00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES

12,196 Views | 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-01-30 06:46:54

Fan of RPGs? Ready to earn some money by putting your art skills to the test? Then do I have the competition for you. This might be a particularly good opportunity now with such a massive influx of artists seeking refuge from the Tumblapocalypse.

If you’ve been around Newgrounds for a while you might know me from a few of my old games that have done well (JUGGERNAUT, Ender Story, etc). I’ve now got a game that has just released today on Steam, Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage! It’s a fantasy RPG taking elements from Western games like Baldur’s Gate and the Elder Scrolls, as well as Eastern games like Dragon Quest and Zelda. To celebrate the release, I’m hosting an art contest with CASH PRIZES!

The prizes are as follows:

• 1st place: $100
  • 2nd place: $60
  • 3rd place: $30
  • 4th place: $20
  • 5th place: $10
  • Runners Up: Free Steam codes for Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage.

To enter you simply need to draw a character, race, scene or basically anything related to Tale of Enki that you desire. Go wild! I encourage you to buy the game here to get some ideas, but I've done numerous posts about it and there are Let's Plays on YouTube for reference. Upload your piece to the art portal and make sure to tag it with "taleofenki" (without the quotation marks) so we can find it to judge.

The deadline for the competition is the 28th of February 2019. Any submissions, no matter how high quality they may, will be accepted after that date just to be fair to the other contestants. I’ll be checking my PMs here, on Twitter, my emails and this thread so if you’ve got any questions then just let me know one way or another and I’ll get back to you ASAP.

Happy drawing, folks! I can’t wait to see what everybody can come up with.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-01-30 07:46:30

Hi, best of luck. Hope that this comes under @TomFulp’s attention to help raise awareness. :)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-01-30 08:03:18

At 1/30/19 07:46 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Hi, best of luck. Hope that this comes under @TomFulp’s attention to help raise awareness. :)

Thanks for the support! I spoke to him about this last month and he was very supportive. He said he's going to plug it in a news post pin it to the calendar. One of the many reasons I love this community so much. The head guy actually cares.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-01-30 13:02:55

Sounds interesting. I'll see if I have the time to cook something up.

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-01-30 13:11:53

At 1/30/19 01:02 PM, ZetoSoul wrote: Sounds interesting. I'll see if I have the time to cook something up.

I hope so! Your monkey pals picture has a very cool style to it.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-01-30 13:24:33

I think I'll give it a shot!

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-01-30 13:33:43

At 1/30/19 01:24 PM, BadTyk3 wrote: I think I'll give it a shot!

Nice! Can't wait to see the result.

Going to update the main post with a few additional points too.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-01-30 13:37:25

Okay, so I can't edit the main post anymore by the looks of things, but i wanted to address a few additional points just in case it helps people.

• You can submit more than one entry, but you'll only be eligible for one prize.
  • You can submit as many entries as you like and the one we deem best will be the one considered for a prize.
  • NSFW are permitted.

If anybody has additional questions that I haven't answered, just let me know.

BBS Signature

I hope things will get interesting to see some talented Ng and tumblr refugee users post their entry. I'm eager to see some awesome fan arts of this game soon!

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-01-30 18:10:51

Im in.

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-01-30 18:11:36

At 1/30/19 05:57 PM, ScepterDPinoy wrote: I hope things will get interesting to see some talented Ng and tumblr refugee users post their entry. I'm eager to see some awesome fan arts of this game soon!

I really hope this is a good event for the newly expanded community. I think it's the first big art contest since all the Tumblr business went down? I know there's been Pixel Day, but that wasn't solely dedicated to art.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-01-31 09:14:01

At 1/30/19 06:46 AM, TheEnkian wrote: The deadline for the competition is the 28th of February 2019. Any submissions, no matter how high quality they may, will be accepted after that date just to be fair to the other contestants. I’ll be checking my PMs here, on Twitter, my emails and this thread so if you’ve got any questions then just let me know one way or another and I’ll get back to you ASAP.

Just been pointed out to me that I said submissions after the deadline will be accepted. That was meant to be "will not" rather than "will". My bad!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-01-31 11:45:12

Very cool, I’ll have to throw my hat in the ring.

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-01-31 11:47:14

At 1/31/19 11:45 AM, Kexezi wrote: Very cool, I’ll have to throw my hat in the ring.

Glad to hear it!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-01-31 12:19:22

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-02-01 13:53:04

Color me interested! Are small animated GIFs. allowed?

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-02-01 14:02:24

At 2/1/19 01:53 PM, KeithGarces wrote: Color me interested! Are small animated GIFs. allowed?

They absolutely are!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-02-01 14:14:59

At 2/1/19 02:02 PM, TheEnkian wrote:
At 2/1/19 01:53 PM, KeithGarces wrote: Color me interested! Are small animated GIFs. allowed?
They absolutely are!

Solid! I've actually been looking for a new RPG to sink into so I'm excited to give this a look when I get the chance.

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-02-03 09:31:55

Here's a link to our press kit in case anybody needs high res illustrations as a guide for the characters.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-02-11 10:19:31

At 2/10/19 09:33 PM, UchihaRei wrote: This is awesome, I already submitted mine I hope I have time to submit one more.

Nice! I just saw both of your pieces when I was doing my daily check up. Drusilla looks like she's proving especially popular to draw.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-02-15 16:34:22

iu_7785_5429960.pngis a ninja kitty turning japanese and this call "turning japanese"

i am 1# newgrounds first celebrity,call me ninja kitty,i am a guardian christian of canada

BBS Signature

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-02-16 14:38:45

So we've got just under two weeks now before the deadline. Some very strong entries so far and I'm hoping to see a few more before the time is up!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-02-16 18:41:48

id love to give this a try :)

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-02-16 19:43:46

At 2/16/19 06:41 PM, Desuni wrote: id love to give this a try :)

Go for it!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-02-17 12:28:16

At 2/16/19 07:43 PM, TheEnkian wrote:
Go for it!

i did not notice the notice about this until now, but there is still time!

i think i am going to check out details when I am home again! I mostly sketch! it would be fun to have a reason to actually complete an image!

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-02-17 17:02:37

At 2/17/19 12:28 PM, MincyMatsu wrote:
At 2/16/19 07:43 PM, TheEnkian wrote:
Go for it!
i did not notice the notice about this until now, but there is still time!

i think i am going to check out details when I am home again! I mostly sketch! it would be fun to have a reason to actually complete an image!

Sketches are also welcome if you're short on time!

BBS Signature

im in aswell

Response to NG Art Competition - CASH PRIZES 2019-02-20 15:31:10

At 2/20/19 01:58 PM, ElkDarkshire wrote: im in aswell

Nice! I'm very excited to see your piece.

BBS Signature