00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My country is 3th in tax evasion!

394 Views | 9 Replies

My country is 3th in tax evasion! 2019-01-21 16:56:47

Hey people,

I want to share with you today some devastating political issues, and this possibly being a strong theme for a game.

So I live in the Netherlands and I just got word from the news that my country is in the world's top 3 in tax evading countries, and basically that economic inequality is really growing. I started to read more documents this organization called Oxfam Novib published. And I have read some things that have left me devastated and angry. I will share with you some of the (for me) most impacting things:

‘If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.’ – John F. Kennedy, Inaugural Address, Jan. 20, 1961.

“The most important lesson I have learned from these decades of experience with market capitalism is that morality and justice are the fundamental prerequisites

for prosperity and economic growth. Greed is not good. The problem is that almost every authority figure – from economists to politicians to the media – tells us otherwise. Our current crisis of inequality is the direct result of this moral failure.”

“According to Oxfam’s analysis, last year 26 people owned the same wealth as the 3.8 billion people who make up the poorest half of humanity, down from 43 people the year before.”

… Now you may understand why I’m writing this to you, and the importance. This information is from Oxfam Novib a in my country relatively famous and trusted organisation. So you can be sure this information is the truth. Here is the source: https://www.oxfam.org/en/research/public-good-or-private-wealth

My friend told me, “Well, what can you do about it?”. And now I may know an answer!

This can be a really strong and thrilling theme for a game, as I just showed, there are 26 people owning the same wealth as the 3.8 billion poorest half of the planet. What about a game where you can rob these people in 26 levels and have a couple of options what to do - I personally like freedom in games - some options are:

You begin robbing just a rich corporation boss, and end with the richest people on earth.

• Kill or spare your targets
  • Make your way in shooting, or stealthily
  • Have a different effect the world (cutscenes, the media)
  • Be the boss yourself of a robbing gang

The endings I imagined are:

• Your money goes to the poor people and you are seen as a hero/ villain depending on how much people you killed
  • You keep the money yourself, you became what you swore to destroy.. And you may or may not die a horrible death.

Now, I am not a writer, I am a programmer. And my main language is Dutch, so I expect to have made an spelling error here and there. Sorry in advance.

So what.., I would love to discuss economic equality, but I may also be wanting to make a game. If so, let’s talk about it.

- GODOT gamedeveloper since 2017-

>3th

Well, that's annoying.

Bruh, did you ever hear of Panama papers? Or paradise papers?

I hate to break it to you but this problem goes far deeper than offshore bank accounts. The financial banking cartel are behind just about every single injustice you see in the world around you.

Ronald Bernard says Panama Papers is not even a scratch on the surface.

Response to My country is 3th in tax evasion! 2019-01-22 07:37:44

At 1/22/19 05:58 AM, AcidX wrote: >3th
Well, that's annoying.

Bruh, did you ever hear of Panama papers? Or paradise papers?
I hate to break it to you but this problem goes far deeper than offshore bank accounts. The financial banking cartel are behind just about every single injustice you see in the world around you.

Ronald Bernard says Panama Papers is not even a scratch on the surface.

I'm now watching more and more Ronald Bernard in the for once original (my) language.. very interesting

- GODOT gamedeveloper since 2017-

Response to My country is 3th in tax evasion! 2019-09-02 17:54:30

At 1/21/19 04:56 PM, tijmen-bechger wrote: Hey people,

I want to share with you today some devastating political issues, and this possibly being a strong theme for a game.

So I live in the Netherlands and I just got word from the news that my country is in the world's top 3 in tax evading countries, and basically that economic inequality is really growing. I started to read more documents this organization called Oxfam Novib published. And I have read some things that have left me devastated and angry. I will share with you some of the (for me) most impacting things:

‘If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.’ – John F. Kennedy, Inaugural Address, Jan. 20, 1961.

“The most important lesson I have learned from these decades of experience with market capitalism is that morality and justice are the fundamental prerequisites
for prosperity and economic growth. Greed is not good. The problem is that almost every authority figure – from economists to politicians to the media – tells us otherwise. Our current crisis of inequality is the direct result of this moral failure.”

“According to Oxfam’s analysis, last year 26 people owned the same wealth as the 3.8 billion people who make up the poorest half of humanity, down from 43 people the year before.”

… Now you may understand why I’m writing this to you, and the importance. This information is from Oxfam Novib a in my country relatively famous and trusted organisation. So you can be sure this information is the truth. Here is the source: https://www.oxfam.org/en/research/public-good-or-private-wealth

My friend told me, “Well, what can you do about it?”. And now I may know an answer!

This can be a really strong and thrilling theme for a game, as I just showed, there are 26 people owning the same wealth as the 3.8 billion poorest half of the planet. What about a game where you can rob these people in 26 levels and have a couple of options what to do - I personally like freedom in games - some options are:

You begin robbing just a rich corporation boss, and end with the richest people on earth.

The endings I imagined are:

Now, I am not a writer, I am a programmer. And my main language is Dutch, so I expect to have made an spelling error here and there. Sorry in advance.

So what.., I would love to discuss economic equality, but I may also be wanting to make a game. If so, let’s talk about it.

Tax Evasion just means that 'The Man' gets less money and you get a worse quality of life since 'The Man' uses his plundered earnings to improve your life.

Response to My country is 3th in tax evasion! 2019-09-02 17:58:00

It doesn't matter taxation is theft.

Response to My country is 3th in tax evasion! 2019-09-03 06:52:00

At 9/2/19 05:58 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: It doesn't matter taxation is theft.

No. Theft is a crime. Taxation is vital for society to function. And everywhere outside the US this is universally understood.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to My country is 3th in tax evasion! 2019-09-03 09:15:01

At 9/3/19 06:52 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 9/2/19 05:58 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: It doesn't matter taxation is theft.
No. Theft is a crime. Taxation is vital for society to function. And everywhere outside the US this is universally understood.

Apparently, there are plenty of foreign investors and even heads of state that seem to agree that taxes are theft, if they even don’t acknowledge it as such, just go look at the Panama and Paradise papers.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

At 9/3/19 09:15 AM, orangebomb wrote: Apparently, there are plenty of foreign investors and even heads of state that seem to agree that taxes are theft, if they even don’t acknowledge it as such, just go look at the Panama and Paradise papers.

most of the time its using Delaware as a tax shelter, its become the new Panama or Caymen Islands and there's possibly new legislation coming up to turn it into the new Switzerland for banking.

At 9/3/19 06:52 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: No. Theft is a crime. Taxation is vital for society to function. And everywhere outside the US this is universally understood.

anything a government can provide the free market and private companies can do better for the most part barring a few actual services.

iu_52804_1670765.png

Response to My country is 3th in tax evasion! 2019-09-03 10:37:40

At 9/3/19 09:15 AM, orangebomb wrote: Apparently, there are plenty of foreign investors and even heads of state that seem to agree that taxes are theft, if they even don’t acknowledge it as such, just go look at the Panama and Paradise papers.

I'm not sure whether this has pseudo-philosophical backing à la Tony or they know perfectly well they're being philip kindreds.

At 9/3/19 09:33 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: barring a few actual services.

So even you realise this dream of yours has flaws.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to My country is 3th in tax evasion! 2019-09-03 19:18:40

At 9/3/19 10:37 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: So even you realise this dream of yours has flaws.

Mostly the national stuff like defense and international affairs, otherwise everything at the local and state level can be done, for libertarianism government forms this would be Minarchy or a Nightwatchman State.