00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coheed23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of February 2019!

8,419 Views | 18 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Best of February 2019! 2019-03-07 14:07:21

You may have noticed NG was running slow on Tuesday and most of Wednesday; there were technical issues on the end of our hosting provider but that should all be resolved now and NG is back to normal.

We’ve been continuing ours updates to search. Art search is now using the larger square icons and includes content ratings as well as a film projector icon to denote animated gifs. We also replaced pagination with endless scrolling across all categories, so you can melt your brain. Check out Scorbunny, Grookey and Sobble for examples.

Our script to update old art thumbnails had a quirk that resulted in a good number of thumbnails being super zoomed in; these will be getting fixed with a second pass made to addresses them.

Best of February

Your votes are in and the Best of February have been determined!

Top Five Movies

The top ranked animation based on original material and winner of $250 is Weird Night. Congrats @JoelG!

Top Five Games

Runner-up Movies

6. Good Night, Everybuds!

7. EA cucks Anthem

8. Who Am I? : Foamy The Squirrel

9. The Bartman Reanimate Collab

10. Booblegum

11. Wimp Witch: LIARLIAR

12. RhythmJam

13. Hank Evolution

14. Amphibia

15. Casting Crusades : Foamy The Squirrel

16. A-Bit 01: Metal Slug

17. Meet Redd Ryder : Spooky Starlets

18. Death With The Family

19. Cast a spell

20. RhythmJam 2018 - Mario Kart

Runner-up Games

6. Roundabout 2

7. Seven Days in Purgatory

8. Grassurai

9. Peacemakers 1919

10. Color Shooter

11. Fling

12. Tech Room Escape

13. Love Is A Battlefield DX

14. Flesh to Stone: Rock Hard Edition

15. E-Elementals

16. Ballet of Pain

17. Total Rickall Massacre

18. Super Space Jump Man

19. Dorby Underwater Escape

20. Escaping Hearts

Our voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @Toastedsock!

You can become a Supporter too for just $3 per month or $25 for the year. You get a bunch of perks and ad-free browsing but most importantly, you help keep Newgrounds running and moving towards our goals. Right now we’re working to wrap up Newgrounds Player, so you can keep playing Flash content on NG after Flash is removed from browsers.

Congrats to the winners and thank you everyone who participated in February. If you missed it, we updated blogging, introduced full art in the feed and updated tag search this past month.

Here’s a February Music Playlist, too!

@JohnnyUtah is hosting a Devil May Cry Art Contest and the deadline has been extended to Monday, so you can play DMC5 before wrapping up your entry.

iu_11701_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-07 14:14:34

YEAH! Congrats to all the winners. I voted for all of them. Avatar, Apex, Resident Evil and Rhythm Heaven Fever all rock. In fact, I just got that last one for the Wii and started playing it when the animation was uploaded. :D

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-07 14:21:03 (edited 2019-03-07 14:21:30)

Cool beans

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-07 14:24:46

Sweet, Weird Night won!

That one was my favorite of the month.

RedSnake's the name, out of character and gae is the game.

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-07 14:37:50

Bless Pagination

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-07 16:47:46

At 3/7/19 02:07 PM, TomFulp wrote: You may have noticed NG was running slow on Tuesday and most of Wednesday; there were technical issues on the end of our hosting provider but that should all be resolved now and NG is back to normal.

We’ve been continuing ours updates to search. Art search is now using the larger square icons and includes content ratings as well as a film projector icon to denote animated gifs. We also replaced pagination with endless scrolling across all categories, so you can melt your brain. Check out Scorbunny, Grookey and Sobble for examples.

Our script to update old art thumbnails had a quirk that resulted in a good number of thumbnails being super zoomed in; these will be getting fixed with a second pass made to addresses them.

Best of February

Your votes are in and the Best of February have been determined!

Top Five Movies

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726672
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/727250
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/727057
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/727205
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726938

The top ranked animation based on original material and winner of $250 is Weird Night. Congrats @JoelG!

Top Five Games

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726430
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/725995
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726485
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/726213
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/727171

Runner-up Movies

6. Good Night, Everybuds!
7. EA cucks Anthem
8. Who Am I? : Foamy The Squirrel
9. The Bartman Reanimate Collab
10. Booblegum
11. Wimp Witch: LIARLIAR
12. RhythmJam
13. Hank Evolution
14. Amphibia
15. Casting Crusades : Foamy The Squirrel
16. A-Bit 01: Metal Slug
17. Meet Redd Ryder : Spooky Starlets
18. Death With The Family
19. Cast a spell
20. RhythmJam 2018 - Mario Kart

Runner-up Games

6. Roundabout 2
7. Seven Days in Purgatory
8. Grassurai
9. Peacemakers 1919
10. Color Shooter
11. Fling
12. Tech Room Escape
13. Love Is A Battlefield DX
14. Flesh to Stone: Rock Hard Edition
15. E-Elementals
16. Ballet of Pain
17. Total Rickall Massacre
18. Super Space Jump Man
19. Dorby Underwater Escape
20. Escaping Hearts

Our voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @Toastedsock!

You can become a Supporter too for just $3 per month or $25 for the year. You get a bunch of perks and ad-free browsing but most importantly, you help keep Newgrounds running and moving towards our goals. Right now we’re working to wrap up Newgrounds Player, so you can keep playing Flash content on NG after Flash is removed from browsers.

Congrats to the winners and thank you everyone who participated in February. If you missed it, we updated blogging, introduced full art in the feed and updated tag search this past month.

Here’s a February Music Playlist, too!

@JohnnyUtah is hosting a Devil May Cry Art Contest and the deadline has been extended to Monday, so you can play DMC5 before wrapping up your entry.

Congratulations to everyone!

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-07 17:32:58

Congratulations to the kings! Aw, only 1 of my personal favourites made it to the top 5 this time

At 3/7/19 02:07 PM, TomFulp wrote: Here’s a February Music Playlist, too!

Playlist? Oh... Playlists! There is a playlist-Item in the user-account menu! And you can put anything inside, Music, Art, Movies, Games...! Tom, why is this so well hidden? Please make this more of a central concept and let people share them!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-08 01:36:58

Congrats everyone!

"Please don't tap on the glass. Penguins can see and hear you alright. They just don't care."

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-08 08:51:13

We also replaced pagination with endless scrolling through all categories, so you can melt your brain.

Tom why? Can we have the option to change that? If I wanna find something on page 49, I sure as hell amn't gonna scroll to it.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-08 08:55:41

Well... Only one of my votes made it to the top 5. I can't believe "Goodnight, everybuds didn't make it, I thought it was this month's best animation by far... Truly endearing. Amphibia was also pretty cool.

Oh, well... At least Avatar's recap made it to the Top 5.

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-08 11:40:06

At 3/8/19 08:55 AM, CaminanteNocturno wrote: Well... Only one of my votes made it to the top 5. I can't believe "Goodnight, everybuds didn't make it, I thought it was this month's best animation by far... Truly endearing. Amphibia was also pretty cool.
Oh, well... At least Avatar's recap made it to the Top 5.

Yeah those two might have been my top two for the month, actually.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-08 11:42:42

At 3/8/19 08:51 AM, TheReviewTrickster wrote: Tom why? Can we have the option to change that? If I wanna find something on page 49, I sure as hell amn't gonna scroll to it.

We're hoping people will make more use of the advanced search options, which let you set date ranges if you want to dive deeper in. Page numbers were never especially specific but the other problem with them is they become more and more problematic as you apply more and more complex filters, because the site needs to figure out where everything lands before it can determine what is on page 49 - this gets intensive when you are combining site search and filters with individual user filters like block lists (which is coming).

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-08 17:43:08

Congrats to the monthly winners!

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-09 10:14:59

OMG This is really a wonderful surprise, thank you Newgrounds :3

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-10 09:11:44

Nooo not endless scroll... the main thing I don't like about that thing is that there's just no way to get to the end of it. Would be nice with at least partially endless scroll, so after a certain amount of results you do get pagination. Isn't it bad SEO too? Just one single page of results versus many? Hope when all priorities are sorted this might not be as much trouble as it seems to be after all...

Love everything else though, and the consistency of these updates. Seems like y'all are working hard.

Also Congrats to the winners!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-12 09:58:36

At 3/7/19 02:07 PM, TomFulp wrote: Right now we’re working to wrap up Newgrounds Player, so you can keep playing Flash content on NG after Flash is removed from browsers.

@TomFulp Did you post about this previously? Are you guys creating your own player that won't need a browser plugin or something?

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-12 19:25:37

At 3/12/19 09:58 AM, KyleRoberts wrote:
At 3/7/19 02:07 PM, TomFulp wrote: Right now we’re working to wrap up Newgrounds Player, so you can keep playing Flash content on NG after Flash is removed from browsers.
@TomFulp Did you post about this previously? Are you guys creating your own player that won't need a browser plugin or something?

Yeah, it’s a desktop player that can launch with a link and still log medals / scores.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-13 16:29:33

I dreamed about Newgrounds, I saw the Tom Fulp's comment. He got retirement for his Company, He likes a different job and then I woke up.

Follow me on Newgrounds.com

Support me on Patreon

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2019! 2019-03-15 11:17:43

At 3/13/19 04:29 PM, AngryDuck16 wrote: I dreamed about Newgrounds, I saw the Tom Fulp's comment. He got retirement for his Company, He likes a different job and then I woke up.

Can't tell if that was a good dream or not...?

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature