♜ Welcome to the Newgrounds Reading Challenge 2019 ♜
Home of the Lit Fam - Newgrounds' biggest-brained book bandits, three years running.
It's 2019, you know what that means? It's time to set book goals in the future. January is a time for ambitions, and one of the most consistently popular new years' resolutions is the desire to read more. This thread is to help with that.
Last year we collectively read approx. 100,000 pages across 515 books. This year we're gonna do even better.
How it works:
- Make a post stating how many books you're aiming to read.
- Read some books.
- Post about it and see your progress tracked in monthly updates.
- Reviews / summaries / comments / whatever are highly encouraged but not mandatory.
- Take part in our monthly book club if you think you're tough enough. Throw your name in and you might get to pick the first book.
Of course you're also free to make one-off posts on books you've read or just drop in for some discussion even if you're not planning to join the challenge. If you happen to have a Goodreads account consider sharing that too.
Guideline / FAQ:
- What counts as a book? Do comics / manga / audio books etc. count? The short answer is yes, anything you want to count, counts. You can limit yourself by only counting traditionally defined books or throw everything in, or you can assign custom values (counting three separate short stories as one "book," for example).
- Set an achievable goal. Hitting deadlines and making progress is an excellent motivator. Realizing you're never gonna make it is decidedly not.
Big serious rules:
- Don't be a dongus
- Watch out for replicants
- ALWAYS remember to stay cozy (this is non-negotiable)
Links & resources:
Make sure to follow the thread so you can see everyone else's progress and feel like a horrible slacker.