00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Request: title attributes on titles

159 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Feature Request:

Please add a title HTML attribute to the tags of titles of Games, Movies, Daily Picks, etc.

Especially if it's likely that there's an ellipsis at the end due to the length ("...")

Prototype:

See my video on YouTube where I edited the NG frontpage locally to illustrate my request

Reasoning:

I use Newgrounds exclusively on Desktop.

I often want to read the full title of a submitted entry when I'm deciding whether I want to watch an entry or not.

Unfortunately a lot of the entries have titles that are exceeding the length of the preview box.

They are thus shorted with an ellipsis at the end ("...") which is a good solution overall.

It would be helfpul if the full title could be displayed though if the user wished to do so.

A simple technical workaround is to add the title attribute to the HTML tag that encloses the actual title line.

This approach is used on other sites as well, e.g. YouTube.

BBS Signature

Response to Request: title attributes on titles 2019-02-11 05:53:31

Second this.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Request: title attributes on titles 2019-02-11 15:00:06

At 2/10/19 10:46 AM, Valio wrote: Feature Request:
Please add a title HTML attribute to the tags of titles of Games, Movies, Daily Picks, etc.
Especially if it's likely that there's an ellipsis at the end due to the length ("...")

Prototype:
See my video on YouTube where I edited the NG frontpage locally to illustrate my request

Reasoning:
I use Newgrounds exclusively on Desktop.
I often want to read the full title of a submitted entry when I'm deciding whether I want to watch an entry or not.
Unfortunately a lot of the entries have titles that are exceeding the length of the preview box.
They are thus shorted with an ellipsis at the end ("...") which is a good solution overall.
It would be helfpul if the full title could be displayed though if the user wished to do so.
A simple technical workaround is to add the title attribute to the HTML tag that encloses the actual title line.
This approach is used on other sites as well, e.g. YouTube.

I'm noting this in the bug / task system so we don't forget it in future updates.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature