00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Reasons you bought your rcnt system

782 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What games did you feel were the major reasons you bought your systems.

For the original 3ds and New 3ds xl onwards i particularly wanted to play the newest Mario title at the time as well as several dozen other contemporary titles like xenoblade chronicles,MGS 3 : snake Eater,luigi's mansion :Dark moon and RE:revelations but as time went on over the 7 years it has become a library with retro games being a majority

As for my current laptop ,I just wanted to play some of recent games that came out on steam the past few years

Got an original model PS4 used this past November. It was before Black Friday, so everybody on Letgo was trying to sell theirs for $200 or less. I already had a viable PC (A laptop, but still decent for gaming), but I bought the PS4 to play the exclusives. Uncharted, etc, in addition to the games that aren't exclusives but don't have PC versions. The last home console I paid for was a Wii U, so of course there aren't any new games coming for that system. Will probably get Breath of the Wild though, 🤣 seeing as I won't have a Switch for a long time.

I grew up with Nintendo and loved them, still do, but I just couldn't choose the Switch over a PS4. Granted, both are excellent systems with new and existing exclusives, but my want for a PS4 was stronger. Maybe in 2020 I will get one, I'm not shelling for another expensive piece of hardware this year if I can avoid it. I do want to build my PS4 and 3DS library this year, so Nintendo will still get my money when I buy Persona Q2.

The PS4 I got was a rather nice starter set though. Got the system including cords, 2 controllers, Star Wars Battlefront 1, Minecraft, R6S, Call of Duty WW II and I bought Persona 5 Dancing In Starlight and Kingdom Hearts III. I'm not quite sure about getting a PS Plus subscription though, if I want to play games online I can just do so on PC without a subscription.

BBS Signature

Response to Reasons you bought your rcnt system 2019-02-17 01:08:32

PS4

Had got it for Kingdom Hearts III, didn't know at the time it would also be released for XB1.

Disappointed they removed Bluetooth functionality, and that a lot of game devs don't seem to utilize all the capabilities of the Playstation Network(such as recent players met, or news updates on the game splash screens).

God of war is an epic exclusive title, and PS Now is a great service.

All in all I was happy with what I got.

BBS Signature

Response to Reasons you bought your rcnt system 2019-02-17 18:56:12

Recently I bought a 3DS to play Pokemon games, bought a few more alongside it, but most have been Pokemon. Was tempted to buy a Switch for the "Let's Go" games also, might do so later if they release more.

Previously I asked for a Dreamcast due to liking Sega and Sonic stuff, a PS2 since I liked PS1 and a Gamecube and Wii and Xbox360 because it seemed like good ideas at the time, Gamecube was great and Wii is sort of just used for Gamecube games since lost Gamecube wires.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Reasons you bought your rcnt system 2019-02-19 00:33:26

At 2/12/19 03:29 PM, argile wrote: What games did you feel were the major reasons you bought your systems.
For the original 3ds and New 3ds xl onwards i particularly wanted to play the newest Mario title at the time as well as several dozen other contemporary titles like xenoblade chronicles,MGS 3 : snake Eater,luigi's mansion :Dark moon and RE:revelations but as time went on over the 7 years it has become a library with retro games being a majority
As for my current laptop ,I just wanted to play some of recent games that came out on steam the past few years

Smash and breath of the wild for switch were major ones among other games and the large anount of indies. For ps4 it would have to be uncharted.

Response to Reasons you bought your rcnt system 2019-02-19 07:49:58

I bought a PS2 again a year after I'd sold my old one just for GTA Liberty and Vice City stories, and a DS mainly for Advance Wars. Think that's about it though. Right now it's mainly computer everything.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Reasons you bought your rcnt system 2019-02-19 21:02:32

The Switch specificly for diablo 3 but minecraft runs pretty good on it too

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Reasons you bought your rcnt system 2019-02-20 17:30:45

At 2/19/19 09:02 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: The Switch specificly for diablo 3 but minecraft runs pretty good on it too

~X~

You're a gamer too? too think that I've mainly seen you doing a lot of critiquing on various entries on newgrounds

At 2/17/19 06:56 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:

Previously I asked for a Dreamcast due to liking Sega and Sonic stuff, a PS2 since I liked PS1 and a Gamecube and Wii and Xbox360 because it seemed like good ideas at the time, Gamecube was great and Wii is sort of just used for Gamecube games since lost Gamecube wires.

You really can't go wrong with the dreamcast's library even if sega cutted support for that system to focus on developing games after 2001.

At 2/19/19 07:49 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I bought a PS2 again a year after I'd sold my old one just for GTA Liberty and Vice City stories, and a DS mainly for Advance Wars. Think that's about it though. Right now it's mainly computer everything.

The ushering of GTA coming in 3d ,had to be one of the best games i've played of all time,GTA III didn't age to as well as the others after it though.Had the first advance Wars on GBA pretty fun for a turn based strategy game.would you say that your computer in terms of what's available to play to it on being more broader in choice?

At 2/17/19 12:56 AM, PyrosTheStickman wrote: Got an original model PS4 used this past November. It was before Black Friday, so everybody on Letgo was trying to sell theirs for $200 or less. I already had a viable PC (A laptop, but still decent for gaming), but I bought the PS4 to play the exclusives. Uncharted, etc, in addition to the games that aren't exclusives but don't have PC versions. The last home console I paid for was a Wii U, so of course there aren't any new games coming for that system. Will probably get Breath of the Wild though, 🤣 seeing as I won't have a Switch for a long time.

Gee based on your starter set for ps4 ,If i owned the same deal. I probably would have sound one for dirt cheap depending on how much sentimental value i got of them.Something like $75 would be the most I put on it ...kind of like how I sold my original 3ds for just with all the games i had for it for 25 dollars

I grew up with Nintendo and loved them, still do, but I just couldn't choose the Switch over a PS4. Granted, both are excellent systems with new and existing exclusives, but my want for a PS4 was stronger. Maybe in 2020 I will get one, I'm not shelling for another expensive piece of hardware this year if I can avoid it. I do want to build my PS4 and 3DS library this year, so Nintendo will still get my money when I buy Persona Q2.

The PS4 I got was a rather nice starter set though. Got the system including cords, 2 controllers, Star Wars Battlefront 1, Minecraft, R6S, Call of Duty WW II and I bought Persona 5 Dancing In Starlight and Kingdom Hearts III. I'm not quite sure about getting a PS Plus subscription though, if I want to play games online I can just do so on PC without a subscription.

How exactly do you plan your budgeting when it comes to buying video games? I tend wait for almost a year before buying any new ones.

Response to Reasons you bought your rcnt system 2019-02-20 17:45:25

At 2/20/19 05:30 PM, argile wrote:
At 2/19/19 09:02 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: The Switch specificly for diablo 3 but minecraft runs pretty good on it too

~X~
You're a gamer too? too think that I've mainly seen you doing a lot of critiquing on various entries on newgrounds
At 2/17/19 06:56 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:

Yeah I like some gamming too

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

At 2/20/19 05:30 PM, argile wrote: The ushering of GTA coming in 3d ,had to be one of the best games i've played of all time,GTA III didn't age to as well as the others after it though.Had the first advance Wars on GBA pretty fun for a turn based strategy game.would you say that your computer in terms of what's available to play to it on being more broader in choice?

Well the storyline definitely holds yet today, but the atmosphere and open world... it does have certain limitations. No in-game map. No ability to swim (though VC had that too). Certain very basic functionality really brought the sequels to a whole other level, to what I feel is the definitive pinnacle of the trilogy: San Andreas. Vice City just didn't have the same character or flexibility, but still feels timeless in it's own accord. All three were so different. With a little essential modding they're still great to play today. :) All on mobile now too. Currently having a little tour of nostalgia through GTA VC that way. They've added some pretty cool things, but unfortunately cut down on texture detail and draw distance overall.

If you get a chance you should definitely get the DS version. :) It's as good as the franchise gets before it changed entirely. Enough content to last a lifetime too. Currently at 500 hours and all but done with it.

Yeah, broader choices, but most importantly: continual support. Games don't stop working when a service dies... unless you rely on one to play them. Old multiplayer games can still run unofficial servers when their official time is up. New releases aren't as dependent on the lifeline of a specific console. You can run both new and old, and with any controller if you fancy those, on any screen, however you want to. Best of all worlds IMO. I stopped getting any newer consoles after PS2; don't think I will unless there's some specific game I just really want to play that I can't get running any other way. Even those GTA Story games work fine via PC now.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature