00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are you Open for Commissions?

15,890 Views | 137 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Newgrounds has been getting an influx of new artists this month! Please read this welcome post if you are new here.

I also recommend reading the Newgrounds History to better understand the site.

At the moment we're wrapping up a big forum update but we're also knocking out small items to better support incoming artists.

Open for Commissions

If you visit your user page you will notice a new "Open for Commissions?" link under your icon and short description.

Clicking this link will present you with a list of commission-related blog posts you've made, so that you can link one as your official commission sheet.

When enabled, visitors to your page will see an "Open for Commissions!" link.

There are lots of little things that could be done in this space but we're trying to not to over-think it at the moment. Let us know if you run into problems / confusion / bugs with how the new system works.

We'll soon generate a list anyone can browse to see who is open for commission.

Other pending updates will help in this space, too. For example right now you can't make a blog post via mobile (sorry, old text editor) but that will be fixed in the near future.

When we migrate Art publishing into the Project System, we'll introduce co-authoring and the ability for both commissioner and artist to share credit on a piece.

We'll also likely add an "Open for Collaboration" link if you have an entry in the Collabinator.

Still planning out things like multi-image art entries, full art pieces in feeds, tag suggestions and multi-tag search, all high priorities.

Are you Open for Commissions?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 17:59:17

$9,999.99 for a stick figure portrait?! Sounds like a deal if I ever heard one.

Find a mountain to stand on.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 18:01:39

At 12/11/18 05:59 PM, Bigfoot3290 wrote: $9,999.99 for a stick figure portrait?! Sounds like a deal if I ever heard one.

I like to be ready if @SouljaBoy rolls through.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

This is sweet. I remember a while back I wanted to support some people and look around to see who's open for commissions. I had to go to their profile and dig through twitter and other websites and whatnot, it was a bit of a hassle. Now it's eaasy. NG steppin up

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 18:11:06

Yes, my begging thorughout 2017 and 2018 is paying off!

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 18:22:34

Very nice initiative on the Art Portal, guys!
It's gonna get even better, I'm pretty hyped.

Sadly I'm only open for emissions right now.
Could this be used to open Requests? I notice there's a page with that name but I'm not sure what it does.

This post was artificially generated

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 18:26:10

It would be better if you had the option to remove the link, since not everyone can produce content...

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 18:26:28

Well now, this is certainly a welcome addition. Gonna have to set mine up at some point.

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 18:31:31

what can you do for 2$ my boy

I've been here for years since this place first opened up with just the telebubbies back when I was in high school and now, finally now, I just posted my first submission like an hour ago... and now Tom wants to know if I'm open for commissions?!
Spooky.

Sure, I'll do commissions if you have any female models who will pose nude and are willing to get drunk after.

Hail Cobra!

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 18:49:49

This is actually very cool!! Thank you! I just saw it and tried. In fact, I thought before about advertising my commissions on a personal post (I forgot how they were called lol) and I also got pleasantly surprised: I can submit pictures directly x'D That way I don't have to submit it as a piece. I already was thinking about getting a link from imgur, but this is so much better.

(I can imagine that the picture thing was even older than the commission thing, but I just wanted to make a comment about how happy I was when I found out lmao).

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 18:57:35

Huh. This is cool. I like that there is a place to do this stuff, now. Can't set up any payment options for myself right now, so no commissions, I'd imagine... but... this is a good thing.

Also I fail at business-y things. Been writing for 25 years, unpublished; still can't make sense of the business end. Need a keeper.

I CAN write a mean drabble/rough draft/rough script, though, when my brain doesn't feel like Ortolan Bunting.

Please donate Orbs to the Fen'Harel Appreciation Fund.

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 19:18:06

does this mean we doing NG collabs again?

Nicely done!

At 12/11/18 07:18 PM, AzrealFreeman wrote: does this mean we doing NG collabs again?

I mean.. it always was around so.

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 19:26:54

Hey Tom I found an interesting quirk, on the Establish Commission Status window, the little X button in the corner does nothing but clicking outside of the window works. Someone has probably beaten me to this but I thought it'd be good to let you know!

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 19:54:07

Aw heck yeah, it's like a dream come true! I wanted to post my commission info here a long time ago, but there was no way to pin it and I wasn't sure if people would be interested just in the first place.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 20:12:26

Oooh I really like this update! So @Tom, can I commission you to karaoke Last Christmas by Wham! for me?

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 20:38:15

Just so I'm understanding what this is, could we say it's like a more versatile version of Fiverr?

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 20:57:13

At 12/11/18 06:01 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/11/18 05:59 PM, Bigfoot3290 wrote: $9,999.99 for a stick figure portrait?! Sounds like a deal if I ever heard one.
I like to be ready if @SouljaBoy rolls through.

Dude, he still goes here! His favourites list is up-to-date.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 21:19:32

All this activity on NG is so exciting rn

LONG LIVE NEWGROUNDS

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 21:47:55

Real pumped you guys are putting a bigger emphasis on the art portal. Can't to see where the site goes to in 2019.

Have a nice day!

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 22:11:11

At 12/11/18 06:22 PM, SquizofrenicCat wrote: Could this be used to open Requests? I notice there's a page with that name but I'm not sure what it does.

I can easily see it be used for such. We're a creative bunch; let's take what we have and make-do with it! :B

Artist, Writer, VA & Aspiring Best Buddy! ^u^

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 22:23:31

At 12/11/18 09:19 PM, DreamEater wrote: All this activity on NG is so exciting rn

LONG LIVE NEWGROUNDS

I second the motion! It brings a tear to my eye to see the forums back to life again :')
I'm excited to see how things will change. I love the new commission feature!

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 22:31:15

I am actually happy about this. This can help out artist who in need for quick cash to get started. I glad Newgrounds is expanding their user base into something that user want and that good.

https://38cautionzone.com

Ko-fi (Commission/Donation)

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 22:39:19

Hell yeah!! If I ever get people to follow me in here, it'd be a great and useful feature lol

AWESOME UPDATE! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS
I just made a Commissions post check it out!

Thank you Tom & Newgrounds team! <3

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 22:47:13

A blog post via mobile phones would be a plus hope its sooner then later, thanks for all the helpful info, I am enjoying all the great new art and artists work, look forward to even more in the coming years.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 22:51:02

Well this is indeed wonderful news! This allows me to copypasta stuff from my site.

Want to commission me?

Click the banner below for commission information!

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 22:55:47

this is awesome!!! thanks for the update!

freelance concept, pixel, comic and digital artist // commission info

character design dump // sketch/wip dump

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-11 23:51:07

AYou guys have done more for us artists this last week or so than tumblr has done in yeaaaars. So this is what its like to feel wanted. Bless you!