00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists!

79,451 Views | 531 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 16:39:11

Hey I'm a new user, I just have a quick question, black and white art is okay right? I don't want it to be confused for line art or sketches, I just have trouble with color so I really don't use it.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 16:41:41

At 12/4/18 04:39 PM, YOGB wrote: Hey I'm a new user, I just have a quick question, black and white art is okay right? I don't want it to be confused for line art or sketches, I just have trouble with color so I really don't use it.

Yup, that's fine!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 16:47:02

At 12/4/18 04:41 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/4/18 04:39 PM, YOGB wrote: Hey I'm a new user, I just have a quick question, black and white art is okay right? I don't want it to be confused for line art or sketches, I just have trouble with color so I really don't use it.
Yup, that's fine!

Thanks! I just got concerned that other artists would become confused or assume it was sketches.
I've heard a lot about you and I'm really glad I'm joining the site!

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 16:52:33

I've never felt so welcomed to a site before! I didn't use Tumblr much but where I do post hasn't been changing for the better. And I'll be honest, comparing it to here makes me see that it may be time to move on. haha
Thank you to the community for accepting us! ♥

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 16:56:09

Gotta say, as a non-artist in this situation, seeing such a classic, yet still chill website like Newgrounds get a second wind is really goddamn great to see.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 17:07:15

Hello! Bara/gay art creator here! I'm happy to be joining this community and to have a place where I can post NSFW artwork.

The community here seems pretty chill as well, which I like, plus it's nice to have another community to go after Tumblr decided to implode.

Sorry in advance for any grammar mistakes I make, English isn't my first language and sometimes I mentally switch to another syntax.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 17:08:41

Apparently Tumblr doesn't know the whole purpose of the internet.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 17:13:55

At 12/4/18 05:07 PM, DoctorAnfelo wrote: Hello! Bara/gay art creator here! I'm happy to be joining this community and to have a place where I can post NSFW artwork.

The community here seems pretty chill as well, which I like, plus it's nice to have another community to go after Tumblr decided to implode.

Sorry in advance for any grammar mistakes I make, English isn't my first language and sometimes I mentally switch to another syntax.

Deutsch is my Main language So I as well apologize sorry for any bad English. What your main language?

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 17:15:55

Welcome tumblr refugees! Glad to have you!
Which reminds me....I need to come back here myself. I miss this site haha.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 17:25:53

At 12/4/18 05:13 PM, ExoProxcell-7 wrote:
At 12/4/18 05:07 PM, DoctorAnfelo wrote: Sorry in advance for any grammar mistakes I make, English isn't my first language and sometimes I mentally switch to another syntax.
Deutsch is my Main language So I as well apologize sorry for any bad English. What your main language?

Spanish speaker here!

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 17:29:36

At 12/4/18 05:25 PM, DoctorAnfelo wrote:
At 12/4/18 05:13 PM, ExoProxcell-7 wrote:
At 12/4/18 05:07 PM, DoctorAnfelo wrote: Sorry in advance for any grammar mistakes I make, English isn't my first language and sometimes I mentally switch to another syntax.
Spanish speaker here!

Welcome to NewGrounds. There are many international speakers here, so look in the community tab for a forum or group that may suit you

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 17:40:53

*sees the floodgates opening*

Oh.

Welcome to the shitshow! :)

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 17:41:56

Newgrounds is the best place for everything related to art :D

Long live Newgrounds

I'm thankful to the way NG seems to have opened their arms to us, especially the sassy Twitter posts on the matter!
Looking forwards to sharing my nsfw contributions here! (Once I wrap my head around scouting...).

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 18:19:02

I'm here from tumblr too, tbh this site is put together so well I'm so happy...........;w;

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 18:20:42

The welcome us 'tumblr refugees' have gotten has been amazing~ Thanks Newgrounds for giving us a home to come to. <3

Creator of Aether Eternius - A Webcomic about the Elemental Planes!

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 18:23:54

Welcome to everyone to this site!

Even if I'm not even 1 month old in this site, it's awesome to see more people coming here.
Have a good time, everyone! :D

This is the signature.

Nothing fancy. Yup.

Pssst...

BBS Signature

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 18:36:20

I'd really like to see and option to combine your art into separate folders or categories because my mix of traditional inkwork, digital NSFW art and digital innocent sci-fi/fantasy stuff makes my gallery look annoyingly eclectic and inconsistent.
Also, an option to upload multiple images in one entry for comics and pieces with alt versions.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 18:55:47

Hopefully i can get new followers and meet new people here

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 18:56:07

At 12/4/18 05:08 PM, BlackMage66652 wrote: Apparently Tumblr doesn't know the whole purpose of the internet.

Why did I know what song it was before I clicked on it?

I'm just here because I like being here.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 19:05:07

I made an account here nearly four years ago, but don't let that fool you. I haven't touched this account since until yesterday. Since Tumblr is going the way it is I think I should actually use my Newgrounds account and see what I can do with it. Hopefully, this is a good idea.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 19:15:09

Hey all, come read my short handbook on everything NG!

It'll have all you need to know to get started here!
https://solitonmedic.newgrounds.com/news/post/1028767

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 20:00:20

Been lurking in and out of here since back when Stamper was active. Made a new account since it's been too long . I heard about the resurgence from some friends who migrated here from tumblr. Thanks for all your hard work NG and welcome people both new and old. Also, hi Chapman Bros.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 20:55:36

I'm really worried about how well people will respond to this with NG's servers being so bogged down by it right now.
They're gonna think it doesn't have the steam to handle so much traffic, which...I hope is not the case. lol
Every other time I try to get on here I'm getting "504 Bad Gateway" errors, I assume due to the traffic & everything.
Gotta say, tumblr dropping the ball is making this a really exciting time. :b

Just some dork who's loved NG since 2004, yet isn't very artistic himself. You should check out my massive favorites lists.

At 12/4/18 06:36 PM, Armpitcore420 wrote: I'd really like to see and option to combine your art into separate folders or categories because my mix of traditional inkwork, digital NSFW art and digital innocent sci-fi/fantasy stuff makes my gallery look annoyingly eclectic and inconsistent.
Also, an option to upload multiple images in one entry for comics and pieces with alt versions.

With the influx of new artists, NG may have a reason to refine how the Art Portal works with features like that.
I hope that sort of thing, plus maybe the option of displaying artwork differently like, with a title or smaller icons, more per page, etc, start getting considered... but at least there's the rating sorting options to use for now. Nobody has to see the M & A stuff unless they want.

Just some dork who's loved NG since 2004, yet isn't very artistic himself. You should check out my massive favorites lists.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 21:08:55

Thank you for your welcome, your community and your mentality.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 21:20:26

Prediction of the absolute state of Newgrounds in 2019.

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 21:22:30

Yeah I'm curious about the scouting system too. How does this work?
If no one sees my art how does it eventually get scouted by someone? lol

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 21:29:34

I've had an account here for a while but never used it, not even to favorite things, I think... Now I'm posting art here and such and I, like others, are curious about the scout stuff.

I've already had someone do it but I have no idea what it means or anything. lmao

Thank you for being an open space for us artists <3

Response to Welcome, 2nd Wave of New Artists! 2018-12-04 21:36:26

At 12/4/18 09:22 PM, nicefieldNSFW wrote: Yeah I'm curious about the scouting system too. How does this work?
If no one sees my art how does it eventually get scouted by someone? lol

See https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1419273.