00:00
00:00

MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party

1,021 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

PLEASE DO NOT POST COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD! Instead redirect them to the NAC General Discussion Thread.

WELCOME TO THE TWENTY-SEVENTH OFFICIAL NAC!

The NAC Team and @TomFulp is pleased to bring you March theme: Au NatuRave Party!

Au NatuRave Party? But what does that mean Chron?

Well, here is how it works:

Contest Focus

Basically it's a pretty simple concept. Since these NACs haven't been done for a very long time and the userbase isn't what it used to be - the first few nacs will focus on simple concepts aimed at elevating talent and offering improvement to better the userbase.

The theme of this contest will be using sounds of nature, generally birds, barnyard animals whatever, in your song but make it a dance rave type song - bonus points if you use ambiance songs from ngs or if you record your own animal ambiance - for eg. if you record yourself quacking or even saying "quack" as notes in the songs, kinda like a donkey kong song with the monkey hoots in the bg - it'll qualify! It'll be a silly contest :P

Do whatever! Make woofs into dubstep beats if you like! You could make a dogs vs cats song! BAOOORM BERM BAAAARRMMM W-W-W-W-W-W-WOOFWOOFWOOFWOOF BAOOORM BERM BAAAARRMMM MEOW MOEW-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-MEWMEWMEWMEOW

lol I dunno.. just make it silly and surprise me.

Contest Criteria

Pretty simple for this one - use your imagination! As long as its somehow animal related (and NO to using synths to make pretend animal noises - either find them off the net or record them yourselves - or if you have like an animals vst or something that's fine, as long as they SOUND like animals or recognizable in some form.)

We are looking for silly for this contest - silly but well produced. I want to stress that these are lighthearted contests on a site that is supposed to be used for fun an entertainment. Remember that the internet is NOT srs bsns :)

---

Examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKqaxl2nqGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp50IEHtYfk&t=15s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PzBmrdJ2Lw

(added that last one cuz of the dog sounds in the bg which are actually part of the game but I always thought they were part of the song as a kid hehe)

Here are some ambiance resources from newgrounds you can utilize:

and here are just some examples of people who have done silly corny animal recordings themselves:

I honestly couldn't find that many examples lol.. not that I looked very hard. Feel free to make some so we have examples in the future lol..

Covers and Remixes

Not allowed for this contest. We wanna see what you are capable of doing :)

---

Voices

Not required at all for this contest, but if you wanna add them that's cool :P - this contest is focused more on sounds than vocals. If you do use them however, remember:

1) They are not sampled from copyrighted recordings.

2) They are 100% your own recording and creation (or someone who has given you permission)

3) You can ask another artist or group to provide vocals, as long as all material is newly created for your submission, and you provide the details of the vocalist(s), who they are.

Ask around if you need a vocalist - I know users like @Troisnyx and @Hania sing, maybe they will if you ask nicely :)

Instruments & Collabbing

Recordings of instruments are great! If you do kudos to you! Recording of vocals is super great too. As a result if someone assists you with vocals you may include them as part of your song - just make sure to mention them in your song description. The prize however will only go to the user that submitted the song.

---

Deadlines

All tracks must be in by the deadline. Please check your Newgrounds in-boxes regularly. If you have a problem with reaching the deadlines, please contact us as soon as possible, and we will review your case.

Submissions must not contain any material deemed offensive.

AND NO SUBMITTING MUSIC THAT WASN'T MADE DURING THE MONTH OF THE CONTEST!

and if I missed any rule and you are unsure - please look through previous month's NAC threads - all rules have been listed at some point or other, or in the nac discussion thread. I don't have to answer your questions as all has been addressed at some point or other. Use some initiative!

Last but not least, remember to have fun! Don't get too competitive and/or elitist, or I may have to bash some heads! :P

-shawn-

iu_10314_1197916.gif

- - - - - ( Legacy | Remasters Valhalla - NGs Audio | Buy my Art! ) - - - - -

BBS Signature

Set Dates & Deadlines For Contest

From now till 11:59 PM EST Friday March 22nd: Submissions will be accepted.

Sunday, March 24th: The 8 finalists will be announced, and their submissions will be closely scrutinized and reviewed by our finalist judges. NO BUTTHURT WHINING PLEASE.

also no pulling a Kanye West please.

Monday, April 1st: The top 4 will be announced by our finalist judges, as well as frontpaged the next Monday by one of the mods. (if no other big contest comes first)

winners may also be posted on the second, in case of emergencies or me being too busy for some reason on the 1st..

I am usually on the ball however so a lot of thimes I tend to post the results ealier than said.

---

The finalist judges for the Remix NAC are...

To be determined - I will be taking offers from anyone interested - so PM me if you are interested. We prefer judges who have been around the block a few times on newgrounds - as evidenced by the all-star lineup we had in the past.

Also the way I've decided to do it these days is I will choose from a pool of users - usually 2003-2005 users, or any notable users - if you are interested please get in touch with me and let me know. From the cutoff date until the end of the months any and all of those users are free to judge the top 8 once they are posted - all you have to do is review all 8 and then post your results in this thread. I will take however many have reviewed tally them all up and use all their votes to determine the winner.. so if 10, hell even 20 people posted their results for all 8 I would use them! Keep that in mind!

Also keep in mind that as a finalist judge you only have ONE WEEK to judge the 8 submissions, so if this is an issue for you, or you think you might not be able to pull through, then PLEASE DON'T OFFER!

We will pick the top three from the 8 finalists.

---

PRIZES

1st Place: Supporter Status by tom, weekly feature*, reviewed by all judges, 1st place sig (opt.) donated prize (opt.)**

2nd Place: Supporter Status by tom, weekly feature*, reviewed by all judges, 2nd place sig (opt.) donated prize (opt.)**

3rd Place: Supporter Status by tom, weekly feature*, reviewed by all judges, 3rd place sig (opt.) donated prize (opt.) **

4th Place: weekly feature*, reviewed by all judges, 4th place sig (opt.)

5th Place: reviewed by all judges

6th Place: reviewed by all judges

7th Place: reviewed by all judges

8th Place: reviewed by all judges

*weekly feature is not a guarantee - if another big contest takes precedence that month you may not get featured - sorry.
**donated prizes only available if prizes are donated to the NAC. If less than 3 are donated 1st and 2nd place will get priority in that order.

---

also @willkmr has generously offered to post the NAC winners in his podcast ad the end of his episodes - so you all can get some extra exposure that way! @willkmr, please ensure you provide links as well to the winners so that people can check them out :)

Please post your submissions in this thread!

This is easy. Just simply post your song link into the text window like you would a web page link! (Don't use the link button)

Remember to have fun, be creative, and good luck!

-shawn-

BBS Signature

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-01 22:03:33

At 3/1/19 07:48 PM, Chron-amut wrote: also @willkmr has generously offered to post the NAC winners in his podcast ad the end of his episodes - so you all can get some extra exposure that way! @willkmr, please ensure you provide links as well to the winners so that people can check them out :)

Can confirm!

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

BBS Signature

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-02 17:31:17

At 3/1/19 10:03 PM, willKMR wrote:
At 3/1/19 07:48 PM, Chron-amut wrote: also @willkmr has generously offered to post the NAC winners in his podcast ad the end of his episodes - so you all can get some extra exposure that way! @willkmr, please ensure you provide links as well to the winners so that people can check them out :)
Can confirm!

nac winners are posted in the feb thread btw - go check it out :)

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-03 10:59:23

Should we be using the animals as samples or actually build entire melodies using the animal noises? Like, a whole track made of just animals vs a normal track with animal fillers?

I've done the latter so far so not sure whether to submit that way or go back and start from scratch using just animals.

Want a review lemme know! Collab, remix, tips, whatever, just get in touch.

BBS Signature

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-03 12:42:47

At 3/3/19 10:59 AM, IIAydinIIJewelz123II wrote: Should we be using the animals as samples or actually build entire melodies using the animal noises? Like, a whole track made of just animals vs a normal track with animal fillers?

I've done the latter so far so not sure whether to submit that way or go back and start from scratch using just animals.

you can use them however way you want - just be creative and don't make it ear rapey :)

as long as animal noises are used :)

BBS Signature

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-03 13:36:54

At 3/2/19 05:31 PM, IoTheEternal wrote:
Can confirm!

Congrats to the Feb winners! The episode went up a couple of days ago and the upcoming mid-month episode is a creator interview. If the March winners are decided by the end of the month I'll include the first place prizewinner in the April 1st one!

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

BBS Signature

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-03 16:10:42

At 3/3/19 01:36 PM, willKMR wrote:
Can confirm!
Congrats to the Feb winners! The episode went up a couple of days ago and the upcoming mid-month episode is a creator interview. If the March winners are decided by the end of the month I'll include the first place prizewinner in the April 1st one!

The NAC winners are ALWAYS decided by the end of the month hehe..

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-03 17:07:29

At 3/3/19 04:10 PM, IoTheEternal wrote:
Can confirm!

I looked when I recorded on the 28th and I didn't see them! They must have gone up later in the day.

BBS Signature

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-03 19:44:17

At 3/3/19 05:07 PM, willKMR wrote:
At 3/3/19 04:10 PM, IoTheEternal wrote:
Can confirm!
I looked when I recorded on the 28th and I didn't see them! They must have gone up later in the day.

...at SOME POINT during the day at the end of the month lol..

Want a review lemme know! Collab, remix, tips, whatever, just get in touch.

BBS Signature

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-05 20:38:29

Yep. This is definitely a thing I made. I have never tried to do a ravey type song so, yeet.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/851725?updated=1551836247

BBS Signature

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-17 16:01:25

At 3/5/19 08:38 PM, tydiggy wrote: Yep. This is definitely a thing I made. I have never tried to do a ravey type song so, yeet.

hmm I'm a bit worried if we will have enough submissions for this contest. .that's the only problem when people wait until the end to submit - are people working on this?

BBS Signature

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-17 17:03:40

At 3/17/19 04:01 PM, Chron-amut wrote:
At 3/5/19 08:38 PM, tydiggy wrote: Yep. This is definitely a thing I made. I have never tried to do a ravey type song so, yeet.

hmm I'm a bit worried if we will have enough submissions for this contest. .that's the only problem when people wait until the end to submit - are people working on this?

Yeah I noticed the numbers were severly cut back in this compared to other competitions, which is odd to me. Perhaps the theme was just not right, or maybe everyone just wants to make a paw-some track!

huehuehue sorry not sorry

Anyways, I am also working on an entry. Hopefully I can get it in and add at least one more person to the roster this month :)

BBS Signature

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-17 17:05:42

At 3/17/19 05:03 PM, SplatterDash wrote:
At 3/17/19 04:01 PM, Chron-amut wrote:

Yeah I noticed the numbers were severly cut back in this compared to other competitions, which is odd to me. Perhaps the theme was just not right, or maybe everyone just wants to make a paw-some track!

huehuehue sorry not sorry
Anyways, I am also working on an entry. Hopefully I can get it in and add at least one more person to the roster this month :)

same thing happened last month in all honesty and then everyone submitted in like the last week - but there are only like 5 days left so ehh hehe.. I mean these contests only need at least 4 submissions then it's just a matter of rearranging it - it could be that the theme may be too "out there" for some - that's the problem with making weird contests, not everyone is into it. We'll see.

BBS Signature

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-17 19:40:53

I was actually really interested in this month's subject but unfortunately I'm in the process of moving all of my software to a new computer/ harddrive this month, so I'm trying to not start any completely new projects until I finish/set up some other things first.

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-17 20:33:56

At 3/17/19 07:40 PM, Petrol4brains wrote: I was actually really interested in this month's subject but unfortunately I'm in the process of moving all of my software to a new computer/ harddrive this month, so I'm trying to not start any completely new projects until I finish/set up some other things first.

ahh I see.

BBS Signature

Response to MAR NAC 2019 - Au NatuRave Party 2019-03-18 18:04:28

I made something for this contest, I'm proud of myself!

Big dumb man

BBS Signature