00:00
00:00

How did you find your name?

433 Views | 58 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-11 19:08:23

I use something different on nearly every site. My most commonly used one is Jerk-of-Spades. I just thought it was a clever play on words.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.™

BBS Signature

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-11 19:56:19

At 1/10/19 06:58 PM, Lostum wrote: How did you find your "Online Name"? Is there a story or is it just something you just fancy? Maybe it's just your real name moshed with something else. Gimme the scoop

Mine is from a game I'm very fond of: Bendy and the Ink Machine.

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-11 21:17:42

It's literally my initials. Wish it was something sexier, but it's not!!!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-11 22:20:36

My Real name's David. One day a friend of mine shouted in a deep voice "DOVOD (My surname)" and ever since then my closest friends started calling me as such. I really like it as an online name. It's short, simple, and it reminds me of my name. Also, I dislike putting numbers on my ID so It's perfect

English is not my first language, spanish is. Saludos desde Argentina.

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-12 03:41:09

So one day i was creating my Xbox 360 account and instead of thinking of something creative i got lazy and just combined 2 words together and i came up with COOLZONE. The End

Floating in space

BBS Signature

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-12 06:19:50

Found it in Red Dwarf but technically also Newgrounds and Habbo Hotel. The main character in Red Dwarf is Dave "Lister" but when I made my habbo account, "Lister" was already taken so I messed around to see what names were already taken and accidently made an account named "Listers." A year later, I went to newgrounds but when I made my Newgrounds account, "Listers" was already taken so I messed around to see what names were already taken and accidently made an account with the username "aListers"

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-12 09:32:33

I was deep into mythology as a kid, and I was learning flash animation at the time.

Griffin ----- Flash

Been waiting to change it cause its so old and doesn't reflect my current self, but it's stuck on me.

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-12 14:27:50

This is actually kind of long and weird. I have many online names, but the one I use for Newgrounds wound up being my username simply because I was very bored in my science class during a unit on the history of Earth's life last year and decided to Google search "Weird extinct animals" or something along those lines. I found a few animals that looked odd, such as Marrella, but one stuck out to me in particular: Opabinia Regalis, an ancient Cambrian animal.

In the following months, I came to love the animal, despite it being extinct. Recently, I decided I needed a new internet name unrelated to my others for my Newgrounds name, so I searched Newgrounds to see if the name "Opabinia" was taken.

It wasn't!

My first internet name was actually chosen by my mother - it was my real full name, sans my middle name. It was for my Webkinz account. Cheers.

"Life could be a dream, sweetheart..."

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-12 17:17:39

liked MGS, liked raiden FROM mgs, raiden had a sword and sliced things with it, hence, raidenslicer

hi how are ya

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-12 20:24:50

Well, it's a weird way to find your artistic name:

When I was a kid, I loved a movie called "Happy Gilmore" with Adam Sanders, day later after watching this movie for the first time I've found 100$ in garbage bin (don't ask how) and from that day I was "a happy Girmor, who just found one hundred bucks in a goddamn garbage bin". Some 'till today have a problem with the pronunciation of my name: "Grimor, Grimoire, Geiger Counter", but I'm used to it.

And that's the story, Tank Lads.

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-12 23:02:26

Other than Newgrounds, my online name is "Doughnut." I got inspired by a Garfield comic one day about Jon not knowing how to use a doughnut.

Sent from my Atari 2600

BBS Signature

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-13 16:51:15

At 1/10/19 06:58 PM, Lostum wrote: How did you find your "Online Name"? Is there a story or is it just something you just fancy? Maybe it's just your real name moshed with something else. Gimme the scoop

6 year old me just made it up on a whim, in 2010 he numbers 115 got added to my name because I liked cod zombies

shitposting stops the pain

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-13 20:55:57

It looks unoriginal, just sticking "ius" at the end of my name. But it's where the name "Vincent" comes from. And when I discovered that, I started using it as a username.

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-13 22:35:50

It varies per site but my NG name came from my dA portfolio link. It's pretty much a play on my first name and the -az reminded me of lapis azuli so it became TopazAzul. My name is pretty colorful; in more ways than one.

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-13 23:33:36

I chose my name because I love the gameplay of Unreal Tournament 2004 but prefer the sounds from the quake games, especially the quad damage, such a good sound... so unreal quake 2k4, the game that may never exist

keebs yay

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-13 23:45:58

I was setting up an account for Discord a couple years back and I needed to think of a new username since my other one I had with me since I was like, 8 and used it for Club Penguin. So, deciding to be a nerd that I am, I thought of my name, Kin, and the fictional race called Qunari from Dragon Age. So, its Kinari, get it? Qunari, KINari

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-14 00:45:10

Proceeds to weave an epic tale that finishes right as the world dies of choking on a jolly rancher.

'I'm an exothermic reaction devise!'

BBS Signature

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-14 10:40:14

It's my name. Just a girl with a unique name. I constantly get asked if it's a username because I like the gun, which I don't.

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-14 20:19:54

Well my name took forever to come up with.

I think I actually came up with it just trying to think of a cool character OC for a game which turned into my artist name. My favorite animal is a fox, and I wanted something to do with a fox. I looked up Fox Spirits- Kitsunes with multiple tails which I thought were cool. They were playful, lively and fun. So I tried to think of a way to combine my name Julie with a Kitsune and bam, Kitsulie! It was a very unique name and it rhymed so sometimes I will go by Julie Kitsulie and people think it's my real last name haha (which one day could be!) But I took that name and now I'm @Kitsulie anywhere on the internet, it's me!

It also works because as Kitsunes grow older and wiser they grow more tails. So the better I've been getting in my work I could add more tails to the fox if I wanted. Plus the Kitsune tails look like they're already "animated' in motion so it works a variety of ways!

So that's me, Kitsulie!

had a different username, changed it to something from a dictionary, had a bunch of other name changes which i struggle to remember, and finally returned back to this because thats all i am at the end of the day x)

At 1/11/19 12:32 AM, Painbringer wrote: @WaffleCrisp, @Wafflesmash, @SirWaffleThe3rd

@bluewaffle

At 1/11/19 03:19 AM, Oddlem wrote: Smashed some words together in a list notepad, narrowed them down to a few (since a lot were already established by people), and chose this one because I liked it. It's a combo of "odd" and a part of my first name.

You're curtis lemansky?? from the shield???

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

I looked at the tankman from the logo when I was making my account and was like "Yeah it would be super bad ass if I was .... tankbuster"

so yeah

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-15 03:54:05

It is my name

BBS Signature

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-15 05:22:43

This account was never meant to be used for anything more than posting my 1st game in.

Eventually it became a shitposting account. and now I'm simultaneously shitposting and making another game.

Click my sig (shameless plug)

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-15 05:59:35

It's last two letters from all of my names. I've had it for years now. The R is rolled, otherwise it sounds dumb.

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-15 06:58:55

My username is a combination of Magolor, a character from Kirby: Return to Dreamland, and Claptrap from the Borderlands series.

My other username is basically my first and second names first letter with my surname.

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-15 18:28:10

turned to a spinxo generator when I was looking for a new XBL tag and eventually shortened it from craziongames to crazions.

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-15 18:32:02

At 1/10/19 06:58 PM, Lostum wrote: Gimme the scoop

My real name with the first letter of my last name (Z)

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-15 20:25:48

Wwww it's kinda weird? I kinda had a bunch of handles. One of which was from a creepypasta self insert but that's not important--

But out of all of them??? I remember thinking of the word "Lassiter" and just liking how it sounded. But I also liked the idea of being a kind of mysterious, anonymous figure. So????? I decided on mastermind. It was just a bonus that I was into dangan ronpa, too.

Response to How did you find your name? 2019-01-15 21:05:44

This name isnt something I usually use for online accounts. I prefer to be anonymous on "non-important" sites, so for this account I stole something from a anime.

Tempus Edax Rerum

BBS Signature