Respond to this Topic
CinnaTheBadBat
CinnaTheBadBat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 14:51:37 Reply

Well I hope that Newgrounds can become a home to me and many other artists out there~

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 14:52:48 Reply

At 12/4/18 12:49 PM, Atelous wrote: Multiple images in a single art post.

Welcome back! Thought I'd offer some cents on some of these suggestions too, ones that have been suggested earlier as well. Regarding multiple images in a single post, a lot of people seem to be suggesting this, and I like the idea. Definitely situations where it'd be useful, like...

Two new portals: one for comics, and one for creative writing.

...for comics.

I feel like adding a whole new section for them might be a lot of extra work for something that could be using some of the features we already have to group them together, such as Collections, Playlists, Posts, and that multiple image suggestion above.

It would be good with a category for comics though, if that didn't exist already, so you can really find them in the same place. Artists could group together their work whichever way they prefer.

Regarding the writing portal: would be great to see that thing finally come to fruition! :) It's been talked about so long but up until now maybe there just wasn't a big enough incentive/base of writers here. Hope y'all change that.

Favorites, comments, and ratings from the people you follow on the user's front page.

Hmm, so basically the private feed we have for this made public?

Putting up a separate feed for what the people you follow are marking as their favorites and commenting on would be a great way to give users a greater means of finding other users with similar interests.

Seems like this might not be too difficult to make when it's using the same functionality we have already. I like the idea, but more so I think I'd like just being able to reblog something another user has posted on my page. Then I could pick out the things I really want to feature, instead of it being an aimless stream that people might not really be interested in browsing through. We do have favorites too, so they could serve similar purpose.

Solid feedback! Hope some of it makes the cut.

At 12/4/18 02:06 PM, TheAstra wrote: Or maybe gamify with achievements and such to help people set up their page. (Something like twitch did?)

That would be great too.

At 12/4/18 02:33 PM, SnootAnon wrote: I know I should feel smug, but screw it, I'm smug as fuck right now.

Hey you should be smug right now. :D Inspiring follow-up too!

At 12/4/18 12:46 PM, rock278 wrote: I'm willing to become a supporter for that :)

Welcome to that elite NG clique! :)

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 14:54:31 Reply

At 12/4/18 02:29 PM, TomFulp wrote: It's a Christmas miracle.

lmao XD

It sure is though.

Terton
Terton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 14:57:46 Reply

At 12/4/18 02:06 PM, TheAstra wrote: @TomFulp
I have been welcoming people to the site and noticed that a couple of them don't know what scouting means or even didn't notice that their art pieces didn't appear in the main art page (Must admit I had that problem too when I joined a while ago).
Maybe a message telling newcomers how it works would help. (If they read it at all)
Or maybe gamify with achievements and such to help people set up their page. (Something like twitch did?)

I imagine it'll be a little difficult to get scouted with all the new submissions pushing older ones further back, too.

dx5231
dx5231
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 15:00:24 Reply

I don't think in all my years here I could've ever predicted NG being turned into technically an adult website in all my time here. Well, haven't seen the portal filled with under judgement submissions in years, so I guess this is a great thing. Problem is that I can't see more than 75 under judgement submissions. Is this just me being dumb, or is this not possible to do on the portal page? I know I can do it in the Games/Movies categories, but is there a way to mix both UJ games and movies together for pure lazy stat whoring purposes?

BBS Signature
Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 15:00:37 Reply

hopefully this economic bubble doesnt pop but expands exponentionally and infinitely

TheJoyfulPill
TheJoyfulPill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist

So can i just ask for another artist to scout me here?

Edit: Didn't realize asking for scouting was taboo

Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists!

SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Artist
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 15:07:53 Reply

At 12/4/18 02:45 PM, TheReviewTrickster wrote:
At 12/4/18 02:29 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Oh, I love that! But have you seen this edit made by @SevenSeize that I use as the symbol of the cult I've developed about you?

I'm one of the few religious leaders in the world who don't lie when they say their god has talked to them. Well, typed at them, at least.

Now our cult will grow twice as strong!!!!

I mean religion

Not cult

deepandsilent3dx
deepandsilent3dx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 15:09:42 Reply

Hello folks! I am deepandsilent3dx, hobby DAZ Studio artist. I play around with this great posing and rendering software from time to time. I love creating fantasy and erotic scenes, mostly futanari and young shortstacks, and I want to show you these works as well.

I migrated here from Tumblr because, as you've already heard, Tumblr soon will not accept artworks with sexual content.

As my first impression is, it is a fine community here, and I hope that my art finds much encouragement here.

By the way, sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language, and unfortunately I need to use Google Translator for my posts. So takes it with humor, if some reads strangely. :)

Winnocence
Winnocence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 15:13:06 Reply

welp, i guess use my account here again :P

Phinci
Phinci
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 15:13:23 Reply

Thank you for the helpful guidelines ! I'm new here ( only been here to fap ) and appreciate the tips ( was looking on how to access the adult art section ) .

Hope to provide some good art to the newgrounds community :D !

ColasTeam
ColasTeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 15:22:50 Reply

At 12/3/18 03:42 PM, TomFulp wrote:
You may have noticed this post is in an older, non-mobile friendly layout. We've been overhauling one area at a time and the next to launch will be our updated forums. We'll also be updating the rich text editor in blogs so those will get a lot better. Check out the Community News and say hi to all the new people who are blogging!

We've documented a ton of feedback from new and returning artists and have a big list of improvements we want to prioritize in 2019. We're hoping everyone who is giving NG a chance will always feel great about their decision.

We want to hear your feedback, too! You can PM me or reply right in this thread. Let us know what parts of NG confuse you and what features you would like to see. I don't mind hearing repeats because it helps us know what there is the most demand for.

I'm really glad this site is finally back to being relevant, I just hope you guys don't sacrifice any features for the sake of "minimalism" or some other Web 3.0 bullshit. What I love about this site is how packed it is of features, and the nice functional layout from the Web 2.0 days.

Update the mobile site all you want, but I hope the desktop site just continues to build upon the existing foundation, rather than starting from scratch or some other such bullshit.

ZORAK420
ZORAK420
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate

Time to dust off this really old account, lol. Not to be too rude to Newgrounds, but I'm glad to see this site being relevant again as this is an extremely smart move from Tom.

Also, being able to see the full resolution images rather than tumblr's compressed "1280" bullshit is fucking awesome. Seriously, removing raw images just this year was the big nail in that coffin....which was already full of nails.

So yeah, Newgrounds is BACK baby!!

Nirag
Nirag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 15:34:43 Reply

Welcome to you all!
It's great to see such a great influx of artists!
I hope you'll enjoy your time here on NG!

argenten
argenten
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 15:43:32 Reply

Been a visitor to NG or a bit now, usually to play demos or flash/lewd games linked by others. I must confess i never really dipped into the well of the array of things offered here or the community and it seems I was seriously missing out.

Glad to see the devs and overall community very welcoming of creators and content and while I definitely enjoy my NSFW it's good to see things in general given a positive and upbeat treatment compared to the almost bipolar treatment that the internet and a lot of societies in general seem to consider the norm.

I'm more of a writer although I am working with a team for some unity based games so maybe I'll get to showcase them here too, but either way glad to be here and have an account.

Shout out to @Eldrik who is a longtime bud of mine and a great artist both SFW and NSFW give his page a look and thanks again.

AdventVoice
AdventVoice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 15:46:57 Reply

At 12/3/18 03:42 PM, TomFulp wrote: Newgrounds is currently experiencing a second great artist migration as Tumblr announced today that they will be removing ALL adult content on December 17th.

Yes an "OPEN WEB," is what the world needs and we love you TOM for staying the course.

Sereneandsilent
Sereneandsilent
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 16:17:05 Reply

At 12/3/18 06:10 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/3/18 04:54 PM, Sereneandsilent wrote: Something that I'm worried about and I'm sure that's why many artist were using tumblr and pixiv (sadly pixiv requires censorship) for such reason, is about uploading many pieces in one single post, they really like that feature, for example one work with many variations (you know the ones), comic type or sketch dumps that you could arrange in many ways, but I can't see how to do it here, like I can only upload one file so I would need to put all the pictures together as one or something like that?

Anyway, I think there will be a lot of demand for such thing.
This is one of the top requests so we'll definitely be looking to address it.

That's great! really glad you're considering this, trust me, every time I hear an artist talking about new sites they talk about this feature... And that's why they stayed in tumblr for so long, there's also the ASK(ask anons) but that's not obligatory, is just that many artist love to interact with their followers that way and protect privacy.

But if we get the post with multiple pictures (could be limited to 10) and enough space to describe the content properly (similar to a forum response) then I know everything will be fine.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 16:20:12 Reply

At 12/4/18 01:43 PM, JoanDark wrote: Just wanted to say hi and give thank you all for being this welcome! <3
-JoanDark

Hey there Joan! Welcome to the community!

At 12/4/18 02:51 PM, CinnaTheBadBat wrote: Well I hope that Newgrounds can become a home to me and many other artists out there~

Hope so too! Welcome!

At 12/4/18 01:38 PM, KeaodenSilverstride wrote: Also if anyone could show me how to work this crazy interface I would really appreciate it!

Anything particular you're wondering about? There's crazy much to mention there. :) Best just look around, explore; ask if you run into any strange things.

At 12/4/18 02:06 PM, Striekoza wrote: Hole shit! I was here!

Heeey welcome back! :D

At 12/4/18 02:49 PM, StarstruckEchoid wrote: As one such 2nd wave migrant, I appreciate the hospitality. I do hope this place can become a better platform for me than Tumblr ever was. We'll see. At least the UI here is delightfully early-2000s, and I think that's pretty adorable.

Though it's currently morphing into an all the more resilient form of it's former self. :) Welcome aboard!

At 12/4/18 02:00 PM, NekoMika wrote:
At 12/4/18 01:38 PM, TheReviewTrickster wrote: Tom, are you relaly sure this counter isn't broken? Because I know that monthly goal was at 14 or 15% yesterday night.
I would say that's accurate. Before I went to sleep last night, it was at around 25%, I would say it is increasing quickly due to how many people are migrating / rejoining the website.

Yeah I've been checking in a few times during the day and it just keeps going. :) Awesome to see.

At 12/4/18 02:45 PM, TheReviewTrickster wrote: Oh, I love that! But have you seen this edit made by @SevenSeize that I use as the symbol of the cult I've developed about you?

Nice. XD

At 12/4/18 01:05 PM, RazumiYazura wrote: I started taking voice acting classes this year. Perhaps I should edit my recordings and upload some of them. Hm.

Most definitely. :)

At 12/4/18 02:05 PM, WhisterWhy wrote: Praise the beginning of NG's second golden age!

May this site forever stand as a beacon for young and skilled creators to prove themselves to the world!

Word up!

At 12/4/18 03:25 PM, ZORAK420 wrote: So yeah, Newgrounds is BACK baby!!

Welcome back!

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer

At 12/4/18 03:00 PM, dx5231 wrote: Is this just me being dumb, or is this not possible to do on the portal page?

You're not being dumb there, it's just not possible. :/ Back in the day we could actually browse all submissions in list format like this, but since the Movies and Games sections appeared the thumbnail view took over for such things. So the Portal's limited to just that newest bit of the stream. Still would be nice if it was possible to browse everything in this so easily overviewable format...

At 12/4/18 02:57 PM, Terton wrote: I imagine it'll be a little difficult to get scouted with all the new submissions pushing older ones further back, too.

People seem to be scouring the unscouted section like crazy though. So much competition there in finding new talent. But you're right, if you miss that window with the first few pages and do get pushed back further you'll probably get pushed back pretty far...

At 12/4/18 03:09 PM, deepandsilent3dx wrote: By the way, sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language, and unfortunately I need to use Google Translator for my posts. So takes it with humor, if some reads strangely. :)

Welcome to the community deepandsilent3dx! Seems like Google Translate's doing a fine job so far. :)

Meinos
Meinos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 04
Programmer
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 16:29:17 Reply

I have to admit, I never thought I'd ever come back here. I was a high school kid making flash animations, but then I veered more towards writing than anything else... I have so many memories it's ridiculous.

Well, glad this place is now back on the upswing. :) I missed the orange and black I must admit.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Writer
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 16:34:17 Reply

At 12/4/18 04:29 PM, Meinos wrote: I have to admit, I never thought I'd ever come back here. I was a high school kid making flash animations, but then I veered more towards writing than anything else... I have so many memories it's ridiculous.

Well, glad this place is now back on the upswing. :) I missed the orange and black I must admit.

Glad you're back! Welcome aboard again!

YOGB
YOGB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 16:39:11 Reply

Hey I'm a new user, I just have a quick question, black and white art is okay right? I don't want it to be confused for line art or sketches, I just have trouble with color so I really don't use it.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 16:41:41 Reply

At 12/4/18 04:39 PM, YOGB wrote: Hey I'm a new user, I just have a quick question, black and white art is okay right? I don't want it to be confused for line art or sketches, I just have trouble with color so I really don't use it.

Yup, that's fine!

Nightmare Cops, the game JohnnyUtah, Spazkid and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
YOGB
YOGB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 16:47:02 Reply

At 12/4/18 04:41 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/4/18 04:39 PM, YOGB wrote: Hey I'm a new user, I just have a quick question, black and white art is okay right? I don't want it to be confused for line art or sketches, I just have trouble with color so I really don't use it.
Yup, that's fine!

Thanks! I just got concerned that other artists would become confused or assume it was sketches.
I've heard a lot about you and I'm really glad I'm joining the site!

Wishful-Krissy
Wishful-Krissy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 16:52:33 Reply

I've never felt so welcomed to a site before! I didn't use Tumblr much but where I do post hasn't been changing for the better. And I'll be honest, comparing it to here makes me see that it may be time to move on. haha
Thank you to the community for accepting us! ♥

BlushingThrush
BlushingThrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 16:56:09 Reply

Gotta say, as a non-artist in this situation, seeing such a classic, yet still chill website like Newgrounds get a second wind is really goddamn great to see.

DoctorAnfelo
DoctorAnfelo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 17:07:15 Reply

Hello! Bara/gay art creator here! I'm happy to be joining this community and to have a place where I can post NSFW artwork.

The community here seems pretty chill as well, which I like, plus it's nice to have another community to go after Tumblr decided to implode.

Sorry in advance for any grammar mistakes I make, English isn't my first language and sometimes I mentally switch to another syntax.

BlackMage66652
BlackMage66652
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 17:08:41 Reply

Apparently Tumblr doesn't know the whole purpose of the internet.

ExoProxcell-7
ExoProxcell-7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 17:13:55 Reply

At 12/4/18 05:07 PM, DoctorAnfelo wrote: Hello! Bara/gay art creator here! I'm happy to be joining this community and to have a place where I can post NSFW artwork.

The community here seems pretty chill as well, which I like, plus it's nice to have another community to go after Tumblr decided to implode.

Sorry in advance for any grammar mistakes I make, English isn't my first language and sometimes I mentally switch to another syntax.

Deutsch is my Main language So I as well apologize sorry for any bad English. What your main language?

CrimzonWolf777
CrimzonWolf777
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 17:15:55 Reply

Welcome tumblr refugees! Glad to have you!
Which reminds me....I need to come back here myself. I miss this site haha.