00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mcd410 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Movie/Games/Art Guidelines?

176 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Movie/Games/Art Guidelines? 2019-01-01 12:50:33

Hi.

I was wondering if there were any guidelines, spoken or no, about posting content? I know that sounds kind of silly to ask, but hear me out.

I'm making a game and would like to share progress vids/images as I make them and also eventually release demo builds. Are any of these things discouraged at all? I'd like to make it known I'm working on this thing, but I don't wanna become a community pariah off the bat if it winds up being bad form to do anything like this.

Thanks in advance! I probably sound completely out of depth, but I hope you guys understand my concern.

Response to Movie/Games/Art Guidelines? 2019-01-01 13:01:25

At 1/1/19 12:50 PM, Syndicist wrote: Hi.

I was wondering if there were any guidelines, spoken or no, about posting content? I know that sounds kind of silly to ask, but hear me out.

I'm making a game and would like to share progress vids/images as I make them and also eventually release demo builds. Are any of these things discouraged at all? I'd like to make it known I'm working on this thing, but I don't wanna become a community pariah off the bat if it winds up being bad form to do anything like this.

Thanks in advance! I probably sound completely out of depth, but I hope you guys understand my concern.

Yep! :

Movies and Games guidlines are linked here -----> https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/game-and-movie-guidelines

Art guidlines are linked here ---->https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/art-guidelines

Hope this helps!

Response to Movie/Games/Art Guidelines? 2019-01-01 13:01:37

At 1/1/19 12:50 PM, Syndicist wrote: Thanks in advance! I probably sound completely out of depth, but I hope you guys understand my concern.

Game & Movie Guidelines, Art Guidelines.

In general, as a game updates it should just have the file replaced with the most recent. Understanding though that things can be quickly buried, some people do choose to release builds as separate submissions.

If you do, I'd recommend removing the older version(s) once the new one has passed judgement. It's not bad to have 1-2 older ones, but some people have a ton of submissions which don't offer much difference (v0.01, v0.02, etc).

You could also use Dumping Grounds or the Project System to keep your builds as you go, then find some folks in the Collaboration Forum or elsewhere as beta testers who could offer suggestions for improvement.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Movie/Games/Art Guidelines? 2019-01-01 13:11:11

Thanks a ton guys! I'll especially keep those tips in mind, Peregrinus.