00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JSkell95 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists!

79,448 Views | 531 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 21:44:15

I'd enjoy some features that'd really improve an experience from someone who commissions art:

1. An option to upload art that has been commissioned by the user with full crediting to the original artist, so the site can still effectively be used as an image gallery to quickly link to without disparaging content creators with art theft or lack of attributing.

2. A better, well versed commissioning section of the art portal. Dedicated pricing, customer rating systems, authentication, etc. No 'Pay in Exposure'. This will ensure that artists can post commission rates and commissioners can easily find artists to pay.

3. More tags per picture. Four is just simply not enough.

4. A moderated Collaboration portal. A lot of the ads seem illicit at times, but that may just be me.

Hentai is what I like, so im like one of the many hentai judgers on NG, so if i dont like it, you get a bad review, que paso?

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 21:48:36

Yaaay, Newgrounds strikes back. I wish it was under different circumstances, but it's still beneficial.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 21:55:38

Hearing about the huge migration to here reminded me of my old home that was this place. Glad to see how things seem to be picking up again, hoping for many more years of glory to this site.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 22:18:08

Newgrounds more like NEWDgrounds haha. hah

I'll see myself out

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 22:22:20

I feel like a child again with all this love and making NG servers collapsing from all the new content. Glad to welcome all of you creators as I have always admired artists a lot since I can´t even draw a stick figure straight. In what I can I would try to comment and give reviews in the art section and in general all the others sections again since in the past I have been kind of distant from normally commenting since I thought my opinion was kind of boring but I think now at least it can be kind of better( I hope). So yeah glad too see so many happy souls and hoping that NG can be a new home to you all.
Apart from this a thing I have been thinking is that with so many new artists,we need as many had said new tag systems and all but another cool thing could be a subsection in each section where there is content from all the new users in a way it doesn´t feel oversatured, like for example putting just one piece of art/music/etc or maybe even just the names so that other users can check them out, I have been thinking this because with the new wave of art it is possible to miss someone with so many images.

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 22:42:40

Thank you guys for being so nice! I already hit the 10 upload limit and I'm just holding tabs open to start again tomorrow XD

It really is so super nostalgic being here again! A lot has changed, but the good parts have stayed the same it seems. NG might just be my favorite new place ^^

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 22:45:03

Thank you for having us! It's nice to be in a place where we're appreciated!

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 22:55:12

Thanks a ton for harboring refugees from Tumblr, seriously! You guys are mighty awesome

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 00:38:05

This place looks ten times better then deviant art ever did. I only ever heard of this place in videos talking about YouTube animation community and decided with all the stuff going on with tumblr to see if the sight had grown any since then. very glad it did. Also THERE IS SPELL CHECK which i desperately need.

i think im gona like it here

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 01:02:45

Thanks for the warm welcome, Newgrounds. I'm glad to know there's someone out there who doesn't put profit over creativity.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 01:04:00

I think... we're back?
Okay good

Hey everyone that's just coming in! Click the link on my sig for glorious knowledge

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 01:57:30

I've mostly just watched flash movies on Newgrounds over the years, never really felt fully welcome here, the site does have a very straight male culture. Fuck tumblr and what they're doing, though.

Hopefully all the other people coming from tumblr will gay this place up a bit :)

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 02:01:33

Thank you for the warm welcome, Tom!

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 02:48:02

At 12/4/18 11:01 PM, C wrote: Cool, but keep in mind that you guys are migrating here, and Newgrounds is ultimately our community that you are becoming a part of, and not the other way around. It's not going to be a case of us rebuilding the entire site to fit what Tumblr users want.

I just wanted to second this. I know how... demanding Tumblr users can be. But this isn't and will never be Tumblr. That's the whole point of moving :/

I know Tumblr burned our crops and delivered a plague upon our houses. But Newgrounds didn't do that. So let's all just kind of chill and not start pushing for Newgrounds to be more like the site everybody's fleeing from... Learn how NG works first. Find ways to use what NG already has before looking for them to change site-wide code for a fancy widget you want. We're artists, we're supposed to be creative in the first place. Get creative with it. Don't come to a new place that's accepted you with open arms and go: "Wow, thanks! Now change: this, and this, and this, and this."

There's a time and a place for that.

But please, it's been a day guys. Newgrounds will always improve certain features and get more awesome, but Newgrounds is Newgrounds, not anywhere else. And I think that's what makes it so great here c:

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 03:25:04

I've always had an account on here, but I'd never thought I'd use it for uploading artworks after the whole tumblr fiasco... very welcome to be a part of the art community here as well. I'll repost more of my old artworks as well as new ones throughout the rest of this year and onto the new one~

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 04:20:16

It feels to finally make an account. You guys have entertained me for over 15 years. Maybe I can contribute to the site with some art.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 04:31:23

Well, I guess I'm here now too. I kind of feel like my art doesn't fit in, but I'm going to be posting it anyway.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 05:20:00

Welcome Tumblr users, it's great to have you here. Newgrounds needs some new lifeblood!
Please keep in mind that Newgrounds is known for hosting things with controversial humor, what some of you may find offensive...
Please don't mass flag or mass blam something, just because it's triggering to you, personally. Keep in mind that this is everything by everyone and everything may mean it's offensive.

BUT
This also means you have that same freedom to express yourself, even if it's about someone else's work!

Please stay civil and enjoy your stay!

I'm Del Rio

I like to draw comics and stuff

My Art Thread

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 05:24:51

Thanks for the welcome!

Though... I don't really count as new since I've been lurking on and off since before the second Metal Gear Awesome was uploaded here, but I've now officially joined the member ranks! You're all stuck with me now, muahahaha!

In all seriousness though, I love this place. It's easy to get around, and as someone who doesn't use mobile, I take no issue with Newgrounds' lack of "mobile friendliness". If I could ask for anything, it would be for more tags. I like that there is a maximum, but four is a bit too little. Many artists moving over are used to tagging with Name, Full Name, Show in Japanese, Show in English, one or more abbreviations on the show their work is derived from, and finally a couple of tags to sum up the rest of the comment in the picture (for example, a picture of Kirishima can end up with BNHA, MHA, My-Hero-Academia, Boku-no-Hero-Academia, Kirishima, and Eijirou-Kirishima, just to get started). That can be five or six tags at the minimum just to get an illustration properly searchable. If we could bring it up to around 8-10 the hard limit would damn near annihilate the terrible power tagging had on Tumblr (what with the whole discussions in the tags nonsense that was everywhere) while still making things easier to find for the rest of us.

Otherwise, I can't wait to see how things turn out! Hopefully this all brings this site the support it deserves. I'm exited!

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 05:45:38

At 12/4/18 10:42 PM, Lady-Suchiko wrote: I already hit the 10 upload limit and I'm just holding tabs open to start again tomorrow XD

You won't have to do that much longer, we'll be raising the limits to more realistic figures, probably at some point today - if not, then over the next couple of days.

Happy to be here.
Now I have a use for my SFW stuff too (actionscenes) .
I have no clue how many people are using this page tbh.

I also now a "supporter" Dont know what benefits this has.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 06:14:44

I'm very excited to post some of my art here and get to know new peeps. I've never felt so welcomed by any platform before!

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 06:18:40

I too welcome all new people here!

I spent several minutes every day on this platform for the past 15 years. The innovation and inspiration on all major topics (Animation, Music, Art, Games) is overwhelming and unique. I don't mind having many NSFW artists, it will surely also bring a lot of SFW. That is what I personally am looking forward to.

So my personal thanks in advance to each of you!

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 07:00:24

At 12/4/18 06:19 PM, Feulin wrote: I'm here from tumblr too, tbh this site is put together so well I'm so happy...........;w;

Thanks! Been making notes of all the critiques but it's also nice to hear from people who are just happy with the site in general. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 07:03:05

At 12/4/18 09:14 PM, kodav4 wrote: Hello!! I have had a newgrounds account before, but never really used it too much. I'll be moving some of my art over here too!
If im allowed to ask questions here, Im curious about the scouting system. If I post art here, how are people going to see it if it isnt in the Art portal? Is getting scouted an easy process, or is it more exclusive to super experienced artists?
Also, what is the best way to gain an audience here?

Sorry if this was asked already, ive already seen a few new members are kind of thrown off by the system!

Looks like you were scouted already, congrats! Scouted artists browse the list specifically for artists who haven't been scouted yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 07:05:26

At 12/4/18 10:42 PM, Lady-Suchiko wrote: Thank you guys for being so nice! I already hit the 10 upload limit and I'm just holding tabs open to start again tomorrow XD

It really is so super nostalgic being here again! A lot has changed, but the good parts have stayed the same it seems. NG might just be my favorite new place ^^

We've raised the daily limit to 50 pieces so you can upload more when ready!

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 08:13:13

Hey, I'm new here, just coming from Tumblr. I'm wondering, is there any way for writers to share their work on here? Or is it purely visual and auditory medias?

At 12/5/18 05:20 AM, ZRDR wrote: Keep in mind that this is everything by everyone and everything may mean it's offensive.

This is still one of the biggest things that draw me back to this place time and time again. Everything by Everyone.

Any content or subject matter is not off limits (within legal reason), and can be made by any person no matter if you're a big professional or just an amateur starting out, rich, poor, or whatever, as long as you want to create something.

Too many platforms as of late seem to control what type of content can be shown. As well, there are barriers to small and unknown artists/animators/ect on other platforms that keep them from being able to present their work to a wider audience unless you have the established fans or the budget (and possibly god like skills).

Newgrounds is different. I'm glad it exists.

PLZ FOLLOW --> Instagram | YouTube | Deviantart

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 08:37:54

At 12/4/18 05:57 AM, zsewq64 wrote: If the artist from Tumblr are coming here then make sure you put a Blog feed and Repost

The Reblog button on Tumblr was the best thing for the artist to have given it gives them the hope someone will see there work and it is seen more and more when more people Repost it.

Also Bring the Ask for there blogs if its story base, I a lot of Tumblr art is half are story base where someone asks them something and the artist make about replying to it

Now now, that's a little much. ^^U

First off, Newgrounds has a forum you can be vocal in, and users have their favorites listed in their userpages. Heck, users can even write journals in their pages. I think that should cover the blog feed and repost functions. Personally, I never even liked that Reposting had to be a necessicity back in tumblr.

Secondly, you guys have private-messaging. That's Asking and then some, since there's no Anon shenanigans.
If an artist wants to draw ask-blog style stuff, they can write in their userpage they're open to receiving private messages for that purpose. Simple as that, no need to have more than one way to do the same thing.

Artist, Writer, VA & Aspiring Best Buddy! ^u^

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-05 08:43:18

i for one welcome our new tumblr artist friends