00:00

Why America is a Shitty Country

547 Views | 53 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 00:21:07

In one picture

iu_6792_6838324.jpg

Discuss

Life, is only heavy and none else; there is only the one trip, all heavy. Heavy that leads to the grave. For everyone and everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 00:30:06

Faster to post vid than pic:

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 00:31:38

I agree

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 00:33:37

At 2/10/19 12:30 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: Faster to post vid than pic:

I've never been prouder to be American than right now

At 2/10/19 12:31 AM, solitonmedic wrote: I agree

no one cares if you agree, you're a fuckin dick smoke

Life, is only heavy and none else; there is only the one trip, all heavy. Heavy that leads to the grave. For everyone and everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 00:39:30

NAwww AMerica is pretty good. They got KFC and stuff, also awesome sweets and snacks.

I'm Monstercat..

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 00:44:45

At 2/10/19 12:33 AM, FredArctor wrote:
no one cares if you agree, you're a fuckin dick smoke

You care.

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 00:56:10

At 2/10/19 12:39 AM, AudioMachina22 wrote: NAwww AMerica is pretty good. They got KFC and stuff, also awesome sweets and snacks.

KFC is my favourite fast food, so naturally I'm curious about the differences in the chain across international borders. I've tried it in at least 7 countries now and bottom of the ladder is easily the US. I suspect the Vietnamese KFC gave me food poisoning but eating the food was still more enjoyable than what I tried in the States.

America's got some good shit, for sure. But I don't count KFC among it.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 01:05:35

At 2/10/19 12:56 AM, FIGMENTUM wrote:
At 2/10/19 12:39 AM, AudioMachina22 wrote: NAwww AMerica is pretty good. They got KFC and stuff, also awesome sweets and snacks.
KFC is my favourite fast food, so naturally I'm curious about the differences in the chain across international borders. I've tried it in at least 7 countries now and bottom of the ladder is easily the US. I suspect the Vietnamese KFC gave me food poisoning but eating the food was still more enjoyable than what I tried in the States.

America's got some good shit, for sure. But I don't count KFC among it.

You merican?

I'm Monstercat..

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 01:41:21

Ah yes, the true face of America.

Is the rock ok?

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 05:43:28

At 2/10/19 12:21 AM, FredArctor wrote: In one picture

In another picture

iu_6817_2278460.jpg

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 07:34:54

At 2/10/19 05:43 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
In another picture

This is so depressingly true. Think I'll save this picture...

Check out the New Review Crew / Hexalist #49 (Jan)

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 09:09:19

At 2/10/19 07:34 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
In another picture
This is so depressingly true. Think I'll save this picture...

Feel free, I stole it myself.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 09:35:52

At 2/10/19 09:09 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: Feel free, I stole it myself.

It's a steal.

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 09:58:32

Do you wanna find love in Alabama? Michigan? Minnesooota yeah?

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 10:07:24

Living in this country is like slowly being absorbed in the stomach of a huge fat guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 10:09:17

At 2/10/19 10:07 AM, Jerkwithaheartofgold wrote: Living in this country is like slowly being absorbed in the stomach of a huge fat guy.

a vore fanfiction where america and the uk devour all the countries

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 10:24:23

At 2/10/19 10:09 AM, MrSnackmix wrote:
At 2/10/19 10:07 AM, Jerkwithaheartofgold wrote: Living in this country is like slowly being absorbed in the stomach of a huge fat guy.

Kinda painted a picture in my head there, deep regret is all I know.

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 10:48:53

At 2/10/19 10:24 AM, MrSnackmix wrote:
At 2/10/19 10:09 AM, MrSnackmix wrote:
Kinda painted a picture in my head there, deep regret is all I know.

ah, Mr. Snackmix. What would I do without you.

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 11:19:22

dude not cool i didn't give you permission to reupload my selfie im telling on you

BBS Signature

At 2/10/19 07:34 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/10/19 05:43 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: In another picture
This is so depressingly true.

*puts hands up* I don’t see how it’s true. To me, it looks like another comic that’s jaded at men-in-suits.

As a breakdown, you’ve got a guy who’s used all available resources to get to the other side. What’re the trees meant to represent? If it’s store space, the self-made guy would have also had a tough time getting across while the previous self-made guy from the 80’s flips him off on the other side.

What’s the rope-and-saw meant to represent? What tools did the bloke-in-a-suit monopolise?

If this pic represented real life, that pleb on the bank would quit bitching about the lack of trees and find another way to get across immediately.

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 13:26:03

Yep, just another one of those “America is shitty” arguments that is more about cultural posturing, (aka ignorance) and pointing out outdated or overblown stereotypes, than actual facts.

It almost makes me want to give a “you should be grateful” statement, but I know that’ll fall on deaf ears.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 15:11:58

In another picture

yeah, something like that...

At 2/10/19 01:26 PM, orangebomb wrote: Yep, just another one of those “America is shitty” arguments that is more about cultural posturing, (aka ignorance) and pointing out outdated or overblown stereotypes, than actual facts.

It almost makes me want to give a “you should be grateful” statement, but I know that’ll fall on deaf ears.

You are just, a humorless black hole that sucks the fun out of everything around him while managing to be up his own ass fighting for air at the same time, you sir, are a dickhead, learn to laugh.

At 2/10/19 09:58 AM, MrSnackmix wrote: Do you wanna find love in Alabama? Michigan? Minnesooota yeah?

You'll never be lonely at cousins only...

iu_6887_6838324.jpg

iu_6886_6838324.jpg

BBS Signature

At 2/10/19 12:33 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: *puts hands up* I don’t see how it’s true. To me, it looks like another comic that’s jaded at men-in-suits.

As a breakdown, you’ve got a guy who’s used all available resources to get to the other side. What’re the trees meant to represent? If it’s store space, the self-made guy would have also had a tough time getting across while the previous self-made guy from the 80’s flips him off on the other side.

What’s the rope-and-saw meant to represent? What tools did the bloke-in-a-suit monopolise?

If this pic represented real life, that pleb on the bank would quit bitching about the lack of trees and find another way to get across immediately.

To me it represents a culture built upon exploitation. Capitalism in it's essence. All progress is at the expense of someone else. I mean it's not all bad, but regarding context of image:

If someone gets rich importing cheap bananas for example, chances are there's someone growing those bananas at devastating low-wage somewhere else in the world, so: the man exploits those other individuals to jump a level in the pyramid. It's not as much natural resources as a modern slave trade, where people in a low-income situation are forced to make the rich man richer, all the while they never manage to get anywhere themselves, yet people can occasionally climb out of the mass by exploiting a new opportunity that presents itself. A new drug? Exploit it. A new war? Sell weapons. Company about to crash? Short-sell stocks. The man on the upper level exploited whatever opportunity was presented to him, and that opportunity is now gone. At whatever sacrifice for others, he's managed to further himself. Take Monsanto selling GMO crops to Indian farmers, who then become reliant on Monsanto to buy additional crops when their old ones disappear, and pesticides specifically manufactured for these new crops, and kill themselves when they realize this just isn't sustainable, and their old crops were actually better. Take Coca Cola tapping out all the water in a small Mexican city, and then selling Coca Cola in that town at a price cheaper than water, creating a market that's entirely dependent on them. Those old crops are the trees cut down. That lake. Whatever opportunity there was that the second tier exploited to make it to the other side, while the man left behind stands there with nothing.

Could apply to the copyright industry too. To so many other venues. All the giants who want to turn of a profit off of something yet at the same time, obviously, don't want anyone else to do the same. It's not a system that encourages fair competition, but rather to do whatever it takes to get ahead, and build your dreams out of the corpses of those who stand in their way. That's what this picture seems to imply to me. The depressing state of the union, where greed's overtaken all other virtues, and power-hungry monopolies claim free reign over the markets they manipulate. But of course, it's applicable on a smaller scale too, at it's essence: the scenario above.

The one thing that doesn't really make sense is that the man who built the bridge tells the other man to make his own, knowing there's no way he can do so, the viewer knows this of course, but it wouldn't be as illustrative if he didn't say it too.

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-10 23:47:30

Everyone's grown so entitled and with a big head because of how glorified the country has been made over the decades. "Land of the free home of the great" shit. These same morons think those with an actual intelligence think they're the ones that are entitled and "need to get out of their country if we hate it so much".

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-11 00:13:10

Discuss

You could just post a picture of an angry orange and youll have the same results. Bleh America. I love Canada too much. Detroit is ok for a visit but not to live. I know more places in USA are better and not like that city but that is where I experienced America. I was suppost to go to Las Vegas with @XwaynecoltX years ago but he ditched me......cest la vie

~~ JOIN the Late Night Lounge ~---------------------------------The man who hates me----------------------------------~ JOIN The TV Show Fanatics Club ~~

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-11 00:25:19

This sums up my views on the political discourse of my country right now:

Outdated ideals and crackpot solutions with a face you can trust.

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-11 13:04:02

At 2/10/19 03:15 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: To me it represents a culture built upon exploitation. Capitalism in it's essence. All progress is at the expense of someone else. I mean it's not all bad, but regarding context of image:

It's a country that committed genocide for the land, then enslaved other people to work the land, and built it up with stolen arab gold left over from the crusades, then it preached justice and tolerance, while being intolerant to anyone who doesnt think exactly like them, and they will impose their will with extreme force, while talking about peace, it's a joke of a country, and it may be a super power now, but thats already waning, its only at best a 400 year old failed experiment.

If someone gets rich importing cheap bananas for example, chances are there's someone growing those bananas at devastating low-wage somewhere else in the world, so: the man exploits those other individuals to jump a level in the pyramid. It's not as much natural resources as a modern slave trade, where people in a low-income situation are forced to make the rich man richer, all the while they never manage to get anywhere themselves, yet people can occasionally climb out of the mass by exploiting a new opportunity that presents itself. A new drug? Exploit it. A new war? Sell weapons. Company about to crash? Short-sell stocks. The man on the upper level exploited whatever opportunity was presented to him, and that opportunity is now gone. At whatever sacrifice for others, he's managed to further himself. Take Monsanto selling GMO crops to Indian farmers, who then become reliant on Monsanto to buy additional crops when their old ones disappear, and pesticides specifically manufactured for these new crops, and kill themselves when they realize this just isn't sustainable, and their old crops were actually better. Take Coca Cola tapping out all the water in a small Mexican city, and then selling Coca Cola in that town at a price cheaper than water, creating a market that's entirely dependent on them. Those old crops are the trees cut down. That lake. Whatever opportunity there was that the second tier exploited to make it to the other side, while the man left behind stands there with nothing.

Every other month the fat ass little kid needs a newer and better cell phone, they dont know, or would they care, that asians building them are literally jumping to their deaths because they spend 18 hours a day building apple products and still cant afford a decent meal, while johnny fat ass only eats half his plate and throws the rest of the food out.

The one thing that doesn't really make sense is that the man who built the bridge tells the other man to make his own, knowing there's no way he can do so, the viewer knows this of course, but it wouldn't be as illustrative if he didn't say it too.

the rich claim they put money into the economy, and it all trickles down to us, and therefore their being rich way beyond what theyd need to be happy is good for us that have no money, basically we're supposed to build a bridge from the sawdust of their bridge

At 2/10/19 11:47 PM, Abbyka wrote: Everyone's grown so entitled and with a big head because of how glorified the country has been made over the decades. "Land of the free home of the great" shit. These same morons think those with an actual intelligence think they're the ones that are entitled and "need to get out of their country if we hate it so much".

yeah the days of " America love it or leave it " are back in full force, and thats unamerican as hell, as an american, my job is complain about something when i dont like it, and make my voice heard in a peaceful manner, and hope others agree with me and things change, i dont just blindly follow someone who has fucked up ideas about the world and a godamn eagle bumpersticker...

At 2/11/19 12:25 AM, JosephStarr wrote: This sums up my views on the political discourse of my country right now:

totally what it is right now, lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-11 13:39:37

America was built on free government hand outs.

Every last brick of it.

"Free 40 acres and a mule" was the promise, and lots of folks cashed in.

The entire purpose of the constitution was to institutionalize Welfare with a capital W.

My psychobilly band Los Psychosis.Me playing Psychobilly accordion.

HATE.

Because how else do you explain 1.2 million years of perpetual war?

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-11 18:26:23

Wow, for someone saying to me that I should take a joke, you’re sure taking this seriously.

At 2/11/19 01:04 PM, FredArctor wrote:

It's a country that committed genocide for the land, then enslaved other people to work the land, and built it up with stolen arab gold left over from the crusades, then it preached justice and tolerance, while being intolerant to anyone who doesnt think exactly like them, and they will impose their will with extreme force, while talking about peace.

That’s not just us, that’s about 90% of Westernized countries, and considering that we came from a Western country in Great Britain, it’s hard not say we didn’t learn from dad.

This is EXACTLY why I grow annoyed with the “America sux” argument, when Europe and Japan has done far worse things to other people for centuries, and had shitty governments to boot that would make Donald Trump seem tolerant by comparison. But when we do something that should be in our best interest, the idiots flip their shit and say it’s the worst thing in the world. Geez, the ignorance and hypocrisy is so alarming that I can’t take this as a joke.

Every other month the fat ass little kid needs a newer and better cell phone, they dont know, or would they care, that asians building them are literally jumping to their deaths because they spend 18 hours a day building apple products and still cant afford a decent meal, while johnny fat ass only eats half his plate and throws the rest of the food out.

Well I can tell you love using strawman stereotypes, especially when they aren’t related to the argument at hand.

First of all, why would Johnny fatass bother you over a phone or something? Getting pissy over what people do that is outside of your control simply makes you look petty and childish. Second, what does this have to do with the topic at hand, other than the typical “American excess” bullshit?

I get that there are a lot of conspicuous consumption that is floating around in society, but even then, having a total bitchfit over this doesn’t solve the problem and if anything, you are only adding on the problem on how people should spend their time and money, and it just so happens that it’s not going your way.

yeah the days of " America love it or leave it " are back in full force, and thats unamerican as hell, as an american, my job is complain about something when i dont like it, and make my voice heard in a peaceful manner, and hope others agree with me and things change, i dont just blindly follow someone who has fucked up ideas about the world and a godamn eagle bumpersticker...

How? How is it back? I take it that you have been living under a rock the last couple of years, because the majority of folks in America have been talking shit about our government and to other people of their ilk, and there has been no clampdowns of speech or assembly. (If anything, Trump has actually emboldened both the liberals and conservative side of politics, for better and worse.)

Before you point out Neo-Nazis/alt-right groups, keep in mind that while they are under the same protections of free speech/assembly and so forth, they have demonstrably been proven to be the very same scourge that we have been dealing with for decades.

If vigorous protests and repudiation of Trump and his allies over his policies is considered Un-American to you, then I don’t know what in the fuck will convince you otherwise. Since you said you are an American, it baffles me that you couldn’t put two and two together, which makes me think you fell asleep in civics class, but I digress.

Bottom line is simple, all you doing is making yourself either an ungrateful ass who doesn’t know how good we have it, even with all of the anchors we are placed on us, (self-inflicted certainly, but not without possibility to remove them) or you really haven’t been paying any attention to what’s going on that isn’t some sort of ill-informed gasbag tabloid.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Why America is a Shitty Country 2019-02-11 18:40:31

At 2/11/19 06:26 PM, orangebomb wrote: Wow, for someone saying to me that I should take a joke, you’re sure taking this seriously.

he had a serious reply therein so i reciprocated, you just cry all over everything, when a thread is meant to be funny, and you get all butthurt what else would i say but you're a butthurt? its ok, you win, i know thats important to you, have a hotpocket, enjoy a nice glass of mountain dew, and revel in the greatness that is you

butthurt faggot

BBS Signature