00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I can't switch to SWF on Chrome

214 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi guys,

I was looking older movies that were turned into videos, these movies used to have some "interactive content" on the flash version, We usually could switch between the video and the flash.

iu_1385_1219443.jpg

But unfortunately I can't get it to work with any movie right now on Google Chrome ( 71.0.3578.98 WIN 64bit),

I've tested other games/movies without video conversions and it loads the SWF fine

The only way I found to switch between the video and the SWF is with the Old internet explorer 11 browser (included on Windows 10)

It's a shame that I have to open such a buggy browser to enjoy some old stuff, there is a way to load it on newer browsers?

Thank you so much guys :-)

Response to I can't switch to SWF on Chrome 2019-01-07 05:28:57

What happens if you toggle the 'Default to original Flash version of movies when available' option on your account?

https://www.newgrounds.com/account

...the other swtich should still work, on all main browsers, but maybe that'd be a workaround at least.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to I can't switch to SWF on Chrome 2019-01-07 11:08:55

At 1/6/19 12:56 PM, MarkAnime wrote: Hi guys,
I was looking older movies that were turned into videos, these movies used to have some "interactive content" on the flash version, We usually could switch between the video and the flash.

This is happening because Chrome no longer acknowledges Flash support if a website checks for Flash support - so when you go to that page, it first checks for Flash support in the browser and then defaults to video when it finds the browser doesn't support Flash.

We're gonna need to update that so when someone specifically clicks the SWF link, it doesn't check and just attempts to embed the SWF regardless.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to I can't switch to SWF on Chrome 2019-01-11 04:46:39

At 1/7/19 11:08 AM, TomFulp wrote: This is happening because Chrome no longer acknowledges Flash support if a website checks for Flash support - so when you go to that page, it first checks for Flash support in the browser and then defaults to video when it finds the browser doesn't support Flash.

We're gonna need to update that so when someone specifically clicks the SWF link, it doesn't check and just attempts to embed the SWF regardless.

That's rather asinine of Google, but good that you figured out that's what was happening and already have a workaround in mind.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here