00:00
00:00

Seeking writers for startup podcast

105 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This gig is NON PAYING. We are seeking writers for a start up podcast company. Podcast will focus on a short story podcast, as well as a Audio Drama podcast. New writers and experienced are welcome. Story credits with go to the writer and be mentioned on the podcast. Interested in horror fiction and sci fi fiction writers.

I am also looking to build long lasting relationships with the writers and grow this podcast so that this can become a paying gig. For now the writers will have a hand in making the podcast what it can become.

Please email me at j.brideau9@gmail.com for more information. Feel free to attach a sample of your work.

Response to Seeking writers for startup podcast 2019-01-09 23:36:25

Hello,

We hold monthly writing competitions on newgrounds. Perhaps you could use some of the material in the podcasts with authors permission.

Especially since you've shown interest in horror/drama writings. We tend to get a lot of these, especially around the Halloween competition.

Response to Seeking writers for startup podcast 2019-01-11 22:13:56

At 1/9/19 11:36 PM, Fro wrote: Hello,

We hold monthly writing competitions on newgrounds. Perhaps you could use some of the material in the podcasts with authors permission.

Especially since you've shown interest in horror/drama writings. We tend to get a lot of these, especially around the Halloween competition.

I'm gonna second this idea. I believe the MWC is going to become a great melting pot of ideas and people here on the writing forum in the year to come. There's likely going to be many talented individuals how'd love to have their works displayed on an audio format.

i would also say something like this would work better for a longer term situation for a podcast. You'd have a larger stock of talent to work with without having to ask any them to contribute more than they're willing.

I kinda want to add that if a writer(s) is serious enough to write short stories for a weekly or monthly podcast, it's kinda asking a lot of them to work for free when they might already be in the middle of other projects.

That's not me throwing shade at you -because I understand why it's hard to actually hire someone on- that's just me, speaking as a writer, saying why I would probably pass on the opportunity for a non paying gig like this.

A side question, do you have an idea of how frequently you'd want to upload episodes of your podcasts? Just curious.

Response to Seeking writers for startup podcast 2019-01-12 10:24:24

I'd definitely be interested in that option. I will look into that and hopefully contact some candidates. Thank you!

Response to Seeking writers for startup podcast 2019-01-12 10:30:27

At 1/11/19 10:13 PM, TheInnerScience wrote:

I'm gonna second this idea. I believe the MWC is going to become a great melting pot of ideas and people here on the writing forum in the year to come. There's likely going to be many talented individuals how'd love to have their works displayed on an audio format.
i would also say something like this would work better for a longer term situation for a podcast. You'd have a larger stock of talent to work with without having to ask any them to contribute more than they're willing.

I kinda want to add that if a writer(s) is serious enough to write short stories for a weekly or monthly podcast, it's kinda asking a lot of them to work for free when they might already be in the middle of other projects.

That's not me throwing shade at you -because I understand why it's hard to actually hire someone on- that's just me, speaking as a writer, saying why I would probably pass on the opportunity for a non paying gig like this.

A side question, do you have an idea of how frequently you'd want to upload episodes of your podcasts? Just curious.

Thank you for this comment! I completely agree that the writers should be compensated. I would like to do everything I can to compensate them. The last thing I want is for them to work for free as I know there is quite a bit of work coming from them. So if that means creating a Kickstarter or patreon page so be it!

I'd like to be able to throw out an episode on a weekly basis for a short story podcast. As for the audio drama I'm currently working on I would estimate two weeks.

I am definitely looking for someone to collaborate with me on this so it can be as much theirs as it is mine.

Thanks again for the post. This helps.

sounds cool

Response to Seeking writers for startup podcast 2019-01-22 12:57:12

At 1/12/19 10:24 AM, Shangrilastudios wrote:

I'd definitely be interested in that option. I will look into that and hopefully contact some candidates. Thank you!

Great.

I'll email you and try to help you coordinate some stuff when the results come in month to month.