00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 186 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

VOICE ACTORS (multiple)NEEDED(16+)

157 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Greetings to whoever is reading this

(Before we go on, THIS IS A FREE, NON-PAYMENT GIG, I ALREADY BLEW, LIKE 90 % OF MY BUDGET...sorry about that)

(also, I prefer older volunteers, who have a fully-developed voice, THE CREATION/PROJECT IN QUESTION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SEXUAL THEMES, DRUGS, ADULT TOPICS AND ETC)

I'm a stop motion animator, and have been working on similar content for multiple years. Now I'm doing my thesis assignment so that I could graduate, get my designer's bachelor degree and start working at a fast food joint (too real?).

Basically, here's the deal.

I'm making a tribute video for Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy". And while my assignment is inspired by D's novels, the assignment itself is completely original (as in, i made the whole thing up, NONE OF THIS happens in the books nor the movie). The assignment is due by May (2019), which gives me a decent amount of time (not a lot doe...we're talking about stop motion animation here) to produce an animation of decent quality.

If you're familiar with Douglas Adams or his work, then great, if not, he mainly focused on ridiculous sci-fi themes, with sections that defiled any and/or all logic. There's no particular genre nor label I could pin and use to define his work, but I always called it "Spacey-psychedelic-slapstick-stuff".

If ya want to know more about his work, feel free to contact me, as one of the major points of my thesis assignment is to notify the general public about his creations (yeah....very humble of me).

I'm still at the pre-production phase, although the main production phase will start in a couple of weeks, which means that I will be extremely busy (I'm doing the entire thing by myself). So, Instead of writing this post when I reach the post-production phase, I figured...better safe than sorry, and might as well do it before I start making anything.

The characters I need voiced are:

-Zaphod Beeblebrox- For this male character, I need a voice that emphasizes his egomaniacal personality. Slightly goofy, but not dumb. As for his accent, I would prefer an American accent, but British is okay too.

-Ford Perfect- For this male character, I need a voice of reason combined with a sense of doubt. A normal-sounding guy, with abnormal duties and tasks. As for his accent, I need him to sound American/British (either is good).

-Arthur Dent- For this male character, I need a voice of insecurity and self-doubt. Very low self-esteem, and he only feels tranquility when he's not involved in anything.As for his accent, I NEED him to sound British.

-Deep Thought- For this male/female character, I need a calm, yet serious voice. An all-knowing computer, who used to be worshiped as a deity, and is the only creature capable of knowing the sacred answer to an ancient question.A British or an American accent will do just fine.

That's about it. The script is still being written, although I have a couple of test-lines I'll use to determine if I could use your help or not. If you're interested, PM me, and we'll take it from there. If I notify you that I will, indeed, be needing your help, and would like to acquire you as one of my animation's voice talents, I will most likely ask you to send me your parts and lines sometime in April (2019).

All talents and voice actors will be credited, with names of their choosing.

If there are any further questions, or if I missed something, don't hesitate to contact me whenever (I'm a senior student...I'm practically a nocturnal creature).

I'll probably keep this post updated...if any applicants sign up and show interest.

Until next time, Don't panic...

-TCK