00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 182 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Small Indie Team Looking For Artist

260 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey, how's it going? I represent a small team of developers who are making a parody fantasy RPG. At present we are trying to make a name for ourselves and we therefore don't have a budget. Nevertheless, we fully intend to complete this game and release it on steam.

Currently we have a lead writer, lead programmer, and a lead composer/ sound designer. But what we need is someone to do the following:

• Concept Art
  • Character Art
  • Sprite Art & Animations

If you want on board with this project then please send me a message and we can talk about the details.

Response to Small Indie Team Looking For Artist 2019-01-03 22:34:19

I am definitely interested in the concept artist availability! However, I am not an experienced concept artist, and am only 16 years old. However, I do go to an art school so if I am still able to help, I would love to!

Response to Small Indie Team Looking For Artist 2019-01-04 04:06:00

At 1/3/19 04:59 PM, Altrunchen wrote: Hey, how's it going? I represent a small team of developers who are making a parody fantasy RPG. At present we are trying to make a name for ourselves and we therefore don't have a budget. Nevertheless, we fully intend to complete this game and release it on steam.

Currently we have a lead writer, lead programmer, and a lead composer/ sound designer. But what we need is someone to do the following:

If you want on board with this project then please send me a message and we can talk about the details.

Just a hint but you should share or provide a sneak peak into the script. It would allow people to make a better decision to participate?

BBS Signature

Response to Small Indie Team Looking For Artist 2019-01-04 15:02:47

At 1/4/19 04:06 AM, Wondermeow wrote:
At 1/3/19 04:59 PM, Altrunchen wrote: Hey, how's it going? I represent a small team of developers who are making a parody fantasy RPG. At present we are trying to make a name for ourselves and we therefore don't have a budget. Nevertheless, we fully intend to complete this game and release it on steam.

Just a hint but you should share or provide a sneak peak into the script. It would allow people to make a better decision to participate?

Good point. Thanks for the input. Here is a little summary of what the game is about and the kind of tone we're going for:

The world of Neverwas is fraught with corruption, evil, and deceit because the last player character gave up on their quest half-way through the game because they gave up on their dream, dropped out of college, got a part time job, and didn't have time for games anymore. So now the world needs a hero to save it and you're the best chance they got.

You go through a world filled with corruption and evil because of good people doing nothing to stop it. They've ever given up, don't care, been paid off, intimidated, or feel themselves to be morally superior and don't want to dirty themselves. One way or another, the last hero of this world left it unsaved. And you can finish what they started.

Except the narrator is on probation and has a sour attitude because they have to read this story to you by court order, the followers are unmotivated, the villains are entrenched, and the people of the world don't take much seriously anymore. Are they still worth saving? Will you succeed where the last dude gave up? Or will Neverwas be doomed to its fate and the narrator to her probation? You decide!

Just an update, we've found someone to do the concept artwork for the characters. Thank you to everyone who responded to this thread. At the moment what we need are the following:

• Sprite Artist/Animator (Characters & Assets) - 12 followers, 12 bosses, NPCs, items, weapons, etc. We would need a great deal of sprites from this person going forwards.

Character Sprite Size: 32x32px

Character Sprite Price Range (per Sprite): $0.00 - $1.50

Number of Individual Sprites Needed: >1000

Game Frame Rate: 60 fps

If you want to discuss prices and/or are interested in the project then please do not hesitate in sending me a message.

Response to Small Indie Team Looking For Artist 2019-01-22 08:54:41

Heyo!

I was looking for a team for the game jam and saw this.

Don't know if you found an artist yet but I might be interested.

I'll send some of my art when I get home