00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Favorite Ratchet and Clank?

778 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Favorite Ratchet and Clank? 2018-12-12 21:40:53

Ratchet and Clank is my favorite game series and as far as I'm concerned, one of the most consistently excellent. Everyone has their favs, and mine are Up Yer Arsenal and A Crack In Time.

Agree? Disagree? What are your favs and least favs?

Response to Favorite Ratchet and Clank? 2018-12-12 22:14:16

At 12/12/18 09:40 PM, Orbital-Death-Ray wrote: Ratchet and Clank is my favorite game series and as far as I'm concerned, one of the most consistently excellent. Everyone has their favs, and mine are Up Yer Arsenal and A Crack In Time.

Up your arsenal was definitely one of my favorite titles of the series when I was growing up. I also sort of liked the dark tone of Ratchet: Deadlocked, but I know that game isn't nearly as much of a favorite as the other games. I guess my second favorite after Up Your Arsenal would be the original.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Ratchet and Clank? 2018-12-12 23:10:27

At 12/12/18 10:14 PM, Gameplay34 wrote:
At 12/12/18 09:40 PM, Orbital-Death-Ray wrote: Ratchet and Clank is my favorite game series and as far as I'm concerned, one of the most consistently excellent. Everyone has their favs, and mine are Up Yer Arsenal and A Crack In Time.

Up your arsenal was definitely one of my favorite titles of the series when I was growing up. I also sort of liked the dark tone of Ratchet: Deadlocked, but I know that game isn't nearly as much of a favorite as the other games. I guess my second favorite after Up Your Arsenal would be the original.

Ratchet Deadlocked was totally underrated, IMO. It did things differently and wasn't quite as good as the previous ones, but I still really enjoyed it.

Response to Favorite Ratchet and Clank? 2018-12-13 03:11:49

At 12/12/18 11:10 PM, Orbital-Death-Ray wrote:
At 12/12/18 10:14 PM, Gameplay34 wrote:

Ratchet Deadlocked was totally underrated, IMO. It did things differently and wasn't quite as good as the previous ones, but I still really enjoyed it.

I really like when video games take major turns and add some unexpected changes to the series, Ratchet: Deadlock did this with the removal of clank for the game. The only other game I can think of that did something similar, but in a way darker way was Banjo-Tooie when they literally killed off Bottles.

BBS Signature

I own the original trilogy of games, and they all sort of blend together in my mind. But I think I have the most distinct and fond memories of the first game, so I'll go with that one.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Ratchet and Clank? 2018-12-14 21:01:53

R&C1 hands down. It has the worst weapons but it's also got the best platforming and the OST has a ton of banging tracks.
I've replayed R&C3 a ton of times. Once you've maxed out your weapons you can start a NewGame+ and blow through it in an afternoon.
R&C2 is sorta just... there. I didn't like it but I didn't hate it. The giant protopet was a really bad note to end the game on though. Better weapons than R&C3 but more forgettable stages. It felt like a filler arc.

I pretty much bought my PS Vita so I could play Ratchet & Clank on the go. I don't regret it one bit. They should've ported Deadlocked.

R&C Crack in Time was a fantastic sendoff to the series. Into the Nexus and the Movie the Game were fine additions to the series too.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Ratchet and Clank? 2018-12-15 00:01:31

At 12/14/18 09:01 PM, Chdonga wrote: R&C1 hands down. It has the worst weapons but it's also got the best platforming and the OST has a ton of banging tracks.
I've replayed R&C3 a ton of times. Once you've maxed out your weapons you can start a NewGame+ and blow through it in an afternoon.
R&C2 is sorta just... there. I didn't like it but I didn't hate it. The giant protopet was a really bad note to end the game on though. Better weapons than R&C3 but more forgettable stages. It felt like a filler arc.

I pretty much bought my PS Vita so I could play Ratchet & Clank on the go. I don't regret it one bit. They should've ported Deadlocked.

R&C Crack in Time was a fantastic sendoff to the series. Into the Nexus and the Movie the Game were fine additions to the series too.

I totally agree about R&C2 just being kinda there. Out of the three I thought the story in R&C3 was the best, and the weapons were crazy fun. I especially like the way it pauses the game when you bring up the quick select wheel, that was something I was sorely missing in the first two games.