00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coheed23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Netflix The Punisher Season 2

1,357 Views | 38 Replies

Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-01 20:27:24

We got a teaser trailer that doesn’t show us much, but season 1 was great.

Who else is ready?

https://youtu.be/s2YNcYzKgKM

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-01 20:46:41

I really liked Thomas Jane as Frank Castle but man Jon Bernthal was made for the role.

I thought the Netflix series was the best portrayal of the Punisher I have seen.

If they end up canceling the series, ima riot.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-01 21:19:36

What I liked about this portrayal is that at first glance you could mistake him for a meathead but intellect comes through in the performance. The Punisher isn't really a character you can do only okay. Far too often he's just a ptsd case or an inevitable consequence to a generic life of crime story. This show I think gets him right.He's plain spoken to the point of an HBO character but he uses more strategy and intel than he does shooting the other guy faster.

Another thing that I've admired is the effort to de-politicize the show by who they surround him with. Arguably the most important supporting character, Karen Page, is both a licensed gun owner and a literal social justice warrior.

Unfortunately, the writing is pretty much on the wall for all the Marvel Shows on Netflix. I don't see Disney wanting the Punisher but the same could be said for the other characters that have been shed.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-01 21:38:52

At 1/1/19 09:19 PM, stafffighter wrote: What I liked about this portrayal is that at first glance you could mistake him for a meathead but intellect comes through in the performance. The Punisher isn't really a character you can do only okay. Far too often he's just a ptsd case or an inevitable consequence to a generic life of crime story. This show I think gets him right.He's plain spoken to the point of an HBO character but he uses more strategy and intel than he does shooting the other guy faster.

Another thing that I've admired is the effort to de-politicize the show by who they surround him with. Arguably the most important supporting character, Karen Page, is both a licensed gun owner and a literal social justice warrior.

Unfortunately, the writing is pretty much on the wall for all the Marvel Shows on Netflix. I don't see Disney wanting the Punisher but the same could be said for the other characters that have been shed.

I couldn't agree more, I am very excited to see where season two will bring the character. If disney did want to work him in they could however because of his comic origin as a spider-man villain, and even the more recent punisher/war machine run.

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-01 21:39:53

At 1/1/19 09:31 PM, Zymbot wrote: I'm still so behind on these shows. I only watched up to Iron First season 1.

I still need to see The Defenders, Punisher season 1, Jessica Jones season 2, Luke Cage season 2, Iron Fist season 2, and Daredevil season 3.

I highly recommend punisher s1

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-01 21:42:53

At 1/1/19 09:31 PM, Zymbot wrote: I'm still so behind on these shows. I only watched up to Iron First season 1.

I still need to see The Defenders, Punisher season 1, Jessica Jones season 2, Luke Cage season 2, Iron Fist season 2, and Daredevil season 3.

Stop what you are doing right now, get something pumpkin spice flavored, and watch season 1 of the Punisher

Your life will change.

At 1/1/19 09:38 PM, TheInternetover9000 wrote:
I couldn't agree more, I am very excited to see where season two will bring the character. If disney did want to work him in they could however because of his comic origin as a spider-man villain, and even the more recent punisher/war machine run.

Disney better not mess up my Punisher

At 1/1/19 09:19 PM, stafffighter wrote: Another thing that I've admired is the effort to de-politicize the show by who they surround him with. Arguably the most important supporting character, Karen Page, is both a licensed gun owner and a literal social justice warrior.

She's a great character too btw, they did an excellent job casting her, there's great on screen chemistry

Honestly the entire cast is very well casted

I can't believe Daredevil was canceled and yall go ahead and get bail money ready for me if this one is canceled too.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-02 11:10:49

At 1/1/19 09:19 PM, stafffighter wrote: What I liked about this portrayal is that at first glance you could mistake him for a meathead but intellect comes through in the performance. The Punisher isn't really a character you can do only okay. Far too often he's just a ptsd case or an inevitable consequence to a generic life of crime story. This show I think gets him right.He's plain spoken to the point of an HBO character but he uses more strategy and intel than he does shooting the other guy faster.

season 2 comes out on the 18th

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-02 11:20:02

At 1/2/19 11:10 AM, TheInternetover9000 wrote: season 2 comes out on the 18th

I'll be outta town for work that entire weekend, lame

Can you watch Netflix on a laptop?

Google says yes! Hotel room entertainment!

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-02 11:36:33

We still have to watch some Daredevil. I'm really into it right now. The fight scenes are really intense and bloody, just how I like them.

Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist are really starting to get boring to me. They don't have the same intense feeling that Daredevil and Punisher give off.

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-02 11:43:05

At 1/2/19 11:36 AM, Fro wrote:

Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist are really starting to get boring to me. They don't have the same intense feeling that Daredevil and Punisher give off.

I'll agree with you on this one

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-02 15:14:24

Might as well pop in right now.

Apparently the main baddie of puniaher season 2 is the 'alt-right' or that's what the rumors and news articles going around are saying.

shitposting stops the pain

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-02 23:56:58

At 1/2/19 03:14 PM, msd8115 wrote: Apparently the main baddie of puniaher season 2 is the 'alt-right' or that's what the rumors and news articles going around are saying.

I read it was a villain team-up.

Litterers, people who put milk in the bowl before cereal, people who don't wet the toothbrush before applying toothpaste and scariest of all, people who don't like pineapple on pizza.

Gonna be wild.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-03 09:52:13

At 1/2/19 11:56 PM, FIGMENTUM wrote:
At 1/2/19 03:14 PM, msd8115 wrote: Apparently the main baddie of puniaher season 2 is the 'alt-right' or that's what the rumors and news articles going around are saying.
I read it was a villain team-up.

Litterers, people who put milk in the bowl before cereal, people who don't wet the toothbrush before applying toothpaste and scariest of all, people who don't like pineapple on pizza.

Gonna be wild.

We could eat pineapple pizza WHILE we watch season 2.

I might....

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-03 10:08:36

At 1/3/19 09:52 AM, SevenSeize wrote:

I might....

I'll take your pineapple pizza and RAISE you to bacon pineapple pizza

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-03 10:55:00

At 1/3/19 10:08 AM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 1/3/19 09:52 AM, SevenSeize wrote:

I might....
I'll take your pineapple pizza and RAISE you to bacon pineapple pizza

Actually, I do put bacon on my pineapple pizza.

I put bacon and ham.

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-03 13:41:41

At 1/3/19 01:04 PM, Zymbot wrote: This is what Jigsaw is gonna look like? That's really tame.

Here's what he looked like In Punisher: War Zone.

I guess they wanted to try to keep the villain "hot."

Whatever. Watching him get his at the end of season 1 made me happy inside, I don't care how hot or not hot he is.

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-03 14:49:52

At 1/3/19 01:04 PM, Zymbot wrote: This is what Jigsaw is gonna look like? That's really tame.

video

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-03 22:08:31

At 1/3/19 02:49 PM, TheInternetover9000 wrote:
video

I've watched this like 10 times. I'm so freaking ready.

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-05 12:45:55

At 1/1/19 09:42 PM, SevenSeize wrote:

Stop what you are doing right now, get something pumpkin spice flavored, and watch season 1 of the Punisher
Your life will change.

At 1/1/19 09:38 PM, TheInternetover9000 wrote:
Disney better not mess up my Punisher

At 1/1/19 09:19 PM, stafffighter wrote: Another thing that I've admired is the effort to de-politicize the show by who they surround him with. Arguably the most important supporting character, Karen Page, is both a licensed gun owner and a literal social justice warrior.
She's a great character too btw, they did an excellent job casting her, there's great on screen chemistry

Honestly the entire cast is very well casted

I can't believe Daredevil was canceled and yall go ahead and get bail money ready for me if this one is canceled too.

iu_1299_6759180.jpg

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-05 13:06:16

At 1/5/19 12:45 PM, TheInternetover9000 wrote:

hahahahaha EXACTLY

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-05 14:26:42

Imho, Punisher S01 is the best Marvel serie so far. I really hope they do keep the vibe in the second season, and not spoil it.

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-06 13:26:57

At 1/5/19 02:26 PM, Nirag wrote: Imho, Punisher S01 is the best Marvel serie so far. I really hope they do keep the vibe in the second season, and not spoil it.

Agreed

At 1/6/19 10:48 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote:

Here's what he looked like In Punisher: War Zone.
That is a handsome jigsaw.
Well the way I look at it, they might've been looking to do it in stages:
Technically by the end of Season 1, Frank was pretty much still Punisher Day 1.
He still has a lot of people he cares about unlike the comic book [no fucks given long as I get to hand out punishment version]. Maybe they planning to have Russo completely fuck up his face by the end season 2 to have him return mid-late season 3 or something. Try to keep the actor for as long as they can....

I would have liked to have seen him really fucked up tbh

BBS Signature

Done with episode 1. Pleased with the amount of blood. Pleased with most of the acting. A few parts/lines were kinda cheesy. I give this one a 7 /10

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-19 01:34:13

At 1/19/19 12:31 AM, SevenSeize wrote: Done with episode 1. Pleased with the amount of blood. Pleased with most of the acting. A few parts/lines were kinda cheesy. I give this one a 7 /10

Episode 2 was way better, if you watch ep 1 and think it's stupid, hang in there for ep2. Very well done.

BBS Signature

This fella right here is an EXCELLENT actor, in that I already want to so badly punch him in the face.

iu_3191_1414829.jpg

@zymbot @FUNKbrs are yall watching yet

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-01-20 17:07:10

I'm about to start watching

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-02-18 13:38:13

Oh hell no

Ima go punch a frog

Stupid Netflix

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-02-18 15:41:50

At 2/18/19 03:24 PM, MPPlantOfficial wrote:
At 2/18/19 01:38 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Oh hell no

Ima go punch a frog

Stupid Netflix
Eh. We all knew it coming.

I refused to accept it.

I was hoping Frank Castle canceled Netflix instead

Tbh this was not a good season for Punisher. Actingwise it was superb but the stories were just so disconnected. Still I want to see Bernthal continue to perform as Frank in some way shape or form.

I didn't think it was a bad season, but 1 was way better.

I looooved Bernthal as Frank.

I'm more disappointed about Daredevil it ended on such a high

You right

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-02-19 16:40:51

At 2/18/19 01:38 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Oh hell no

Ima go punch a frog

Stupid Netflix

Well that sucks.

Somebody oughta punish Netflix...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Netflix The Punisher Season 2 2019-02-20 08:19:18

At 2/18/19 03:41 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 2/18/19 03:24 PM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: Tbh this was not a good season for Punisher. Actingwise it was superb but the stories were just so disconnected.
I didn't think it was a bad season, but 1 was way better.

I can agree with the two arcs being kinda disjointed, but man I enjoyed season two way more than expected and more than the first. ep 11 rocked my socks hard; I'm having difficulty thinking of an episode across any of the Marvel shows I enjoyed more.

I'm guessing you guys appreciated the first more for its higher intensity/frequency of violence?

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature