrote: So... I'll try ending them all and see what happens.

Did it work...?

BBS Signature

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-03-20 21:44:41

At 3/20/19 06:19 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/20/19 12:42 AM, SS4FlameAlchemist wrote: So... I'll try ending them all and see what happens.
Did it work...?

So far I haven't had any issues. But sometimes this issue is intermittent.

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-03-20 21:45:05

At 3/20/19 04:23 AM, Oddlem wrote: Which browser are you using? I've had this problem with Chrome a few times. Also, is your browser fully updated?

I've tried Firefox and Chrome, both of which are fully updated on multiple machines.

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-03-21 06:03:26

At 3/20/19 09:44 PM, SS4FlameAlchemist wrote: So far I haven't had any issues. But sometimes this issue is intermittent.

Ah that's good to hear. :) For now at least. Hope it stays alright.

BBS Signature

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-04-03 23:28:05

I was signed out again on my desktop after deleting all other sessions. Also it only ever happens on the desktop. Hmm.

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-04-28 05:18:59

At 3/21/19 06:03 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/20/19 09:44 PM, SS4FlameAlchemist wrote: So far I haven't had any issues. But sometimes this issue is intermittent.
Ah that's good to hear. :) For now at least. Hope it stays alright.

So it just happened again. I was signed out after only being signed in for 2 days according to sessions history.

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-04-28 05:54:33 (edited 2019-04-28 05:54:55)

At 4/28/19 05:18 AM, SS4FlameAlchemist wrote: So it just happened again. I was signed out after only being signed in for 2 days according to sessions history.

First time since last time? Maybe these things have to do with changes to the site that also affect sessions, or Internet connection changes on your part? Then again I haven't been logged out in a few months at least, so probably not site-related... I mean: probably not related to changes there.

BBS Signature

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-04-28 18:28:32

At 4/28/19 05:54 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 4/28/19 05:18 AM, SS4FlameAlchemist wrote: So it just happened again. I was signed out after only being signed in for 2 days according to sessions history.
First time since last time? Maybe these things have to do with changes to the site that also affect sessions, or Internet connection changes on your part? Then again I haven't been logged out in a few months at least, so probably not site-related... I mean: probably not related to changes there.

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-04-28 18:31:21

At 4/28/19 05:54 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:

Nothing has changed in terms of internet. Everything is still the same as it was before. I've been doing what I've always been doing. But yeah, first time since I "fixed" the issue. Clearing out the sessions seemed to work for fixing the issue, at least for a while.

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-04-29 05:21:39

At 4/28/19 06:31 PM, SS4FlameAlchemist wrote: Nothing has changed in terms of internet. Everything is still the same as it was before. I've been doing what I've always been doing. But yeah, first time since I "fixed" the issue. Clearing out the sessions seemed to work for fixing the issue, at least for a while.

That's good to know at least. Have you maybe started a large amount of sessions since then? Maybe that's the thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-04-29 22:35:15

At 4/29/19 05:21 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 4/28/19 06:31 PM, SS4FlameAlchemist wrote: Nothing has changed in terms of internet. Everything is still the same as it was before. I've been doing what I've always been doing. But yeah, first time since I "fixed" the issue. Clearing out the sessions seemed to work for fixing the issue, at least for a while.
That's good to know at least. Have you maybe started a large amount of sessions since then? Maybe that's the thing.

When I went in, there are only two sessions. The one after this issue, and the one where I signed in a few days before the issue came back.

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-04-30 08:52:15 (edited 2019-04-30 08:52:47)

At 4/29/19 10:35 PM, SS4FlameAlchemist wrote: When I went in, there are only two sessions. The one after this issue, and the one where I signed in a few days before the issue came back.

Hmm, well, not sure what this could be then. Maybe it's a server firewall or similar... if it keeps occurring maybe staff should have a look at it. Getting logged out occasionally seems fairly common though. Hard to troubleshoot.

BBS Signature

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-04-30 21:14:45

At 4/30/19 08:52 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 4/29/19 10:35 PM, SS4FlameAlchemist wrote: When I went in, there are only two sessions. The one after this issue, and the one where I signed in a few days before the issue came back.
Hmm, well, not sure what this could be then. Maybe it's a server firewall or similar... if it keeps occurring maybe staff should have a look at it. Getting logged out occasionally seems fairly common though. Hard to troubleshoot.

I saw somewhere (I don't remember where) that it's supposed to keep you logged in for two weeks. Though that doesn't really seem constant.

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-05-01 04:47:32 (edited 2019-05-01 04:47:42)

At 4/30/19 09:14 PM, SS4FlameAlchemist wrote: I saw somewhere (I don't remember where) that it's supposed to keep you logged in for two weeks. Though that doesn't really seem constant.

Not sure that's official, considering I usually stay logged in far longer. Maybe another site? It'd be good security to still have some limit, I know a lot of places do, but not sure about NG. It's seemed to be indefinite, and that you occasionally get logged out for other reasons.

BBS Signature

Response to Issue with Logging in 2019-05-18 11:17:28 (edited 2019-05-18 11:18:54)

This still happens to me occasionally, even after ending other sessions. I was just logged out within the past day or two, and now my sessions page has two desktop sessions on it, from May 1st-1st to May 8th-9th. Also, I never seem to get logged out on mobile, only on desktop, and no other sites on my desktop have this issue (except Tapas)