Album of the Week ♫ 2019-01-10 19:43:36
Hey, do you listen to MUSIC? This might be the thread for you!!!!!!!!
HOW IT GOES:
- We throw our names into a randomizer
- Whoever gets picked chooses an album for the following week
- You listen to the album either in your own time, or as part of a totally radical listen-along discord group so we can REACT together.
- Post your thoughts on the album and give it a rating, then gear up for the next album
To kick things off here's a perfectly balanced list developed by a team of scientists, if you're interested drop a post and vote on which album you want to kick off the thread with. Each person who votes will be added to the randomized pool, one of whom will pick the next album.
1. Madvillain - Madvillainy (Hip Hop / 2004)
Classic collaboration between hip hop titans MF Doom and Madlib. Complex lyrics over smooth old school
instrumentals. Commonly considered one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time.
2. Brockhampton - Saturation (Hip Hop / 2017)
Self professed best boyband since one direction and probably the most hyped rap group active today. Super catchy
songs with an infectious camaraderie and creative energy between the band's many members.
3. Andrew Jackson Jihad - Knife Man - (Folk Punk / 2011)
Upbeat folk aesthetics with punk sentiment, with memorable, comedic and sometimes bizarre yet always earnest lyrics.
4. Idles - Joy as an Act of Resistance (Post-Punk / 2018)
Grand, intense british punk rock with a biting political edge. Probably the most notable and widely acclaimed rock
album of last year.
5. The Doors - The Doors (Classic Rock / 1967) -
Beloved 60's acid rock with legendary frontman / lyricist Jim Morrison. Dark, poetic, trippy and full of hard rock energy.
The 27th most ranked record on all-time lists according to AcclaimedMusic.