00:00
00:00

NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion

2,110 Views | 97 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-04 23:37:12


also another question: what exactly is "caesura"? i had looked on wikipedia and other blogs but i'm still confused. ;-;


i make music and occasionally draws (not posting on ng)

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-05 01:35:52


Sure why the hell not! I'll give it a go. I wanted to verify I understand this correctly though. I'm going to go with this order:
Gb Major, 4/4, Swing, Triangle, Flute
That's allowed, right? I don't wanna make this badass mofo and have it not count, haha.

Awesome idea btw. This should be fun.


It's yo boy

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-05 06:23:01


I'm brushing up on my theory to make sure I hit everything I aim for and I came across a question. When you say "five voice chords" do you mean a pentad? Pentachord? I believe 5 voices implies you have five separate instruments which does not make sense to me. Are you peeps referring to a chord made up of five separate tones?

The track I'm working on doesn't have any of this, I was just anally curious.


At 12/5/18 06:23 AM, Quarl wrote: When you say "five voice chords" do you mean a pentad? Pentachord?

I looked up "pentad" and that seems accurate.

Basically when I used the word "voice" I meant it in the electronic production way, where every single note that a synth plays is considered a "voice", and a 5-voice chord would just be having a synth play 5 notes at the same time so that there are 5 voices.

But I didn't consider that outside of that kind of context, the term 'voice" makes no sense. Sorry! Hope this clears things up.

At 12/5/18 01:35 AM, djt820 wrote: Gb Major, 4/4, Swing, Triangle, Flute
That's allowed, right? I don't wanna make this badass mofo and have it not count, haha.

Yep, that's column C2. Definitely allowed

At 12/4/18 11:37 PM, vidu3k333 wrote: also another question: what exactly is "caesura"? i had looked on wikipedia and other blogs but i'm still confused. ;-;

It's less complex than you think: a caesura is just a pause or a moment of silence. It's a brief stop in a song where no instruments are playing, so that the listener can have a time to just breathe. Hope that helps :)


hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-05 10:08:35


I might consider this.


~ Jessie

Listen to the best selections from Jessie Yun, who creates epic music with iPhone 5!

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-05 18:36:15


Well, yeah, it is probably supposed to be written in 6/8, but the way I wrote it in the sheet music is in 3/4, as such. No BS this is a 100% legit picture. And now you don't believe me, but I promise, this is the legit pic. Anyway, yeah, it might have been easier to write in 6/8

NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-05 18:51:02


Also, if you put a song in 6/8 somewhere, does that technically count as swing? Cuz that's often called a swing beat, I just wanna know.

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-05 20:35:30


At 12/5/18 06:51 PM, AlphaStorm73 wrote: Also, if you put a song in 6/8 somewhere, does that technically count as swing? Cuz that's often called a swing beat, I just wanna know.

Hm, really for swing I would focus more on whether the track feels like swing and less on the technicality of it. Like if you wrote the song with the intention "this track is supposed to have swing", it'd be fine, but if you just wrote a track in whatever compound meter and said "well teeeeeechnically it's swing to some degree so i got it", it might not be. It's kind of about the intent and attempt is what I mean

Did that make any sense? I'm actually not sure if that paragraph actually meant anything


hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-05 23:11:05


Yeah, that makes sense. In other words, the intent in the context of the song, not the technicality of it. I understand it :)

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-05 23:22:43


At 12/5/18 06:36 PM, AlphaStorm73 wrote: Well, yeah, it is probably supposed to be written in 6/8, but the way I wrote it in the sheet music is in 3/4, as such. No BS this is a 100% legit picture. And now you don't believe me, but I promise, this is the legit pic. Anyway, yeah, it might have been easier to write in 6/8

2 x 3/4 is 6/8, so who cares about detail


I have no one style.

- Oscar Peterson

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-05 23:24:33


Also I got 3 MGS V games, so if the current game list don't sound good you can get the MGS games.


I have no one style.

- Oscar Peterson

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-05 23:30:42


At 12/5/18 11:22 PM, I0TA wrote:
2 x 3/4 is 6/8, so who cares about detail

I heard you like rhythms dawg. So I put rhythms inside your rhythms so you can play a rhythm while playing a rhythm.

NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-06 06:10:10


Is this okay if I make VIP version for my old track without using original file and just taking inspiration from it?

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-06 08:41:57


At 12/6/18 06:10 AM, FractureClutter wrote: Is this okay if I make VIP version for my old track without using original file and just taking inspiration from it?

Well, VIPs are not okay. But if you're just taking inspiration from a track, that's legal - it's just at that point, why call it a VIP?

In any case, as long as all of the composition and whatnot is completely original and not taken from that old track, you're good.


hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-06 16:13:41


At 12/5/18 01:35 AM, djt820 wrote: Sure why the hell not! I'll give it a go. I wanted to verify I understand this correctly though. I'm going to go with this order:
Gb Major, 4/4, Swing, Triangle, Flute
That's allowed, right? I don't wanna make this badass mofo and have it not count, haha.

Awesome idea btw. This should be fun.

Someone help a brother out!!!!


It's yo boy

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-06 16:51:17


At 12/5/18 01:35 AM, djt820 wrote: Gb Major, 4/4, Swing, Triangle, Flute
That's allowed, right? I don't wanna make this badass mofo and have it not count, haha.
At 12/5/18 08:48 AM, 1f1n1ty wrote: Yep, that's column C2. Definitely allowed

here you go.


i make music and occasionally draws (not posting on ng)

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-06 18:27:39


At 12/5/18 11:30 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 12/5/18 11:22 PM, I0TA wrote:
2 x 3/4 is 6/8, so who cares about detail
I heard you like rhythms dawg. So I put rhythms inside your rhythms so you can play a rhythm while playing a rhythm.

:P Take my words for granted. I'm theory illiterate. probably why i'm donating prizes and not participating.


I have no one style.

- Oscar Peterson

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-06 20:51:31


At 12/6/18 04:51 PM, vidu3k333 wrote:
At 12/5/18 01:35 AM, djt820 wrote: Gb Major, 4/4, Swing, Triangle, Flute
That's allowed, right? I don't wanna make this badass mofo and have it not count, haha.
At 12/5/18 08:48 AM, 1f1n1ty wrote: Yep, that's column C2. Definitely allowed
here you go.

I did not see that! Sorry! Thanks


It's yo boy

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-08 11:32:27


Hello so I wanted to ask:
- Is it okay that the scale changes in some sections of my track?
(I have choosen "Gb major scale")
- what do you exactly mean whit "16th note run"?

Thanks in advance!

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-08 14:21:57


At 12/8/18 11:32 AM, Tomhson wrote: - Is it okay that the scale changes in some sections of my track?

Absolutely! In fact, I encourage it.

- what do you exactly mean whit "16th note run"?

Have a section in the melody line where the instrument just plays a ton of 16th notes in a row, without gaps.

Thanks in advance!

No problem man ;) thanks for taking interest!


hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-11 05:39:31


the dog named "bingo" was replaced with actual boards
jk


-:[ROBLESK]:-

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-11 21:30:31


20 days left!

People who have submitted:

@Quarl
@AzulJazz
@Yoshiii343


hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-12 02:29:51


@Quarl
@AzulJazz
@Yoshiii343

I judged your tracks and they were pretty good! Please let me know if you update them, which you're allowed to do until the deadline.


At 12/12/18 02:29 AM, BlueOceans wrote: @Quarl
@AzulJazz
@Yoshiii343

I judged your tracks and they were pretty good! Please let me know if you update them, which you're allowed to do until the deadline.

WOOHOO, CURRENTLY TIED FOR TOP THREE PLACES, HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

[EDIT] I just changed my credits in my song to "trumpet/horns" Can I fib and say that I got a quadruple bingo because trumpets?"

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-12 18:34:34


At 12/12/18 06:13 PM, Quarl wrote: [EDIT] I just changed my credits in my song to "trumpet/horns" Can I fib and say that I got a quadruple bingo because trumpets?"

If you used trumpets in your track, you can. But I took another listen and I didn't hear any trumpets.


hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW


At 12/12/18 06:34 PM, 1f1n1ty wrote:
At 12/12/18 06:13 PM, Quarl wrote: [EDIT] I just changed my credits in my song to "trumpet/horns" Can I fib and say that I got a quadruple bingo because trumpets?"
If you used trumpets in your track, you can. But I took another listen and I didn't hear any trumpets.

Sorry if it's misleading but there is not a single trumpet sample. I used the element of sarcasm.

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-12 21:20:48


At 12/12/18 08:03 PM, Quarl wrote: Sorry if it's misleading but there is not a single trumpet sample. I used the element of sarcasm.

It's not very effective...


BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-12 21:44:59


At 12/12/18 09:20 PM, SplatterDash wrote:
At 12/12/18 08:03 PM, Quarl wrote: Sorry if it's misleading but there is not a single trumpet sample. I used the element of sarcasm.
It's not very effective...

Shhhh.


It took me an entire day to realize this was a Pokemon refrence regarding elementals. I guess next time I should try lighting ifinity on fire.

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Discussion 2018-12-13 08:56:58


At 12/13/18 05:17 AM, Quarl wrote: It took me an entire day to realize this was a Pokemon refrence regarding elementals. I guess next time I should try lighting ifinity on fire.

My partner is an Oshawott so that doesn't really work :P


hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW