00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My last songs aren’t going well...

831 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I need help. I am releasing my last songs in an album before I leave Newgrounds... but nobody has actually seemed to notice them. I’m worried that they won’t do well at all, as they barely have any listens... anyone know how to help, or have any advice?

BBS Signature

Response to My last songs aren’t going well... 2018-12-31 17:41:08

At 12/31/18 01:47 AM, Nyctophilia wrote: I need help. I am releasing my last songs in an album before I leave Newgrounds... but nobody has actually seemed to notice them. I’m worried that they won’t do well at all, as they barely have any listens... anyone know how to help, or have any advice?

You're not the only one, friend. My songs haven't been getting noticed as well. :/

Response to My last songs aren’t going well... 2019-01-01 07:57:45

I only have one piece of advice, and I know it's a long, hard road to follow said piece of advice but it was what was told me, and I've certainly been attempting to put it into practice:

Invest in the community, and the community invests in you.

Response to My last songs aren’t going well... 2019-01-01 10:35:41

I know that's my best option, but seeing as I'm not going to be uploading to anymore (those were my last songs) I don't see much point...

BBS Signature

Response to My last songs aren’t going well... 2019-01-01 12:11:23

At 1/1/19 10:35 AM, Nyctophilia wrote: I know that's my best option, but seeing as I'm not going to be uploading to anymore (those were my last songs) I don't see much point...

A rolling stone gathers no moss.

I don't intend to discourage you from leaving NG because choices, but I speak as someone who had been hopping from music platform to music platform trying to gather a fanbase, and the hopping didn't do me much good. Wherever you go, bear that piece of advice in mind and work hard on it.

Response to My last songs aren’t going well... 2019-01-01 15:48:30

Thanks... I will keep that advice in mind. I was planning on stopping but you never know, I might return. Either way, thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to bear them in mind!

BBS Signature

Response to My last songs aren’t going well... 2019-01-01 16:12:44

The traffic to the audio portal is at an all-time low and there's really no way around that. Has nothing to do with you or the quality of your music, pretty much everyone is in the same boat.

Just a random idiot