00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists!

79,449 Views | 531 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 03:41:59

At 12/7/18 02:30 AM, StarpunkD wrote:
At 12/7/18 01:42 AM, Insanaty wrote:
So in this case even though it is understandable in a way to feel that Tom and Team should start banning accounts or start tracking all people who said mean stuff, it is not the right way because that would only let us ending in 1984, the web version or doing a Tumblr 2.0. So lets make Newgrounds bloom to a new gold age, bring more people here too make everything progress and get proper love by everyone tastes and colors. Have a bright day and going to try to check out some of that art.
I never said anything about banning accounts, there are ways to show that all sorts of art is actually welcome here. Like, discussions, contests, etc. etc. I know tumblr folk well enough to forsee these flames rising high soon enough.

Thank God that you didn´t thought of banning accounts as a fist solution, just was commenting the subject to double check because lately in other sites the normal solution has been just eliminating anything that could harm, I mean more or less sadly for lots of artists that was in a simpler way Tumblr thinking way for their actions. But yeah agree that some discussions or perhaps contests could be goods options, I think that will actually happen in a natural way, the contests if this flow of newcomers keep going because the ones that exist right now are good and all but we definitely will need more. With the discussions and all I have been thinking that something that a system could be implemented where we have a calendar where different themes like this one in a peaceful yet looking solutions way, like for example we put this theme one day, we put it in the front page for some days before it happens and leave it all the day of discussion, and there people can talk , defend their arguments , give new ideas and everything for the theme. but if possible with someone checking all different replies and in the proper time a kind of neutral moderator so that the we don´t up insulting each other and getting nowhere. After you and other commented I have been thinking on this because there are multiple themes that need solution, the one you commented, the furry thematic, lately the fear old users have that tumblr users change to bad the platform, racism and others I sadly don´t remember or know. Another thing of that idea if it happens is that people must be aware that those discussions is that there are not wars between people, oh no they are just a way to make New grounds where everyone get the best possible result without dividing artists in differents parts of sections because in the end we are all here to help each other grow one way or another. It was very good that you bring this now considering the type of growth NG is going to see in the next days.

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 04:08:45

At 12/7/18 03:41 AM, Insanaty wrote:
At 12/7/18 02:30 AM, StarpunkD wrote:
At 12/7/18 01:42 AM, Insanaty wrote:
So in this case even though it is understandable in a way to feel that Tom and Team should start banning accounts or start tracking all people who said mean stuff, it is not the right way because that would only let us ending in 1984, the web version or doing a Tumblr 2.0. So lets make Newgrounds bloom to a new gold age, bring more people here too make everything progress and get proper love by everyone tastes and colors. Have a bright day and going to try to check out some of that art.
I never said anything about banning accounts, there are ways to show that all sorts of art is actually welcome here. Like, discussions, contests, etc. etc. I know tumblr folk well enough to forsee these flames rising high soon enough.
Thank God that you didn´t thought of banning accounts as a fist solution, just was commenting the subject to double check because lately in other sites the normal solution has been just eliminating anything that could harm, I mean more or less sadly for lots of artists that was in a simpler way Tumblr thinking way for their actions. But yeah agree that some discussions or perhaps contests could be goods options, I think that will actually happen in a natural way, the contests if this flow of newcomers keep going because the ones that exist right now are good and all but we definitely will need more. With the discussions and all I have been thinking that something that a system could be implemented where we have a calendar where different themes like this one in a peaceful yet looking solutions way, like for example we put this theme one day, we put it in the front page for some days before it happens and leave it all the day of discussion, and there people can talk , defend their arguments , give new ideas and everything for the theme. but if possible with someone checking all different replies and in the proper time a kind of neutral moderator so that the we don´t up insulting each other and getting nowhere. After you and other commented I have been thinking on this because there are multiple themes that need solution, the one you commented, the furry thematic, lately the fear old users have that tumblr users change to bad the platform, racism and others I sadly don´t remember or know. Another thing of that idea if it happens is that people must be aware that those discussions is that there are not wars between people, oh no they are just a way to make New grounds where everyone get the best possible result without dividing artists in differents parts of sections because in the end we are all here to help each other grow one way or another. It was very good that you bring this now considering the type of growth NG is going to see in the next days.

Another thought after reading again, The things with the disccussion I mentioned are ok, but after quite some time when tumblr people are more stablished, and without hurting the Portal, because even though Newgrounds is always growing Newgrounds it is also history, in a way that it is cool to see new artists and accept their content but we must also keep the Portal that is Internet history, in a way that yeah changes is cool and it is very good that tumblr people have new ideas, but we must also think that Newgrounds is a community with history that we must protect because for example Retarded Babies Animals, oh man that was one of my first flashes, can be quite polemic in today mentality of some people but for example in its moment it was also something new, something different that people grew to love and is now history in its own way, so for the moment lets newgrounds grow, things change, but those changes must be from Newgrounds as the unique site it is.

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 04:16:36

@StarpunkD:
I remember that some time ago, there was a discussion in the Forums where a boy came out of the closet in front of everyone. I remember there were words of support, someone that was a bit skeptic about the thing (the boy claimed to be of a very young age), but I don't remember homophobia manifestations. I really hope nothing like this happens to you, NG is a very inclusive community.

@Ruehl21:
Don't worry: in every review there is a "flag" button, which can be used to report reviews that are considered "abusive" (i.e. spam, insults, etc.) for deletion, so it's very unlikely that a review section becomes a mess of stupid childish/trollish comments.

At 12/7/18 03:35 AM, Ruehl21 wrote:
At 12/6/18 11:08 PM, StarpunkD wrote: Soooo, everything looks cool and promising, but I see that the first problem that actually made me forego Newgrounds for a couple of years before is still here: the blatant homophobia of the audience here. Like... I know my art style quite well to say it doesn't look awful to be voted 1 or 2, but any time I upload anything GAY here, the pics get downvoted. And don't even start talking artistic merits here.

If you really wish to give home to many artists from Tumblr, this is one thing you've got to think how to solve.
I think the idea was more to welcome Tumblr refugees to their home, not make a home for us. They have no responsibility to make us a home. They don't even have to welcome us. We're the ones coming into other peoples' homes where the ladies are enjoyed more than the men, and thus views and ratings are likely to reflect that.

I don't think it's worth worrying over, as it's only problematic if the comment section is crapped on immaturely, and even then, trolls and children are to be left alone. You should do you regardless of what others think/rate, and so should anyone else who joins. It's simpler that way. I do hope things get better for you, but I'd rather the site doesn't get changed too much to do it.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 05:53:27

At 12/6/18 10:11 PM, Vinsionary wrote: Actually, redundant tagging is something I actually hope won't happen around here. If anything, I hope the tagging system follow e621's example, with one designated tag for something, and at best synonym tags becoming aliased. Though incorporating Tumblr's autofill suggestions for tags would combo perfectly with that structure, as it would orient the taggers towards the tags they want to use without too many derivations.

We're working on tag auto-suggestion at the moment. It will be interesting to see how well it drives consistency out the gate. It should get better as we manually update existing art to bring the tags in line. For example I noticed hollow-knight has been more common than hollowknight:

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/tag/hollow-knight
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/tag/hollowknight

My traditional habit would be to use "hollowknight" as a tag but the dash may be the winner here. I still need to study up more on what the conventions are around the rest of the web. I know booru boards use underscores but I feel like most people haven't made a habit of that and some of that could just be how we treat things behind the scenes vs what people see on the screen.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 05:56:56

At 12/6/18 10:18 PM, squarepeg3d wrote: I'm an old-timer compared to some folks here, I reckon. I remember the halcyon days of old, when Turtle Cannon, Stick Fight, Salad Fingers, Fur Baby, and Alien Hominid were all the rage. It's been years since I've been to the site from my time in middle school, and being back here again floods me with a wave of nostalgia, especially since the site layout more or less hasn't changed in over a decade. Sure, it's shinier, but it still feels like Newgrounds.

Thanks! It's not for everyone but that has been a big goal with the ongoing updates. I recently dug up my old "Newgrounds Atomix" site menu from 1998-1999 and was amused to see the word "Atomix" was almost the same orange gradient as the current "NEWGROUNDS" text in the header. I'll have to post a pic later when I'm at my office computer.

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 06:03:26

At 12/6/18 11:08 PM, StarpunkD wrote: Soooo, everything looks cool and promising, but I see that the first problem that actually made me forego Newgrounds for a couple of years before is still here: the blatant homophobia of the audience here. Like... I know my art style quite well to say it doesn't look awful to be voted 1 or 2, but any time I upload anything GAY here, the pics get downvoted. And don't even start talking artistic merits here.

If you really wish to give home to many artists from Tumblr, this is one thing you've got to think how to solve.

This has been a frustration for us as well; we have a handful of people who vote based on the theme and not the quality of the art. There are some users who will vote zero on ANYTHING adult because they don't like the influx of adult content, or others who may vote zero because they are homophobic. We'd really like to see more voting engagement overall, where the bad / inconsistent votes get drowned out. It's especially frustrating when a bad voter manages to be the first or second vote, which is really discouraging for artists.

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 06:04:04

At 12/6/18 11:12 PM, Vinsionary wrote:
At 12/5/18 11:02 AM, ApacheJay156 wrote: Please give us a way to separate the art on our profile into different "folders" or galleries.
Newgrounds has playlists, they work essentially the same. They got that covered.

I'll note that the playlists still need some upgrades to better serve this purpose but the foundation is there.

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 06:05:49

At 12/7/18 12:42 AM, Eldrik wrote: Just noticed the increased tag amount today when I uploaded my new comic page, thank you! Will be very useful with complex artworks depicting a wide range of....ideas...

Also, do you think there will be a third wave on December 17th? Like, artists in deny, or that think they can circumvent the system, or just want to see how long they'll be able to last under the new tumblr regime?

Based on what happens December 17th and beyond, I do think we'll see some more waves coming in. Especially if we get some good updates out the door! I'm even curious to see what happens this weekend; the Tumblr crackdown was announced on Monday and some people might be waiting for the weekend to get sorted out.

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 06:12:59

At 12/7/18 12:55 AM, Ruehl21 wrote: Would redundant tags cause an actual issue though? I always figured it just made things easier to search for. It can be hard for an artist to get their work seen by a lot of people since many will just search the tags they know. Not everyone thinks to search the Japanese name, while other's got started on it when an English name wasn't decided on and may not be updated.

I do like the idea of auto-fill/auto-suggest and/or aliasing though. That sounds way more efficient. I'd be down to only needing 6 tags at the most. Pre-made tags like AO3 are nice because it's a bit more forceful, but I can't see that working here.

No no, see, it'd work well. For a site like Newgrounds with a limited number of tags, you wanna keep the tagging succinct always. (Redundant tags look clogged and ugly anyways, so... props if aliasing gets implemented)

Artist, Writer, VA & Aspiring Best Buddy! ^u^

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 06:49:06

At 12/7/18 06:12 AM, Vinsionary wrote:
No no, see, it'd work well. For a site like Newgrounds with a limited number of tags, you wanna keep the tagging succinct always. (Redundant tags look clogged and ugly anyways, so... props if aliasing gets implemented)

Ah yeah I get ya. (Also hell yes)

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 07:01:51

At 12/5/18 05:41 PM, Scuinox wrote: I'm sure it's already been considered or whatever but making a newgrounds app available in the app stores might be beneficial. Yet easy to say rather than to do I suppose unless there is one. Still I just thought it might be worth a mention.

You can just put a bookmark in your phone's main screen. When I was told that and put it to practice... I was a little embarrassed I hadn't considered doing just that earlier, haha

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 11:12:34

Don't worry; with so many new folks coming about, the haters should start getting counterbalanced by the lovers~

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 11:16:48

I just hope that Newgrounds doesn't lose sight of itself in an attempt to accommodate all these Tumblr refugees. It would be a real shame if NG stopped being NG.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 11:23:21

It's great to see people comin' to Newgrounds again. =) This site was a major part of my childhood! =D

3DMW

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 11:23:30

At 12/7/18 05:53 AM, TomFulp wrote: My traditional habit would be to use "hollowknight" as a tag but the dash may be the winner here. I still need to study up more on what the conventions are around the rest of the web. I know booru boards use underscores but I feel like most people haven't made a habit of that and some of that could just be how we treat things behind the scenes vs what people see on the screen.

Hmmmm... I dunno, I think underscores would catch on quickly. At least, in most boorus the typed underscore becomes a space when the tag is presented, which makes them look more appealing.

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 11:46:11

What a nice surprise that Newgrounds is having a comeback!

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 12:58:11

At 12/7/18 12:07 PM, Ryoko-Tedeschi wrote: I'm happy to see the admins of this place acknowledge that this is a thing. I've removed all of my art from the portal for now. It'll remain uploaded, but I'm not about that negativity from people who don't care about what I do.

We also just pushed an update that hides the score until something has five votes, so if an early voter is a jerk it will be less blatant. There are some other areas where we will need to update this but we're shifting back to some other stuff first.

I think this update might also encourage early voters; when it says "Waiting for 1 more vote" I feel like I'm opening the last door on an advent calendar.

BBS Signature

I'm really glad I had an old account on here tbh haha

I'm one of the artists in the migration and this post is REALLY helpful. I've uploaded some works but now I just have to figure out how to get a scout invite. Does that automatically happen once you upload 4 or more works? (If so the email hasn't arrived yet, but I guess I'll find out later if that's the case). Otherwise it's good to be here! I'm going to be figuring out the site again as the last time I was here it was almost a decade ago lol

But seriously, thanks for such an informative post. I'd never looked into NewGrounds for art before so it's all a big change and it'll be a learning experience for a bit c:

Edit: I got a scout invite! :D
For others who had a similar question to mine (and if you read my comment) they arrive in the NewGrounds inbox, not your email that's tied to the account. I had assumed email as I was getting "work uploaded" emails for each new work I put on the site.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 14:14:55

Hello everyone ! i'm new here !

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 15:27:44

At 12/7/18 12:58 PM, TomFulp wrote:
We also just pushed an update that hides the score until something has five votes, so if an early voter is a jerk it will be less blatant. There are some other areas where we will need to update this but we're shifting back to some other stuff first.

Oh, is that what's going on? Looking at certain pictures, the vote score is not visible, and I was wondering if there was an option to hide the votes when you post a picture or if it was a bug or something. Because I see some pictures that have like 15 favs, 3 5 star reviews, but the vote score is still invisible. I would feel those should already have 5 votes but maybe not.

Strive to be the best version of yourself that you can be. Be a better version than any of the other you in the multiverse. Check regularly online to see the rankings.

At 12/7/18 03:27 PM, Eldrik wrote: Oh, is that what's going on? Looking at certain pictures, the vote score is not visible, and I was wondering if there was an option to hide the votes when you post a picture or if it was a bug or something. Because I see some pictures that have like 15 favs, 3 5 star reviews, but the vote score is still invisible. I would feel those should already have 5 votes but maybe not.

It should be located where the average score tends to be; some words stating how many votes remain for the average to become visible.

BBS Signature

At 12/6/18 11:08 PM, StarpunkD wrote: If you really wish to give home to many artists from Tumblr, this is one thing you've got to think how to solve.

An influx of Tumblr users with a new mindset, maybe...? ;) The community's the people after all... hope with time the people change, or attitude's change, and all fractions may live in peace and prosperity here too.

At 12/6/18 10:16 AM, NekoMika wrote: Also, @TomFulp, I noticed I was able to get Triple Exp today, are you planning to have Triple Exp as a thing until the end of the weekend to encourage people to vote, vote, vote on all the new stuff coming in?

Also been wondering about this... it seemed like it might've been to just get everything in the Portal out of judgment quick though. If it was: it worked!

At 12/4/18 09:20 PM, carverh wrote: Prediction of the absolute state of Newgrounds in 2019.

lmao. XD As long as the right people are still earning those Portal Awards though...

At 12/4/18 09:14 PM, kodav4 wrote: If im allowed to ask questions here, Im curious about the scouting system. If I post art here, how are people going to see it if it isnt in the Art portal? Is getting scouted an easy process, or is it more exclusive to super experienced artists?
Also, what is the best way to gain an audience here?

Not sure you got an answer on this or not? There's a pretty good guide here that might answer some wonders: https://ornery.newgrounds.com/news/post/388624

...regarding the best way to gain an audience: just keep doing what you do. :) Putting out art consistently should keep letting people know you're alive, and let new users notice you. Also never a bad idea to post a newspost once in a while, and interact with the community when you can. And enter contests, and collaborate! So much to do here if you have time to get involved. :)

At 12/4/18 07:05 PM, Zucanki wrote: Hopefully, this is a good idea.

This IS a good idea. :)

At 12/4/18 06:36 PM, Armpitcore420 wrote: I'd really like to see and option to combine your art into separate folders or categories because my mix of traditional inkwork, digital NSFW art and digital innocent sci-fi/fantasy stuff makes my gallery look annoyingly eclectic and inconsistent.

I like the idea of folders. It really would make the art page a whole different thing, but playlists are your second best option. Could use those to collect images of any certain theme or type. Or tags. Or newsposts. It won't change the main page, but it's a way to at least link to a specific showcase when you want to.

Also, an option to upload multiple images in one entry for comics and pieces with alt versions.

Seems this thing might be on route!

At 12/4/18 09:22 PM, nicefieldNSFW wrote: Yeah I'm curious about the scouting system too. How does this work?
If no one sees my art how does it eventually get scouted by someone? lol

Hey, if you didn't get an answer to this either: https://ornery.newgrounds.com/news/post/388624

At 12/5/18 12:38 AM, LunarReaperanimation wrote: Also THERE IS SPELL CHECK which i desperately need.

I think that's the browser. ;) Good to hear you like it here though!

At 12/5/18 02:48 AM, Lady-Suchiko wrote: But please, it's been a day guys. Newgrounds will always improve certain features and get more awesome, but Newgrounds is Newgrounds, not anywhere else. And I think that's what makes it so great here c:

Well said. :) I think most people still want the same things though, like multiple images per post, and more tags. And we already got more tags! Seems like y'all might really be speeding up the process over here. ;) Hope you find your way and we all keep improving things.

At 12/6/18 10:23 AM, solitonmedic wrote: Here’s another casual reminder to check out the link on my sit for glorious knowledge

And those typos. ;)

At 12/5/18 11:50 AM, PurpleSil wrote: 1) Specialized search. As you know, NSFW arts often come with certain ... preferences, usually tagged. It would be wonderful to see the tagging / tag search systems expanded to make it easier for people to find the kinds of arts they might enjoy, especially if they're into certain specific / niche things that would never in a million years be on the front page.

Seems like this is on the agenda! Tags already exist, but they should be getting better integrated with the elasticsearch cluster further down the road (basically letting you filter by specific tags, multiple tags etc, total freedom).

2) A videoplayer that loops things without the 'loading / buffering' icon when the loop resets. As an animator that makes loops, this irks me!

Traditionally, those really short loops used to be GIFs on the art portal only. But yeah that would be good.

At 12/5/18 10:24 AM, turret-heads wrote: 1) Please make it possible to turn off the rating system for our art. (The thing where users can vote with stars)

A few cents on these points of view...

This has been discussed before, but it's not much of a place to get feedback if users can't give it is it? Maybe the feature will get introduced after all if the demand for it's big enough, but personally I'm against it. I feel like the essence of creative content overall should be contributive. Creators contribute their art and users contribute their opinions. Turning it into a one-sided showcase takes away that exchange; prevents growth and community. IMO.

On the flip side users do have the choice to turn of their ratings, though. If for some reason they don't want to judge that way.

2) Please allow us to set "defaults" when uploading art. Specifically, I find it very tedious to uncheck the CC license on every single one of my uploads.

Agree with this though! Would be really useful.

At 12/4/18 09:44 PM, Innocuous-Robutt wrote: 1. An option to upload art that has been commissioned by the user with full crediting to the original artist, so the site can still effectively be used as an image gallery to quickly link to without disparaging content creators with art theft or lack of attributing.

I hear this is on the todo list too. :) Mentioned a few pages back.

2. A better, well versed commissioning section of the art portal. Dedicated pricing, customer rating systems, authentication, etc. No 'Pay in Exposure'. This will ensure that artists can post commission rates and commissioners can easily find artists to pay.

Seems like a complex bit to add, but if NG ever gets an audience big enough it makes this effort merited that'd be pretty cool too. Maybe it could be made with the same underlying script as The Collabinator, apart from the whole payment thing (which is probably a big thing) it seems a bit similar. There have been ideas about making a shop where users can add their own downloadable content too, so all of this could tie together nicely.

3. More tags per picture. Four is just simply not enough.

Staff be working fast! :D

4. A moderated Collaboration portal. A lot of the ads seem illicit at times, but that may just be me.

Yeah, I saw one of those recently too. We just haven't had any problems with this before, but if the userbase drastically increases...

At 12/7/18 02:14 PM, Izaacidlartist wrote: Hello everyone ! i'm new here !

Welcome aboard!

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

At 12/7/18 03:38 PM, Vinsionary wrote:
It should be located where the average score tends to be; some words stating how many votes remain for the average to become visible.

I see what you mean with my pictures, but here's what I see when I browse other artists' pictures, but only some. And I know I scored them, so -something- should happen, right?

Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists!

Strive to be the best version of yourself that you can be. Be a better version than any of the other you in the multiverse. Check regularly online to see the rankings.

At 12/4/18 01:47 AM, Ronoae wrote: So I read through TOS and the link here for art and what could be flagged as Inappropriate, but do you have anything you explicitly disallow on the site? In relation to NSFW content or SFW. Certain fetishes, certain ships, certain topics, etc?

Most types of art are allowed, but you can always ask about a specific submission.

Apologies if I've just missed something! I have never used NG before, save for flash games when I was in elementary school XDD guess everything comes full circle, huh?

NewGrounds was there in the past, and is still here now. It is still going strong.

Thanks for reading, and I hope the artists like me coming here do well! I can't wait to see their content!

All the new artists have the opportunity to do very well.

At 12/4/18 02:17 AM, Nightwoods wrote: Welp, all of this happened mid getting myself together to get ready to start posting again, and then I remembered "where was I a long time ago" here, enjoying media. I felt like I left so long ago for no reason, and I don't remember why.

This all happened at once and surprised many people.

Hello again, Newgrounds. I've missed this place.

Welcome back to NewGrounds.

At 12/4/18 02:19 AM, Clumzor wrote: I'm curious if there's any plans to add a comic friendly format to the site. Of course maybe there is one that i'm not aware of.

That could be added. You just have to submit any new idea that you have.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 15:48:54

At 12/7/18 11:12 AM, Vinsionary wrote:

Don't worry; with so many new folks coming about, the haters should start getting counterbalanced by the lovers~

I seriously hope so!

At 12/6/18 05:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: Been intending to do this, it's way overdue now. The FLA resources probably aren't even needed by anyone anymore, either.

Still hope you keep them around though. :O Nostalgia...

At 12/7/18 05:56 AM, TomFulp wrote: Thanks! It's not for everyone but that has been a big goal with the ongoing updates. I recently dug up my old "Newgrounds Atomix" site menu from 1998-1999 and was amused to see the word "Atomix" was almost the same orange gradient as the current "NEWGROUNDS" text in the header. I'll have to post a pic later when I'm at my office computer.

Nostalgia never previously seen there. :) Looking forward to it!

That five vote thing sounds pretty wise too.

At 12/5/18 02:42 PM, TomFulp wrote: An option to toggle that size would be handy. For a long time I've been tempted to have the art full the whole width by default but then I do like seeing the artist credit right there too. On the topic of image resizing, I've always want to have a nearest neighbor 2X, 3X, 4X for pixel art. :3

Aaand I like this idea too! So many good ideas in circulation here!

At 12/7/18 03:42 PM, Eldrik wrote: I see what you mean with my pictures, but here's what I see when I browse other artists' pictures, but only some. And I know I scored them, so -something- should happen, right?

It could still be that users are favoring and viewing without voting, and that it thus hasn't reached that amount yet. Or that it's sorted as a sketch, for which the voting bar doesn't (or at least hasn't, in the past) show? Or I'm wrong and there's something bugging out there... a link to one of those particular ones would be interesting.

At 12/5/18 11:02 AM, ApacheJay156 wrote: 1. Multiple images per post.

Seems this one is on the agenda at this point. :)

2. Give us a place where we can see some concise statistics related to our profile and uploads. Being able to see the number of faves, views and rating of each submission without having to click on it and open it would be great.

You do have a small overview on reviews and totals on this page: https://www.newgrounds.com/projects

...but I agree, graphs and real stats would be really cool to see too. Often wonder how many people actually stumble upon some of my newsposts too. View counts on those would be great (and if possible maybe not all public by default).

3. Please give us a way to separate the art on our profile into different "folders" or galleries. People looking for my RWBY fanart might not care about Kancolle girls, and I would like to make things easy for them to find.

You might want to check out the playlist feature. Seems this might be expanding to work more as a gallery too for those who need it.

4. I see you've already allowed us to add more than 4 tags to an image. Awesome.

Fo rizzle. :) So fast.

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 15:57:40

Hi everyone, tumblr refugee here. I remember going on this site a lot back in the 2000s as a young child/teen having fun on all the memes and flash games. Aaaah, numa numa. Thanks for such the warm welcome! After years of being abused by tumblr's broken website, its a breath of fresh air to be on a site that works and with a caring staff that actually interacts with their userbase.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 16:07:24

At 12/7/18 03:57 PM, eelwaffles wrote: Hi everyone, tumblr refugee here. I remember going on this site a lot back in the 2000s as a young child/teen having fun on all the memes and flash games. Aaaah, numa numa. After years of being abused by tumblr's broken website, its a breath of fresh air to be on a site that works and with a caring staff that actually interacts with their userbase.

Those memories. XD Shame the Numa Numa no longer exists here, copyright conflict, but hopefully most of your other memories do! Glad you found your back to this creative oasis!

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-07 16:12:26

as one of the artists migrating from tumblr i gotta say it's nice seeing a site with staff actually caring about their user base

At 12/3/18 09:49 PM, Kelanich wrote: New here, is there any way to make your info on your page private?

Such as favorites and playlists?

Options for
1) Private User pages
2) Choice of which parts can be made private.

I think this is a needed dimension to NG.