00:00
00:00

ABFH Remix Contest - Results!!

1,449 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-14 20:24:55

Hey everyone, it is now 15 February UTC and we have come to the end of the judging period for the A Breeze From Home remix contest.

Before I announce the results, I want to say a huge thank you to @Phyrnna, @NekoMika, @JessieYun and @AceMantra for their judging, to @Peregrinus for stepping in to be a reserve in the event any of us should not deliver, and to Phy once again, and @matt-likes-swords for providing the prizes and making the contest possible.

I hope you all had fun! The results will be announced in the reply to this thread, which will take me a while to type out considering there's formatting and the like. I want to say real quick, there have been some very, VERY close margins between the variously placed entries in the contest, and I think you all did well!

I want to use this post to tag everyone who was a participant in this:

Response to ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-14 20:37:47

And now, the winners!

1st -- ||Aydin||Jewelz123|| -- Average 8.38 --

iu_7607_3805804.png

You have won both a copy of Epic Battle Fantasy 5, and a copy of the soundtrack to Epic Battle Fantasy 5!

2nd -- SplatterDash -- Average 8.30 --

iu_7608_3805804.png

You have won a copy of Epic Battle Fantasy 5!

3rd -- djt820 -- Average 8.26 --

iu_7609_3805804.png

4th -- klru27 -- Average 8.19 --

iu_7610_3805804.png

5th -- TodukenMusic -- Average 8.08 --

iu_7611_3805804.png

6th -- moreweed -- Average 7.60 --

iu_7612_3805804.png

--------------------------------

Congratulations to all of you! Your entries will be frontpaged at the soonest opportunity -- @NekoMika, I'd appreciate if you could help sort this out. Also, I hope you all enjoy the forum signatures too. I did them from scratch in the hours leading up to the results being tallied, and finally put the names in just moments before writing the original post of this. Aydin and SplatterDash, in the days that come, I shall PM you with the Steam keys to Epic Battle Fantasy 5. Aydin, you will also get your copy of the OST in this way.

Well done to every one of you who took part! Thanks for making this contest pretty lively, and pretty wonderful overall.

----------------------------------------

If you are curious at all about the averages, here they are for everyone who took part. Each used their own rubric. I leave it up to the judges to disclose, or not disclose how they got there. For my part, I did what Peregrinus did and hid my scores on the reviews; they are the exact same as they are here in the table below. I will see if I can't make mine public over the next few days.

iu_7613_3805804.png

Response to ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-14 20:41:04

At 2/14/19 08:24 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Hey everyone, it is now 15 February UTC and we have come to the end of the judging period for the A Breeze From Home remix contest.

Before I announce the results, I want to say a huge thank you to @Phyrnna, @NekoMika, @JessieYun and @AceMantra for their judging, to @Peregrinus for stepping in to be a reserve in the event any of us should not deliver, and to Phy once again, and @matt-likes-swords for providing the prizes and making the contest possible.

I hope you all had fun! The results will be announced in the reply to this thread, which will take me a while to type out considering there's formatting and the like. I want to say real quick, there have been some very, VERY close margins between the variously placed entries in the contest, and I think you all did well!

Hey! Before results come out, a huge thank you to Troisnyx and Phyrnna for hosting this contest, making the truly amazing song that we remixed in this competition, and for judging our entries! Plus a big thanks you to the other judges for their critiques and mattlikesswords for making the amazing game A Breeze From Home is used in! I'm actually kinda wanting to play the game, and I never would have heard about it had it not been for this contest. Thank you all for running this contest, I had fun making my remix and I feel it's one of the better songs I made thus far.

Good luck to everyone, the last minute pressure is on hard :p

hi, I do things that make sounds and put them on this site, you can check out my stuff if you want.

BBS Signature

At 2/14/19 08:41 PM, SplatterDash wrote:
At 2/14/19 08:24 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Hey everyone, it is now 15 February UTC and we have come to the end of the judging period for the A Breeze From Home remix contest.

Hey! Before results come out, a huge thank you to Troisnyx and Phyrnna for hosting this contest, making the truly amazing song that we remixed in this competition, and for judging our entries! Plus a big thanks you to the other judges for their critiques and mattlikesswords for making the amazing game A Breeze From Home is used in! I'm actually kinda wanting to play the game, and I never would have heard about it had it not been for this contest. Thank you all for running this contest, I had fun making my remix and I feel it's one of the better songs I made thus far.

Good luck to everyone, the last minute pressure is on hard :p

oh okay I came a little late lol. Still, I'm looking forward to playing EBF5, and I really can't wait to hear the song in the certain boss fight it's used in (I know what it is, I'm not gonna spoil it, but... cats). I think I will go ahead and listen to Aydin's remix, GG to you on getting first Aydin :D

hi, I do things that make sounds and put them on this site, you can check out my stuff if you want.

BBS Signature

Response to ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-14 20:43:39

At 2/14/19 08:37 PM, Troisnyx wrote: And now, the winners!

A big congrats to the winners, and huge thank you to those who participated!

Audio Portal Moderator. Flag stolen content.

BBS Signature

Response to ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-14 20:48:26

At 2/14/19 08:42 PM, SplatterDash wrote: oh okay I came a little late lol

Phrasing. Are we still doing phrasing? Lana?

I think you came too soon. Happy Valentines Day.

And just so I don't get finger waggled for being too off topic, congrats on 2nd!

Audio Portal Moderator. Flag stolen content.

BBS Signature

Response to ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-14 20:53:54

Big congratulations to the winners and great job, participants! It was an honor to judge you guys.

I haven’t got to review all participants yet, so if you would like to be reviewed, I’ll make sure to leave you a comment in a top priority as soon as possible.

Big thanks to everyone, what a contest!

~ Jessie

Freelance Cinematic & Film Composer. Creative Director. Writer. Artist. Producer.

Visit My Official Website!

BBS Signature

Response to ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-14 20:59:51

Haha nice. Totally badass. I'll wear that bronze with pride. Congrats to the winners.

This was the most challenging yet rewarding contest I've participated in yet. Like I've said before, the original song is an incredible tune and it was fun to chop it up and add my own flavor.

Thank y'all for putting this one together.

It's yo boy

BBS Signature

Response to ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-14 21:25:06

Congratulations to the winners, you are all now on the front page! :)

And a big thank you to everyone who participated.~

Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-14 22:25:54

Congratulations for the winners <3

Response to ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-15 03:19:19

Congratulations everyone who took part! And also congrats to the winners, it was awesome to hear all the lovely and different takes on the track and theme!

I really enjoyed judging this and the top 6 will be shared over my Twitter as well (promo yay!)

I apologize for my (relative) invisibility here due to university, but I'm going to leave reviews on all of your tracks with what I personally thought of them.

For those who are curious, my judging was based on the criteria of

• Use of Vocals
  • Originality
  • Execution
  • Mixing
  • Theme
  • Entertainment Value

Thank you everyone again for joining us for this~!

Response to ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-15 05:23:43

A few of you have asked me (and possibly also Phy) during the period of the competition if the stems are going to be available after the contest period.

Short answer: Yes. Feel free to remix it.

Long answer: Yes, I had a quick check-in with Phy over the matter and she's fine with it. They're all currently in the contest submissions thread though; I'll see if I can't update my newsposts with both a link to this results thread and a final set of links to the ABFH stems.

I do realise that a few wanted to join the contest, weren't able to due to personal reasons and still would like to give it a go; happy remixing, and we look forward to hearing what you do with them!

Response to ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-15 07:14:31

At 2/14/19 08:43 PM, Peregrinus wrote:

Awesome show guys! So thrilled and surprised to win :)

Woke up at 2am gmt this morning and checked NG real quick to see how my latest track got on, then saw this... hardly slept throughout the rest of the night xD

Thank you so much for making this competition and letting us get on the front page! Such an honour :)

Look forward to hearing the original during my playthrough.. although I think I know already when it plays (boss fight or something?)

Want a review lemme know! Collab, remix, tips, whatever, just get in touch.

BBS Signature

At 2/15/19 03:19 AM, Phyrnna wrote:
For those who are curious, my judging was based on the criteria of. . .

Should have been posted mine too. Here's my full scoresheet revealed to you guys just in case you are wondering about my criteria:

iu_7689_5435639.jpg

If you also want a review, let me know via PM or reply -- would be happy to leave you a comment as soon as possible in a top priority (like I mentioned earlier).

~ Jessie

Freelance Cinematic & Film Composer. Creative Director. Writer. Artist. Producer.

Visit My Official Website!

BBS Signature

Response to ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-15 07:48:51

At 2/15/19 07:14 AM, IIAydinIIJewelz123II wrote:
At 2/14/19 08:43 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
Awesome show guys! So thrilled and surprised to win :)

Woke up at 2am gmt this morning and checked NG real quick to see how my latest track got on, then saw this... hardly slept throughout the rest of the night xD

Thank you so much for making this competition and letting us get on the front page! Such an honour :)

Look forward to hearing the original during my playthrough.. although I think I know already when it plays (boss fight or something?)

The rumours have more than circulated by this point; I am trying against my better judgement to play through the game once more to hear that song in context; I did not hear it during my first playthrough but everyone else has got it, so... I'll keep my ears open!

Congrats btw, I bet you're buzzing. I couldn't sleep too well myself from having concluded the contest.

Alright. All being well, @IIAydinIIJewelz123II and @SplatterDash, your prizes should have arrived by PM. Happy playing!

Response to ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-15 19:35:22

Oh boy, a 4th?! Congratulations to the winners and thanks for giving me such a high score! It was very meaningful to me!!

Response to ABFH Remix Contest - Results!! 2019-02-19 03:11:19

Here's my scoresheet!

iu_8470_2360578.png