00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dubstep is the future...

2,568 Views | 46 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-10 04:48:02

We all love dubstep. But I think it'll be the only genre soon. I really like dubstep, and I hope my words will come truth... What do you think?

Hello :)

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-10 07:04:20

At 2/10/19 04:48 AM, AlienNinjaGD wrote: We all love dubstep. But I think it'll be the only genre soon. I really like dubstep, and I hope my words will come truth... What do you think?

We all know, we all know, that music will be diverse in the future, and not even you can wish it away.

The resurgence of Classic FM to play and feature top video game composers only says something about us hearkening back to the past to make the music of the future.

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-10 07:25:47

So... you mean there will be more than one genre?

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-10 08:35:36

At 2/10/19 04:48 AM, AlienNinjaGD wrote: We all love dubstep. But I think it'll be the only genre soon. I really like dubstep, and I hope my words will come truth... What do you think?

I think that someone else might agree with you on that subject.

cough @472 cough

hi, I do things that make sounds and put them on this site, you can check out my stuff if you want.

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-10 09:12:54

At 2/10/19 07:25 AM, AlienNinjaGD wrote: So... you mean there will be more than one genre?

Oh definitely.

As long as there are folk communities, their music will always continue.

As long as there are video games, there'll be classical music.

As long as there are worshippers, there'll be hymns and nasheeds.

As long as there are early music enthusiasts gaining traction, and Renaissance fairs, there'll always be a resurgence of medieval and Renaissance music.

As long as there are countries and their military, there'll be anthems and marches.

Dubstep will never be the only genre, and there'll easily be something else in the future that takes its place in popularity that people will want to be "the only genre that exists." Not too long ago, people said that about big room.

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-10 10:48:19

If anything, I think it will be the opposite.

Dubstep as we know it today, like all genres, will evolve and take a different form as artists strive to create something new and diverge from creating 'tired' content. Especially in the realms of music under the umbrella of 'electronic', as technology advances, so will musical capabilities. Dubstep specifically only became a genre well within my lifetime (the late 1990s) and continues to change.

That said, there will always be people that enjoy following the basic rules of what makes a 'genre' its genre; sticking true to the essence of what people know it to be in the name of authenticity. As an artist that enjoys taking many different genres from many different cultures and mixing them in my music, I'm always excited and open to seeing these genres take new and interesting forms!

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-10 11:15:37 (edited 2019-02-10 11:23:18)

In a few decades, audio companies will replace current buzzwords analog warm fat vintage with wobble skleenex drop pryda and everyone will say It was better in my times, you know nothing Jon Snow and music took ACTUAL skills, not just rendering your thoughts and imagination into a soundfile. I would have to press play on my computer AND play angry birds at the same time. You kids are no legit performers.

TrueFact: Dubstep Wobblebass was invented by dnb amen brothers, who copied one direction's beatles after they met Dj Redo on the australian mountain. WooooooOOOOOOoooooooWowowow It's an omen-menmenmenmen!

Novelty from the past is the future.

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-10 13:02:36

@Daru925 Thanks about the information. I didn't know it. But I still like DubStep.

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-10 13:05:42

@Troisnyx Really? About Big Room? I didn't know, thanks!

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-10 14:01:46

just because i only produce dubsteppy stuff doesn't mean i agree it's the only genre out there

if you want some bass of mine click here https://testuser472.newgrounds.com/audio

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-11 02:21:34

I don't agree, @Chron-amut!

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-11 03:36:48

At 2/11/19 02:21 AM, AlienNinjaGD wrote: I don't agree, @Chron-amut!

If anything, I think OP created it for talking points and did it in a rather puerile manner; this at least applies to me, but I feel as though the original post is written by a starry-eyed dubstep fan who doesn't know, or doesn't bother to know anything else. At least some of us would have behaved that way in our teens — blind adulation of the thing we know and love. Among us musicians and listeners there can only be one answer to the original post.

But, keep at it OP — you seem to enjoy musical talking points. Hopefully there'll be more, reflected, thought-out ones in future.

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-11 11:47:14

Wait, @Troisnyx! I know many more genres, but I'm just sayin' I think the dubstep (my fav) will be the only genre soon. But this is only my opinion.

To everyone: Don't be shy! Say what do you think! I'm really happy that you reply on my thread!

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-11 12:29:14

At 2/11/19 11:47 AM, AlienNinjaGD wrote: Wait, @Troisnyx! I know many more genres, but I'm just sayin' I think the dubstep (my fav) will be the only genre soon. But this is only my opinion.

I accepted quite a while back that it is your opinion, yeah. ^_^ It's just that something like this sounds incredibly puerile to many musicians across genres and levels of experience, at least that's what I feel. Note, what *I* feel — others may not draw the same conclusion.

And I don't expect others will think that, either.

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-11 20:58:08

I'm sorry but whenever I look at this post why does my mind go straight to thinking about the JonTron Pepsi philosophy thing lol

hi, I do things that make sounds and put them on this site, you can check out my stuff if you want.

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-11 22:01:07

I think its great

Floating in space

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-12 08:21:03

Unlikely. Dubstep has for the most part lost popularity. I could see a future bass and moombah takeover being more likely being that they're already massively popular as it is. However, as others in this forum have said already, it is extremely unlikely that music will ever condense into a single genre, being that people have and always will have diverse tastes in music. Also, drumstep > dubstep in my opinion.

"I'm not dabbing on my haters, I'm hiding my tears."

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-12 08:24:33

Also, it's very presumptuous to say, "We all like dubstep." There are actually a great many people on the general forum and just on this website in general that don't like it.

"I'm not dabbing on my haters, I'm hiding my tears."

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-12 08:38:48

Not really. I listen to a lot of it but only because there is so much of it that the chance that there will be songs that are good despite the shitty drop are decent.

I can't think of a dubstep song that wouldn't be better without the drop.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-12 14:34:54

Dubstep imo was golden back in 2010-2011, when it was first going mainstream with artists like Flux Pavillion, Nero, Emalkay, Example, Benga, Bar9, KOAN Sound Chase & Status, absolutely smashing the sounds!

Similarly I thought Dubstep was the way forward. Period.

Then over time, I got bored of it and kind of lost interest in electronic music altogether.

Over the years, as I've grown, realised a lot of music is actually quite good. Especially stuff from the 60s - 80s. Never gave those dudes a chance, as I thought they were cheesy as heck, but my goodness is music from those eras so groovy!

I think other people have had similar experiences, seeing as how the Retrowave genre became so dominant, and people in general seem to be more accepting of different sounds nowadays, than what I think they were before. But maybe it's just me talking about my own preferences / changes in taste.

Glad you like the genre though dude, I've got some Dubstep stuff cooking...

Want a review lemme know! Collab, remix, tips, whatever, just get in touch.

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-12 16:51:37

Nah. Not everyone enjoys all the wobbles and growls. So I'm going to say... no.

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-13 20:15:53

Dubstep was good before Skrillex ruined it

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-13 20:18:51

At 2/13/19 08:15 PM, I0TA wrote: Dubstep was good before Skrillex ruined it

But what about Skrillex and Utada Hikaru...

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-13 20:20:22

At 2/13/19 08:18 PM, Troisnyx wrote:

I knew I was missing out something good... gonna check it out now. thanx

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-13 20:39:44

At 2/13/19 08:20 PM, I0TA wrote:
At 2/13/19 08:18 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
I knew I was missing out something good... gonna check it out now. thanx

Holyshit you were right it's more than good. it's fucking awesome

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-18 13:45:35 (edited 2019-02-18 13:46:13)

I do think if you limit yourself to dubstep, especially as a music producer, you are missing out on an opportunity to create something really special.

While I'm happy to knock a dubstep banger for anyone who asks, I would always encourage that something brand new is always more exciting. It could lead to something amazing!

When writing, I think it's important to incorporate elements of everything if you feel it can elevate something else. For example, you could take the sheer power and aggression of dubstep and use these elements to subvert a totally different genre.

https://linktr.ee/wobwobrob

Game Audio Designer based in UK

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-25 09:16:11

I sure hope it doesn't. Imagine you watching a heartfelt moment in a movie and instead of playing sad music they're just blaring dubstep

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-02-27 01:21:19

Imagine if mary poppins had dubstep, no seriously, classical is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5_0AGdFic

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-03-02 18:50:21

sorry. i like house music more.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep is the future... 2019-03-03 08:58:43

How could there ever possibly be only one genre unless it's a extreme dictatorial mandated genre and the only one accepted unless you want to be shot on sight?

Maybe then there would only be one genre. If you literally killed everyone who listened to anything else.

Wait didn't George Orwell write a book about that? Hmm... Yep. You have heard of 1984, right?

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature