00:00
00:00

FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song!

3,194 Views | 71 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

PLEASE DO NOT POST COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD! Instead redirect them to the NAC General Discussion Thread.

WELCOME TO THE TWENTY-SIXTH OFFICIAL NAC!

The NAC Team and @TomFulp is pleased to bring you Febuary's theme: Cheesy Love Song!

Cheesy Love Song? But what does that mean Chron?

Well, here is how it works:

Contest Focus

Basically it's a pretty simple concept. Since these NACs haven't been done for a very long time and the userbase isn't what it used to be - the first few nacs will focus on simple concepts aimed at elevating talent and offering improvement to better the userbase.

With this months NAC vocals will be very much encouraged - basically make a love song, but make it as cheesy as possible. Sugary, over the top, just go all out! Valentines day is right around the corner, so put away your single bitterness and show us some LOOOVE!

Contest Criteria

Pretty simple for this one - use your imagination! We are looking for cheesy almost to the point of parody. Even cringe worthy but in a well constructed and well-mastered way.

---

Examples

quarl y u running around in da water :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ssCL292DQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQKqp_rZbVk

and here is just some examples to get an idea of some cheese/parody factors.

Covers and Remixes

Not allowed for this contest. We wanna see what you are capable of doing :)

---

Voices

Pretty much mandatory. Just make sure they conform to these guidelines:

1) They are not sampled from copyrighted recordings.

2) They are 100% your own recording and creation (or someone who has given you permission)

3) You can ask another artist or group to provide vocals, as long as all material is newly created for your submission, and you provide the details of the vocalist(s), who they are.

Ask around if you need a vocalist - I know users like @Troisnyx and @Hania sing, maybe they will if you ask nicely :)

Instruments & Collabbing

Recordings of instruments are great! If you do kudos to you! Recording of vocals is super great too. As a result if someone assists you with vocals you may include them as part of your song - just make sure to mention them in your song description. The prize however will only go to the user that submitted the song.

---

Deadlines

All tracks must be in by the deadline. Please check your Newgrounds in-boxes regularly. If you have a problem with reaching the deadlines, please contact us as soon as possible, and we will review your case.

Submissions must not contain any material deemed offensive.

AND NO SUBMITTING MUSIC THAT WASN'T MADE DURING THE MONTH OF THE CONTEST!

and if I missed any rule and you are unsure - please look through previous month's NAC threads - all rules have been listed at some point or other, or in the nac discussion thread. I don't have to answer your questions as all has been addressed at some point or other. Use some initiative!

Last but not least, remember to have fun! Don't get too competitive and/or elitist, or I may have to bash some heads! :P

-shawn (Chronamut)-

iu_5114_5243319.gif

Set Dates & Deadlines For Contest

From now till 11:59 PM EST Friday Febuary 22nd: Submissions will be accepted.

Sunday, February 24th: The 8 finalists will be announced, and their submissions will be closely scrutinized and reviewed by our finalist judges. NO BUTTHURT WHINING PLEASE.

also no pulling a Kanye West please.

Friday, March 1st: The top 4 will be announced by our finalist judges, as well as frontpaged the next Monday by one of the mods. (if no other big contest comes first)

winners may also be posted on the second, in case of emergencies or me being too busy for some reason on the 1st..

---

The finalist judges for the Remix NAC are...

To be determined - I will be taking offers from anyone interested - so PM me if you are interested. We prefer judges who have been around the block a few times on newgrounds - as evidenced by the all-star lineup we had in the past.

Also keep in mind that as a finalist judge you only have ONE WEEK to judge the 8 submissions, so if this is an issue for you, or you think you might not be able to pull through, then PLEASE DON'T OFFER!

We will pick the top three from the 8 finalists.

---

PRIZES

1st Place: Supporter Status by tom, weekly feature*, reviewed by all judges, 1st place sig (opt.) donated prize (opt.)**

2nd Place: Supporter Status by tom, weekly feature*, reviewed by all judges, 2nd place sig (opt.) donated prize (opt.)**

3rd Place: Supporter Status by tom, weekly feature*, reviewed by all judges, 3rd place sig (opt.) donated prize (opt.) **

4th Place: weekly feature*, reviewed by all judges, 4th place sig (opt.)

5th Place: reviewed by all judges

6th Place: reviewed by all judges

7th Place: reviewed by all judges

8th Place: reviewed by all judges

*weekly feature is not a guarantee - if another big contest takes precedence that month you may not get featured - sorry.
**donated prizes only available if prizes are donated to the NAC. If less than 3 are donated 1st and 2nd place will get priority in that order.

---

Please post your submissions in this thread!

This is easy. Just simply post your song link into the text window like you would a web page link! (Don't use the link button)

Remember to have fun, be creative, and good luck!

-shawn (Chronamut)-

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-06 23:11:19

At 2/6/19 11:07 PM, jackbliss wrote: My submissions for Feb Nac 2019 - Cheesy Love Song

//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/402914

//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/628143

sorry dude, but as the rules state, you have to have made the song within the month of the contest - you can't just find a song of your old stuff that fit and slap it in. Gotta make it new - try again!

Both pieces are disqualified.

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-07 18:04:04

i pick out for a superhero romance theme this valentine's day

i am 1# newgrounds first celebrity,call me ninja kitty,i am a guardian christian of canada

BBS Signature

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-07 19:08:38

At 2/7/19 06:04 PM, jillroller400 wrote: i pick out for a superhero romance theme this valentine's day

Cool! Can't wait to see what you cook up!

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-07 20:19:19

i call this a love song, but dunno, maybe it sounds too angry love, like BDSM

I have no one style.

- Oscar Peterson

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-09 22:07:39

At 2/9/19 05:31 PM, biyaonibakasan wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/814947

why not i give it a try, despite i kinda ruin my own originality but it is my originality.
and i think this is the reason why am still single .-. aibidldyxj

//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/804908

ok this is kinda insulting - did NONE of you read the rules..?

you can NOT submit a song that you did not make during the month of the contest. Stop being lazy, read the rules, and make a new song.

Both songs are disqualified.

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-09 22:13:36

you can NOT submit a song that you did not make during the month of the contest. Stop being lazy, read the rules, and make a new song.

my bad, i misunderstood.

At 2/9/19 10:13 PM, biyaonibakasan wrote:

my bad, i misunderstood.

For ANY of these kinds of contests you should never submit music you've made in the past - the point of a contest is to make music in the time frame of that contest - not just find an old song of yours that fits the criteria and link it. It disrespects the contest and those that actually took the time to make it for that contest. It shouldn't even be about misunderstanding - you simply should never do that for a monthly contest on newgrounds - make it new and make it geared to the contest please.

To re-iterate, this rule has applied to ALL nacs in the past and will apply to ALL nacs in the future. That applies to any submissions that are posted for this contest going forward. Please read the rules in their entirety before posting - they are listed at the end of the first post in the thread of every NAC.

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-12 04:04:04

At 2/1/19 12:14 PM, IoTheEternal wrote: Set Dates & Deadlines For Contest

Sunday, February 24th: The 8 finalists will be announced, and their submissions will be closely scrutinized and reviewed by our finalist judges. NO BUTTHURT WHINING PLEASE.

Friday, March 1st: The top 4 will be announced by our finalist judges, as well as frontpaged the next Monday by one of the mods. (if no other big contest comes first)

---

To be determined - I will be taking offers from anyone interested - so PM me if you are interested. We prefer judges who have been around the block a few times on newgrounds - as evidenced by the all-star lineup we had in the past.

Also keep in mind that as a finalist judge you only have ONE WEEK to judge the 8 submissions, so if this is an issue for you, or you think you might not be able to pull through, then PLEASE DON'T OFFER!

---

PRIZES

1st Place: Supporter Status by tom, weekly feature*, reviewed by all judges, 1st place sig (opt.) donated prize (opt.)**
2nd Place: Supporter Status by tom, weekly feature*, reviewed by all judges, 2nd place sig (opt.) donated prize (opt.)**
3rd Place: Supporter Status by tom, weekly feature*, reviewed by all judges, 3rd place sig (opt.) donated prize (opt.) **

---

This is easy. Just simply post your song link into the text window like you would a web page link! (Don't use the link button)

-shawn (Chronamut)-

Can it be like a bitter sweet love song?

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-12 10:12:02

At 2/12/19 04:04 AM, GobBageEata wrote:

---

---

PRIZES

---

-shawn (Chronamut)-

as long as its cheesy

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-12 13:42:24

At 2/12/19 10:12 AM, IoTheEternal wrote:

---

---

PRIZES

---

-shawn (Chronamut)-
as long as its cheesy

shit i'll try hahaha

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-12 14:57:36

At 2/12/19 01:42 PM, GobBageEata wrote:
At 2/12/19 10:12 AM, IoTheEternal wrote:

---

---

PRIZES

---

-shawn (Chronamut)-
as long as its cheesy
shit i'll try hahaha

the point of the contest is to challenge yourself hehe :P

Well, that was fun. Here is my submission. Thanks for prompting me to make this :)

Edit: Here's the description (lyrics are on the song page)

This is just a weird concept I've been wanting to try for a while--the idea of your old computer singing you a love song, missing the way you used to boot it up, play with it, etc. Saw the 2019 Feb. NAC ("cheesy love songs") and thought I'd give it a shot. Turned out to be a super fun and relaxing way to spend an evening. The voice and instruments come from Melody Assistant and Virtual Singer, which are both pretty old software from the late 90's-early 2000's. Melody Assistant is nostalgic for me because it's the software I first composed on, so it was a treat to open up that application again for the first time in a while. And the voice sounds a lot like the SimpleText program on my first computer, which ran Macintosh 7 I believe.

The lyrics are below, and unfortunately they're necessary as the voice clarity/quality is not good. Some of the words got garbled (not sure exactly why "games" was so hard for it to pronounce?) but hopefully that won't decrease the entertainment value too much.

Obviously this was just done for a lark; not a ton of effort was put into this but it was very fun to try out the idea and see what could be done with it in the space of an evening. Hope you enjoy.

BBS Signature

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-13 16:14:29

Will an entry be rejected if it has no lyrics? I have a song done for this, it's just minus voc's.

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-13 16:49:09

At 2/13/19 04:14 PM, Shima33 wrote: Will an entry be rejected if it has no lyrics? I have a song done for this, it's just minus voc's.

Yes as the rules state lyrics are mandatory.

I wrote and recorded this today in response to the competition prompt.

Here are the lyrics:

Babybel, you know I want you.

So what you gonna fondue about it?

Ain't no use bein' blue,

When we go together like ham and swiss

Ooooo, will you make me say please?

Carpe queso, seize the cheese!

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-13 21:56:33

This is my song for the contest:

If you like it, I'll post the YouTube video where I sing it!

If you don't, I will do that anyway!

This is my entry for FEB NAC 2019 Good luck, everyone!

3rd Place of the February NAC 2019!

BBS Signature

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-14 02:00:57

I forgot to post the lyrics here hahaha

Lyrics:

Here i am with tequila

My love for you moves like a naturally wave

“Dontchya know that I need ya”

In a message that I never gave

These candy hearts ain’t my thing now

Just a way to remember yer name

And all these thoughts that I keep ‘round

Light my head up like an open flame

But it’s cool, i’ll see you soon 

Valentina, oh my darling

We could drunk dance on the moon

Valentina, oh my darling

No more feeling blue

Valentina, oh my darling

I only have eyes for you

Valentina

Ooo

I don’t care if yer a diva

I can be there every step of the way

Friends say “wouldn’t wanna be ya”

But who needs em at the end of the day

We’re all that we need now

Those people always left ya drained

Don’t keep me hanging on a rain cloud

With my heart all beaten up and maimed 

But it’s cool, i’ll see you soon 

Valentina, oh my darling

We could drunk dance on the moon

Valentina, oh my darling

No more feeling blue

Valentina, oh my darling

I only have eyes for you

Valentina

Ooo

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-16 09:35:39

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/848636?updated=1550327482

This will likely be mine. WIP at the moment but nearly there. Will remove the samples such as the Eastenders track at the end, for it to qualify.

Well out of my comfort zone with this competition.. spent hours recording the same bits over and over, so hard without a decent mic setup. It's like, making the backing track ~ 30 mins. Writing the lyrics ~ 1 hour. Recording = all day KTFO.

The theme of this is set after your typical love story. When the two actually have to live together day in day out and end up bickering all the time!

Want a review lemme know! Collab, remix, tips, whatever, just get in touch.

BBS Signature

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-18 07:46:49

My Submission

Soundcloud (HQ):

https://soundcloud.com/zelzn/i-love-cheesiness

Lyrics:

Intro:

When you are gone

You’re the one I’m thinking of

The only one

That I want to truly love

One only place

My heart can resolve of

My love for you is never ending

The time is now

Can you believe I’m here

Within your arms

Please never let me go my dear

And in the stars

Our lives will always appear

For with you, I’ll always be standing

Chorus:

I love cheesiness

Loving you for the rest of my life

I love cheesiness

Having you right next to my side

I love cheesiness

Missing all the times that we may share

I love cheesiness

That is why I really need you to be there

Mid:

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Good songs are great

And you are too

When hearts collide

You will find

The place in my arms

And always be mine (Oh yea!)

With this guitar

I will serenade 

Your life away

And forever you’ll stay

With me, you’ll see

And be amazed that

We are we.

Bridge:

When you go and leave me alone

I don’t know where I’m going

I need to stay with you

Cause I don’t know what to do

When I’m here all by myself

You are here to be by my side

And I know you will be here for me

Chorus:

I love cheesiness

Loving you for the rest of my life

I love cheesiness

Having you right next to my side

I love cheesiness

Missing all the times that we may share

I love cheesiness

That is why I really need you to be there

Finale:

Na’s and La’s on repeat

This was a fun song to work on!

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

Response to FEB NAC 2019 - Cheesy Love Song! 2019-02-18 18:45:15

At 2/13/19 04:14 PM, Shima33 wrote: Will an entry be rejected if it has no lyrics? I have a song done for this, it's just minus voc's.

ill sing for you

BBS Signature