00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Randomly Generated Dungeon

320 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Randomly Generated Dungeon 2019-01-19 04:19:56

Hello everyone!

I'm new to newgrounds, so sorry if I make a mistake anywhere on my profile, in the community, etc.

I was planning to make a game in Unity which is going to be a randomly generated dungeon where you explore the depths and find all this cool loot and defeat enemies untill you get out... But will you?

I have already programmed the dungeon generation, so that's all done and good, you can also change some of the generation settings to your liking if you want.

All I want right now is to see if anyone wants me to continue creating the game, I mean, if you guys say "NO, THIS GAME'LL SUCK!" I'll probably still make it anyway, but I just want to see how many of you do want to see this game.

Thanks guys for reading :P (Also, I don't really know where to put this post; In the Video Games section or the Game Dev section, so I put it in both)

Response to Randomly Generated Dungeon 2019-01-19 19:34:15

At 1/19/19 04:19 AM, SeaPeaMe wrote: Hello everyone!

I'm new to newgrounds, so sorry if I make a mistake anywhere on my profile, in the community, etc.

I was planning to make a game in Unity which is going to be a randomly generated dungeon where you explore the depths and find all this cool loot and defeat enemies untill you get out... But will you?

I have already programmed the dungeon generation, so that's all done and good, you can also change some of the generation settings to your liking if you want.

All I want right now is to see if anyone wants me to continue creating the game, I mean, if you guys say "NO, THIS GAME'LL SUCK!" I'll probably still make it anyway, but I just want to see how many of you do want to see this game.

Thanks guys for reading :P (Also, I don't really know where to put this post; In the Video Games section or the Game Dev section, so I put it in both)

It'd be cool if you posted screenshots of something of it.

you'd probably get more interest in it.

BBS Signature

Response to Randomly Generated Dungeon 2019-01-19 22:06:49

Ah yeah, good one!

Here are some screenshots:

The dungeon generation (The generation is completely random, so this is just one of the outcomes).

iu_3154_7263597.jpg

And this is what it looks like inside the dungeon (This is subject to change tho).

iu_3155_7263597.jpg

Response to Randomly Generated Dungeon 2019-02-11 15:39:18

At 1/19/19 10:06 PM, SeaPeaMe wrote: Ah yeah, good one!

The dungeon generation (The generation is completely random, so this is just one of the outcomes).

And this is what it looks like inside the dungeon (This is subject to change tho).

Just a suggestion, try add depth to the wall texture by adding a normal map and because you plan for battles to take place inside of your dungeon, make the corridors bigger to give the player greater movement

Ps. Really looking forward to seeing this completed

Response to Randomly Generated Dungeon 2019-02-15 03:13:09

At 2/11/19 03:39 PM, Overshot1506 wrote:
At 1/19/19 10:06 PM, SeaPeaMe wrote: Ah yeah, good one!

Just a suggestion, try add depth to the wall texture by adding a normal map and because you plan for battles to take place inside of your dungeon, make the corridors bigger to give the player greater movement
Ps. Really looking forward to seeing this completed

Yep! I actually already considered that, and I did it!

Also, Making the corridors wider is something I probably should add, actually... I'll make it so you can customize the width as well :)