00:00
00:00

I have 2 profile pictures?

88 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I have 2 profile pictures? 2019-01-09 20:41:19


So, I haven't been on Newgrounds for a while. I just started using this website again a few days ago.


When I logged in, I realised that I had two profile pictures: one that will appear when posting a review or anywhere else on this website other than my profile page (picture of a bird stealing a snack from a store) and one that appears on my profile page only (picture of a LOT of error messages).


So, how come I have two profile pictures? Did something change after the new layout? (feel free to check my profile and also tell me if you also see two different pictures)


Thanks for the help!


Sent from my Atari 2600

BBS Signature

Response to I have 2 profile pictures? 2019-01-10 05:50:04


The profile picture (round thing on your profile) and user icon (used to identify you on the site at large) used to be separate; they were merged in the latest profile update to allow for the reintroduction of banners (top of your profile, currently the placeholder tankman). If you didn't change any of them since that update they'll remain separate.


You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to I have 2 profile pictures? 2019-01-10 08:08:52


At 1/10/19 05:50 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: The profile picture (round thing on your profile) and user icon (used to identify you on the site at large) used to be separate; they were merged in the latest profile update to allow for the reintroduction of banners (top of your profile, currently the placeholder tankman). If you didn't change any of them since that update they'll remain separate.


Oh, I see. Thanks for the reply!


Sent from my Atari 2600

BBS Signature

Response to I have 2 profile pictures? 2019-01-12 13:37:03


At 1/10/19 08:08 AM, whaaat002 wrote: Oh, I see. Thanks for the reply!


...so having two different images is a luxury most users now don't have. ;) Hanging on to mine as long as it's possible.


Check out the New Review Crew / Hexalist #51 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to I have 2 profile pictures? 2019-01-12 14:18:11


At 1/12/19 01:37 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 1/10/19 08:08 AM, whaaat002 wrote: Oh, I see. Thanks for the reply!
...so having two different images is a luxury most users now don't have. ;) Hanging on to mine as long as it's possible.


Yep, me too. Even though I'd prefer to change my picture on my page, I guess I'll stick to it.


Say, does anyone know if it's safe to add a wallpaper without having to worry to lose one or both images?


Sent from my Atari 2600

BBS Signature

At 1/12/19 02:18 PM, whaaat002 wrote: Yep, me too. Even though I'd prefer to change my picture on my page, I guess I'll stick to it.


Same here. Change happened just when I was thinking maybe I should update my image but... I guess it'll become iconic!


Say, does anyone know if it's safe to add a wallpaper without having to worry to lose one or both images?


Yes, the header should be OK! It's not related to either one of the others.


At least it was fine when I changed mine, which was a good time after the avatar/user image merge.


Check out the New Review Crew / Hexalist #51 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to I have 2 profile pictures? 2019-01-12 19:15:17


Yes, the header should be OK! It's not related to either one of the others.


yup, worked fine for me. Still have both of my pictures


Sent from my Atari 2600

BBS Signature

Response to I have 2 profile pictures? 2019-01-13 04:48:29


At 1/12/19 07:15 PM, whaaat002 wrote: yup, worked fine for me. Still have both of my pictures


Awesome. :)


Check out the New Review Crew / Hexalist #51 (Mar)

BBS Signature